Uselton to close doors on/about 30 June 2012

Just a heads up;

A close friend confirmed that Uselton's is closing his doors on 30 June 2012.

*This is a result of his filing Chapter 11 Bankruptcy

I recommend that anyone that has guns in for service or layaway keep this in mind.

As good as the firearms business is right now, this speaks volumes about Uselton's business practices and their failure to earn their share of the market. It's just beyond me how they were unable to see that before now.

But, this is how the free market is supposed to work.

Edited by DaddyO

I've had my issues in the past with FGS. I also haven't had those problems as of late so live and let live. I'd love to see them get it. For any faults they still have, they rival any other shop within 500 miles for inventory, the doors are open and they are always busy. Someone is doing something right. It goes without saying Uselton was doing something wrong.

Edited by Caster
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...
Guest angelauselton

This is the last week. FYI to get facts correct, my father nor my mother has EVER filed bankruptcy before! Don't always believe what you read. As for this business, yes we could have gotten financing from another bank and we DID have financing. But, after my parents and I lost my sister (their youngest daughter) 7 weeks ago from a car hitting her on OHB, at 22 years old. We decided to pack things up and move on!!! My parents feel GUILTY from working retail and not spending enough time with the family. They have struggled to make ends meet and stay in business. ANd those of you that talk #### and are rude to us need to grow up! WE HAVE LOST A YOUNG FAMILY MEMBER, MY SISTER!!!!!!! YOU THINK YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON BUT YOU DONT! YOU NEVER KNOW WHATS GOING ON IN SOMEONE ELSES LIFE AND FOR ANY OF YOU TO WISH BAD UPON ANYONE JUST REMEMBER KARMA SUCKS. I wouldnt wish any of this on my worst enemy! And yes FGS will be here to bid and so will Guns & Leather, they both came to us about wanting to buy it but couldn't come to a legit offer. And the building, range and inventory will ALL BE SOLD AT ABSOLUTE AUCTION. So good day to you all and GOD BLESS YOU!

So very sorry for your loss.

As far as growing up, I've met the man a couple of times, once in the store. That was the first and last time I ever went in. I don't wish him any bad luck, quite the contrary, I wish him the best of luck in ALL his endeavors but he was very rude to me in the store that day. I thought I was going to need to file plea to congress just get waited on. Being polite goes both ways. Doesn't matter now and I don't hold a grudge, I hope whatever he's planning next does well and you all can prosper from it.

Edited by Caster
Guest angelauselton

Well im sorry if thats the impression you got, i know having him as a father, he can be very forward and abrupt. Just know that we have been dealing with a lot for a long time, as that is not an excuse. But please accept my apologies if that was the impression you got.

• Administrator

What happened seven weeks ago really doesn't have much bearing on the business practices I've heard about for the many years prior. I'm sorry about the family's loss and say that as someone who has buried two children myself, but I never for once thought having lost my children gave me a blank check to be a douche.

Glad to see the business gone. Hope a better gun shop gets the property! :)