TGO Rendzvous attendance   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending?

• Yes- by myself
    • Yes- Me + 1
    • Yes - Me + 2
    • Yes - Me + 3 or more

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys, its just a couple of weekends away now. For those of you coming in at different times, the address is 386 Duncan Flats Lane Briceville, Tn 37710. Mapquest it and print the directions, as you will go in and out of cell service on the way in. For anyone who would like to meet, and drive up with me friday evening, we can do that also. Meeting place and time for the drive up is:

Where: Food City parking lot 508 East Tri County Boulevard Oliver Springs, TN 37840

When 5:00 pm Eastern Time, Friday Oct. 19th, 2012

What: Meet up and follow the leader to the TGO rendezvous.

If you are coming for sure, please PM me and let me know. Also bring some food with ya. Coffee will be provided, but bring some water, gatorade, and some sandwiches or stuff to cook on the campfire for you and those with you.Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

Time to find out where the hell Briceville is...

And ask for mommy's permission to go XD

We are about 165 miles from you on the east side of the state. Would take you about 3 hours to get here.

On another note. If you bring alcohol it can't be out until the grandkids and my mom is in bed. So save it for the nights around the fire. Also try to watch you language if you can. Other than that come on out ready for a good time.

We are about 165 miles from you on the east side of the state. Would take you about 3 hours to get here.

On another note. If you bring alcohol it can't be out until the grandkids and my mom is in bed. So save it for the nights around the fire. Also try to watch you language if you can. Other than that come on out ready for a good time.

I think he is underage (for Alcohol, not language) :D

Guest HillyKarma

I'm 16 my friend. The law says I can't purchase or consume alcohol...*cough cough*.

I'll try to get my black ass out there, and don't worry, I don't curse too often.

The alcohol thing was so that everyone knew. I knew you were too young to buy or consume. I am really hoping this turns out to be a nice big event that goes well. If so it will probably become a bi annual or more thing

Guest Broomhead

I've got to talk to my Old Lady, but I'm hoping to make it up there on Saturday for some smithing.

Sorry I didn't reply on Bladeforums, I didn't want to derail your thread.

Looks like we may be sponsored. Kinney Sharpening in Knoxville is supposed to be printing out 10-20 coupons good for one free sharpening for me to pass out to campers. If they come through on this, you guys will be getting a free coupon each.

Damn that sucks. Oh wrll I understand keeping OL's happy, thought I told mine if she plans anything this weekend, she better plan it alone lol. I have a couple confirmed and a few votes, so if worse comes to worse we will have 2 or 3 anyways

As far as other classes it depends on if dave shows or not. We are gonna fix breakfast sat. Morning about 830 and will probably fire the forge around 900 am. We will lay the trade blanket out after lunch in the early afternoon and keep them out as long as possible.

Just a quick reminder. Bring lunch and supper for sat. We will be fixing breakfast sat. If your staying all weekend bring food and drink accordingly. Can't wait to see you guys, Ive been forging all week so we are ready to have fun. See yall soon

Also I wont be in oliver springs tommorow night for anyone who had planned to meet there. Ill already be up here at the camp site. Just print directions and you'll find it fine. My phone number is 850-776-8205. Call me if you get lost ill have my phone on

Edited by Spots

Anyone who might want to follow someone up, I will be stopping in Oak Ridge to pick up some bacon. I don't know where yet or really what time, but it will probably be about 7:15 to 7:30. My number is 865-806-0021, I won't be on the computer much if at all after this so give me a call or send me a text if you want to meet.

Everyone who showed up on saturday. George (Gjohnsoniv), Dan (Broomhead), Dan's dad Steve, John (Jaxjohn) and his son. Dad was in the shop and I snapped the pic

2012-10-20_17-12-07_432.jpg

John's knife he hammered out from 5160 spring steel

2012-10-20_17-12-19_935.jpg

Thanks to everyone who showed up. We will be hosting small one day hammer in's from time to time, so keep your eyes open. And look out for the next TGO rendezvous coming in march-april

Yeah, I understand stuff stands in the way pretty often. If everyone keeps bring railroad spikes, I'm gonna be able to start laying track soon lol. Dan brought down several last time, and George brought several this time. They are fun to play with, and make some good designs.