Anyone else grow a beard?

Spots

Does anybdoy else hear mantain any kinda facial hair? Seems like most guys would rather hack it off then deal with growing, trimming and washing a beard. If you grow anything post up. Heres mine, full beard heading towards a big viking beard. I use bluebeard beard wash to clean it, and a 50/50 mix of beeswax and vaseline to wax it and keep it soft and keep it in place.

2012-07-24_21-12-14_950.jpg

Ive had one since I got out of the USMC in Jan. I trimmed it once but I really like the big full beard. The hair on the other hand, I shave my head about every two weeks. Im actually overdue. It'll be three weeks friday on the hair.

Ive had one since I got out of the USMC in Jan. I trimmed it once but I really like the big full beard. The hair on the other hand, I shave my head about every two weeks. Im actually overdue. It'll be three weeks friday on the hair.

I keep my head shaved as well. In the last 15 years I've never gone more than 3-4 weeks without shaving it.

OK "HomeDawg" you ask for it...

I tried to grow a beard BEFORE I came down to your farm for your Primitive Skills class...my face went to "itch'n" like a bitch dog with mange! Had to shave bro! Seems like that happens everytime! No flea shampoo in the world helps!

I must gracefully bow out of this beard growing thingy!

Dave

I guess I got blessed with good "beard genes" Ive been able to grow a full beard since I was sixteen. And Dave sometimes you just gotta man up. I have heard a lot of people make that complaint though.

Guest Broomhead

im only 20 so i cant grow a god beard yet, but when i can im going to go Full Leonidas!!!!!

I could grow a full beard at 20. I just kept it as a goatee though. The more you shave with a razor, the thicker it will get, if its in your genes that is.

I keep a short, full beard and shaved head year-round. I take the guard of the clippers and cut it all the same length about every two weeks or so. Much longer than that and the beard starts itching like I have fleas. My beard hair is really curly and pokes my face when it gets longer.

Mine's more of a scruff. I can go for months without shaving and I'm little better than a 5 o'clock shadow. I'd love it if I could grow a really long beard when I'm a crusty, crazy old fart. I want to look like Saruman when I'm old. That's a cool beard!

saruman.jpg

Guest rebeldrummer

I wish I could grow a full beard. It's sad how little I grow.

Man I know the feeling......I tried for 3 weeks last time I did and it was not more than extreme 5 o clock shadow!!

Guest bkelm18

I've honestly never tried, but I'd like to sometime. It's just that transition when you go from a clean face through the dirty-hillbilly-too-lazy-to-shave-and-your-unshaven-face-looks-like-ass phase before you get to the full on man beard that stops me.

i can grow a full mustache and hair on my chin and sideburns just that one spot on my cheek it wont grow!!!!

Could be it won't grow in that spot. I've got a spot on my neck that just won't grow. I used to think with time it would happen but as I get on to 30 I have come to grips that it just won't happen. Also have pseudofolliculitis which is the fancy way of saying razor rash so it's either growing out or cropped with clippers.

Not anymore, now it is a goatee at the most.

On my first trip overseas I had short hair and clean shaven but when dealing with the locals they didn't seem to acknowledge me. I spoke to a terp about it and he said grow a beard. I asked why. He said married men have beards and are respected while those that are clean shaven generally are not. So this is how I showed up for the next trip.

7f2d31c2.jpg

I carried that look for a while then said screw it because I actually hated looking like that. It did make dealing with locals easier though.

Dolomite

I would love to not have to shave daily, damn work policies. If I don't shave I get all grizzly with the facial hair. I have to shave daily against the grain to get a good shave and go through razors like crazy.

I only grow mine when I'm away from the wife. She hates facial hair, but I hate shaving. After two months of growth I gotta start trimming it though or else it bothers me when I'm trying to sleep.