11 year old being sued

I am guessing mom and dad have money. Only reason to sue 11 year old. Judge should through out case but won't. With suites like this, you will now have to sign a waver of liability when attending a kids ball game. That or spectators will be ban.

I am guessing mom and dad have money. Only reason to sue 11 year old. Judge should through out case but won't. With suites like this, you will now have to sign a waver of liability when attending a kids ball game. That or spectators will be ban.

Maybe we just need to immediately shut down all ball fields everywhere. If we did that we would need less parkland and then state and local governments can save some money...after all, every time they have a "budget crisis" they threaten to close down the parks anyway.

What the hell, here is a new one

And Lloyd's husband, in a third count, is suing for the loss of "services, society and consortium" of his wife. They've demanded a jury trial.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/22/new-jersey-woman-hit-with-baseball-sues-little-league-player/?test=latestnews#ixzz1ydjXG4ET

Loss of consortium is an actionable injury for which money damages may be awarded. The loss of the love, sexual relations, and services of a spouse are being considered tangible injuries to an increasing extent.
shows like he is suing for the lose of sex during said time.

She might be better of suing the park district. They put her picnic table where there is a possibility of being hit by an errant throw in the bullpen.

11 year olds throw wild at times, she ought to pay attention to her surroundings.

Sue the park.

Getting hit with a baseball is the least of her problems.

If she were in a baseball park and didn't have enough sense to know there is a chance of getting hit by

ball. Let alone a Ball park were KIDS are playing. Then there isn't enough money in the world to help that woman.

Edited by TnShooter83

She might be better of suing the park district. They put her picnic table where there is a possibility of being hit by an errant throw in the bullpen.

11 year olds throw wild at times, she ought to pay attention to her surroundings.

Sue the park.

No. Don't sue anyone. Use this as a learning experience. I spend a LOT of time at a baseball park. I've learned to either pay attention to where the ball is, or move away from where a ball is being thrown, hit, or otherwise made airborne. Sueing someone becaues you are an idiot isn't a plan that helps anyone.

• Like 1

What the hell, here is a new one shows like he is suing for the lose of sex during said time.

So if she is seeking money for her loss of sex does that make her a prostitute? I mean she is suing for obviously loosing some sort of earning capacity.

I would be willing to bet she lumped the baseball injury into the injuries sustained by the headboard during sex.

The courts are not the problem, they are required to hear every suit brought before them at least once. Now upon the initial hearing of the case the judge can dismiss it or allow it to progress.

The problem is the pro bono laywers that sue on behalh of someone else that is the problem and the judges who don't have the intestinal fortitude to dismiss a case that should be. The lawyers are the ones who stand to make the most out of a case like this, especially if it drags on. I was once involved in a class action suit and after the attorneys fees I received less than $2 to compensate me for the thousands of dollars that I apparently lost.

Not saying all lawyers are bad but there are some ambulance chasers in the world.

Dolomite

Sometimes the best defense is a good offense.

Perhaps the family of the 11 year old ought to counter-sue for millions for economic terrorism, pain and suffering etc, etc, and put a chill on this thing. The women hit by the baseball was at a park designed for and used for baseball. If she didn't want to risk being hit by a baseball, she should not have been at a baseball park. She picked up risk just by being present. Trying to get the 11 year old's family to pay for her medical bills is reprehensible.

What the hell, here is a new one shows like he is suing for the lose of sex during said time.

That’s exactly what he’s suing for. And it’s pretty common in cases where an injury causes the inability to have sex for any given period of time. It helps in punitive damages.

The baseball hit her in the face...it must have "uglied" her up something aweful, for her husband not to "romance" her! LOL

Provide the plantiff with a .10 bag, if it is really that bad give her two and call it good. Or how about this, just bend her over like she is trying to do to the 11 year old and his family.

She says she accrued $150K in medical bills. I be a lot of it was cosmetic surgery that she wanted before the ball hit her. And then there is the undisclosed amount for punitive damages. This should not hold up in court because the child did not do it maliciously and the women assumed responsibility when she attended the game.

Dolomite

The baseball hit her in the face...it must have "uglied" her up something aweful, for her husband not to "romance" her! LOL

I think she should be required to show "Before" and "After" pictures....if she was ugly before the ball hit her then that part of her claim would be a non-starter. :)

Provide the plantiff with a .10 bag, if it is really that bad give her two and call it good. Or how about this, just bend her over like she is trying to do to the 11 year old and his family.

She says she accrued $150K in medical bills. I be a lot of it was cosmetic surgery that she wanted before the ball hit her. And then there is the undisclosed amount for punitive damages. This should not hold up in court because the child did not do it maliciously and the women assumed responsibility when she attended the game.

Dolomite

Not a $0.10 paper bag, something even cheaper.... a light switch.

The judicial system is absurd. The judge that didn't tell this family and their schmuck attorney to f-off needs to step down.

If this kid can accidentally overthrow a ball (or even throw it on purpose) and do $150,000 worth of damage at the distance from a bullpen to a picnic table outside the fence then MLB should probably just go ahead and sign him. Then he won't have to worry about the lawsuit because 150 grand would be 'chump change'.

Sounds like a B.S. frivolous lawsuit, to me.