Wish me luck, yet another health issue

Guest 6.8 AR

"He said a cyst on the testicle itself can be an indication for cancer." Remember he said "can be", not "is". Don't worry yourself

into a tizzy. Like David said, get it dealt with. It'll be a lot less stressful and you'll get back to life as usual. Hang in there, friend.

After reading your post today, my humble recomendation is to follow the doc's advice.

1- the cyst don't need to be there, and yes can be a precusor to prostate cancer.

2-it's causing you spain, sporadic or otherwise, not a location I want to be having pains in.

3-see a urologist at the least, maybe you'll get lucky and get a female one. That can be a little tricky though.

He or she can determine if a visit to an oncologist is in order, maybe even schedule a biopsy if you haven't already had one.

I can tell you truly that the fear and worry is worse than the knowing. The waiting for my blood and biopsy results were almost as bad as some of the treatments themselves. But that's from my story and it doesn't sound like that right now you've got a lot to worry about. Maybe just a little embarassement, discomfort, and a few days of pain should surgery be the course of action.

But in any event, I'll send a few words up for you in my nightly prayers.

Cysts can grow to obscene proportions. Just ask any big fat woman who's had a hundred pound one removed or Google those guys with big huge ground-dragging nads.

In other words get it taken care of. In a case like this a 2nd, 3rd or 4th opinion is warranted.

And here I thought it was TGO that took up most of your time on the internet. Giggity.

When you get trolled by the Capo de Tutti Capi, does that mean you're a made man on the internet? If so, there will have to be a ceremony for Garufa. I am quite happy to be 200 miles away from whatever that may entail.

Pervs. I was talking about Elephant Man syndrome (elephantiasis, a medical condition) dambit!!!

Edited by Garufa

Who is the "she" who is describing your ultrasound findings?

The phrase that comes to mind here is, "common things present commonly." You describe a single cystic lesion found on ultrasound. Testicular cancer is almost never presents as a single cyst lesion. There can be cysts involved with testicular cancer, but it would not typically be one large cyst. Also, you state that presenting symptoms was pain. Only about 10% of testicular cancers present with pain. Therefore, you describe two conditions that are rare for testicular cancer, and you have both of them. This further decreases the likelihood of this being a malignant process. I am not trying to tell you that you absolutely do not have testicular cancer, but I am just trying ease your mind by saying that I think it is lower on the list for a possible diagnosis.

I think a more likely diagnosis would be a spermatocele, which are often assymptomatic but can also cause significant pain if they enlarge. They generally arise near the epididymis but can occur around the perimeter of the testicle with the occlusion of one of the small ducts inside the testicle.

I wish you well either way. No matter waht it is, pain in that area is never fun.