Why not OC?

Guest Springfield1911guy

Guest ArmaDeFuego

I lost a few pounds here recently so now my belt isnt very tight, so the last time I tried to use my OWB holster it didnt go over too well. My gun was kind of flopping over & dragging my pants down hahaha. Maybe if I get a smaller belt soon I can try OCing again.....

The many folks like you are main reason I hardly ever open carry. Even if all the interactions were positive, I simply don't want them any more than I do the negative ones.

- OS

I'm glad to hear someone else bring this up. As a cop I hate the guys that ask what I'm carrying and then tell me they would carry a 45 if they were me. They always include that my Glock 40 doesn't have knock down power. No joke I had a guy say knock down power about 15 times during a 5 minute conversation. When I feel like it I mess with people and act like all I know is I'm carrying a Glock. I told one guy a Glock 22 but I didn't remember what caliber it was. Oh and according to some I'm putting my life at risk carrying a Glock.

Point is only the annoying ones care about what I'm carrying so I don't really want them waistIng my time. On forums I get to choose my conversations.

Guest Fergie0660

I dont completely oc but usually just have a tshirt over it. The crackheads do leave you alone when they see your gun, i turned around when one was walking toward my jeep and he seen it and put his hands up and started walking backwards. I laughed til i cryed when i got back in the jeep. It doesnt bother me either way i notice them and that about it. Its the idiots that pull them out to show someone that gets me.

It really bothers me at the gun shop, the ones that want to see if it fits, without clearing the chamber. I avoid those people at all cost. Or hand it to someone to look at without it being cleared. " check out my new glock lee roy its black." And usually pulling it out of there waist band when doing that

Guest Inertia

Best reasons not to open carry have already been stated. I have my own reasons. When I travel to Indiana my in laws are scared to death of guns and do t want them in their house or even around them. Little do they know, under my clothing is a crossbreed super tuck with a kel tek :)

Guest HankRearden

Why not OC?

Because OC scares the sheep and the sheep vote. Look at how well all those OC events and gatherings and attempts at "educating the public" worked for the citizens of California. They could only OC an unloaded weapon before. Since all the publicity they drew to their cause they can't even legally do that now.

But that could never happen here! We are far too enlightened.......right?

Guest 270win

Hank,

You are right. There are so many businesses in downtown Memphis that have put up illegal or legal signs that may more may not get you that 500 dollar fine it is nuts. I think part of it is because people here can openly carry and some do. What is out of sight is out of mind. Regions stuck up signs in Tennessee, but not in Arkansas where you have to conceal. Supposedly regions put up these signs because people were openly carrying in the branches.

What is concealed on me no one can complain about.

Hank,

You are right. There are so many businesses in downtown Memphis that have put up illegal or legal signs that may more may not get you that 500 dollar fine it is nuts. I think part of it is because people here can openly carry and some do. What is out of sight is out of mind. Regions stuck up signs in Tennessee, but not in Arkansas where you have to conceal. Supposedly regions put up these signs because people were openly carrying in the branches.

What is concealed on me no one can complain about.

That's how I read it.

Or is it because posting has force of law in TN but not in the other states in which Region operates?

- OS

If you look back, the trigger was a screaming bedwetter. May have been off the radar until then. You could be right about the Arkansas twist. Don't guess we'll never know for sure.

Guest 270win

If a sign is written a certain way in Arkansas, it does have the force of law. Your license is totally invalid and you can be charged with Class A Misdemeanor 'carrying a weapon', unless there are other circumstances, like you are a traveler.

If you think TN is bad with this 500 dollar fine sign thing, getting charged with carrying a weapon more of a crime in Arkansas.

If a sign is written a certain way in Arkansas, it does have the force of law. Your license is totally invalid and you can be charged with Class A Misdemeanor 'carrying a weapon', unless there are other circumstances, like you are a traveler.

If you think TN is bad with this 500 dollar fine sign thing, getting charged with carrying a weapon more of a crime in Arkansas.

Yeah, matter of fact, AR looks more like some NE state with all the restrictions. Didn't realize just how many there are till I just read up at handgunlaw.us.

- OS

Guest 270win

Arkansas probably has the most restricted licenses in the country, very expensive to get and keep (250 bucks initially, must requal every 5 years) and literally at one time was only good for maybe going to the store, the bank, and keeping a handgun in your car.

If you go to someone's house, you are supposed to notify that you are carrying. No town hall meetings, no police departments, no carrying while voting, athletic events (even little league), church, any state office like getting your drivers license, all make your license totally invalid and you can get charged with carrying a weapon. It truly is better in some instances not to even have a license or just have a rifle in your vehicle. It is crazy how the State Police HQ in Little Rock has signs all over the parking lot and doors of the HQ telling people they cannot legally carry a handgun in the HQ when the signs are not necessary since it is illegal without the signs. That shows you how afraid the state government is of people with concealed handgun licenses.