Glock Carry Report - Day Four

• Administrator

Glock Carry Report - Day Four

I have carried my Glock 19 for four days now. Carry method has been inside the waistband in a Comp-Tac MTAC kydex/leather holster. I always carry "Condition One" with a round in the chamber.

I have unholstered and reholstered a few times each day, notably:

1. Holstered in the morning to leave for work
  2. Unholstered to store in my locked desk drawer at work
  3. Holstered when running to lunch or other errands
  4. Unholstered to store in my desk upon returning
  5. Holstered to leave work at the end of the day
  6. Unholstered to place in night stand at the end of the day

So far, even with a round in the chamber and Glock's inherently unsafe at any speed design, I've managed not to shoot myself in the leg or ass.

:hyper:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have carried my Glock 19 for four days now.

So far, even with a round in the chamber and Glock's inherently unsafe at any speed design, I've managed not to shoot myself in the leg or a**.

We are still praying for you Tungsten. Your like Evil Knievel... out there on the cutting edge man... risking it all, and letting us watch. I for one am truly

on the edge of my seat. Thanks for keeping us posted. For goodness sake man, don't turn your back on one of those mean o' glocks! :hyper:

Guest GLOCKGUY

i contacted Glock about hearing about some of their guns going off while holstering and breaking them down to clean them. they said you have to have an IQ higher then 20 to own A Glock if its lower then that the suggest you buy a gun with a safety on it :)

Guest kwikrnu

So far, even with a round in the chamber and Glock's inherently unsafe at any speed design, I've managed not to shoot myself in the leg or ass.

:)

You shouldn't put yourself in danger like this. Who will run the board if your Glock shoots you?

• Administrator
You shouldn't put yourself in danger like this. Who will run the board if your Glock shoots you?

That's a pretty good question. Thankfully Molonlabe and the other moderators are pretty good at keeping things afloat without me.

Perhaps more seriously, my wife fell asleep on the couch earlier while I was upstairs painting one of the bedrooms. The Glock was near her on the coffee table. I was both horrified and relieved when I came downstairs and saw this, but realized that it hadn't shot her while she was sleeping.

:)

Guest Grout

Glocks are bipolar.Watch out,one minute their okay and suddenly BAM!!! They'll cap your ass.:D

Edited by Grout

I have been tested, and have an IQ of 46. I guess that means the two Glocks I have for training will not escape from my safe and take me out while I sleep! The six extra points means a few magazines and holsters should be safe to have! :cool:

If Glock said that, I like whoever said it!:D

The Glock is the best defensive sidearm on the market for those who prefer or require a self loader.:)

They are like a $25 hammer. If you miss the nail or hit your thumb, it is not the hammer's fault, it can be abused and still drive every nail, and it is hard to tear up.:up:

• Administrator

Range Report #1...

We attended the middle TN Meet & Shoot today and I got to run the Glock 19 for the first time. I'm guessing I put about 250 rds through it. No malfunctions of any sort, fresh out of the box with no pre-flight prep done to the gun at all. No oil, no cleaning, no anything. Just bang bang bang bang.

I love it. :tinfoil:

Guest GLOCKGUY
Range Report #1...

We attended the middle TN Meet & Shoot today and I got to run the Glock 19 for the first time. I'm guessing I put about 250 rds through it. No malfunctions of any sort, fresh out of the box with no pre-flight prep done to the gun at all. No oil, no cleaning, no anything. Just bang bang bang bang.

I love it. :tinfoil:

i knew you would love it

Guest rufusgooch

Condition 1 on a glock is loaded. Three safetys.... I carry my Beretta 9000 condition 1. with no safetys... well one cock it.

Guest GLOCKGUY
Condition 1 on a glock is loaded. Three safetys.... I carry my Beretta 9000 condition 1. with no safetys... well one cock it.

what????

Technically, the conditions only apply to 1911-style pistols... but, since the Glock has no manual safety which requires an independant action to disengage, it is most like condition 0 (cocked, safety off)... since no operation is required to precede pulling the trigger, in order to discharge the weapon from a cocked condition. And condition 2 is when the hammer is down (a-la your Beretta).

Technically, the conditions only apply to 1911-style pistols... but, since the Glock has no manual safety which requires an independant action to disengage, it is most like condition 0 (cocked, safety off)... since no operation is required to precede pulling the trigger, in order to discharge the weapon from a cocked condition. And condition 2 is when the hammer is down (a-la your Beretta).

I know where you're going with this and I basically agree, but technically, a Glock w/one in the pipe is condition 2, because a Glock is not cocked until the trigger is partially pulled. Back in the day, the ATF classified the Glock as a double action for this reason. Otherwise, the Glock probably never would have been imported. Just imagine, had it not been for the ATF, Mars would have at all nothing to bitch about!