"Breaking Bad"

i disagree. The gunfight was a farce. that many bullets shot at close distance and no one was hit. I ain't buying it. the man with no name did not miss like the Meth Mafia did.

Ever been in a gunfight? I'd be surprised at a 2% hit rate on something like that

great episode though I am still not believing the time line , I think they dropped the ball there.  but whatever just go with it.

This most recent was probably the best episode they ever did.   In spite of knowing Walt is a bad guy, ruthless to the core he never really came off as evil.  Last night we saw the true Heisenberg come out.  Nothing funny about it.  Walt is evil and deserves the misery he has brought upon himself.  The others in his family don't deserve the misery.

I don't know that I have ever come to hate a TV character as much as Walter White.

• Like 1

great episode though I am still not believing the time line , I think they dropped the ball there.  but whatever just go with it.

This most recent was probably the best episode they ever did.   In spite of knowing Walt is a bad guy, ruthless to the core he never really came off as evil.  Last night we saw the true Heisenberg come out.  Nothing funny about it.  Walt is evil and deserves the misery he has brought upon himself.  The others in his family don't deserve the misery.

I don't know that I have ever come to hate a TV character as much as Walter White.

I remember reading somewhere that the goal of the writers was to make us hate Walt before the end. To take him from a sympathetic character we could identify with, to an evil that we hate.

I think Jesse is supposed to be our grounding rod at this point, the conscience. At the end, he and Walt Jr. are the only two characters (well, Holly as well, but she is not much of a character) that I hope survive.

I remember reading somewhere that the goal of the writers was to make us hate Walt before the end. To take him from a sympathetic character we could identify with, to an evil that we hate.

Funny you mention that...they mentioned it last night on Talking Bad. The actor that plays Hank was referring to the cult-like following that Walt has online. He was amazed at all the evil #### Walt has done, yet he still has fans that sympathize with him. Then he says something about this being the episode where Vince Gilligan says (I'm paraphrasing)...'oh, yeah! How about now? Do you hate him NOW?' 

That Todd kid is one scary dude

Who has a purpose built obluiette at their place?! Creepy!!

Jesse is now the meth cook slave. I don't see Todd offer him a suit, so its clear that he only needs him for a couple of cools to "get it right"

The way Todd volunteered all casually to torture the information out Jesse was creepy as hell, too. I guess it worked...Jesse looks totally broken. Probably due in part to Walt telling him he let that chick die as much as the beatings. Then he sees the photo of the other chick and the kid and he just looked empty.

Edited by BigK

The only thing about that episode that I saw coming was the end of Gomez. I knew they might kill off Hank, but thought Walt would have made a deal for him. The way they played it out was better. It was fitting for both Jack and Hank to go the way it did.

Walt's phone call was epic. What I don't get is Walt's total failure in operational security. Here's a guy that hides extra cell phones in the air vents, keeps his clean clothes outside the meth-mobile, etc.etc. but talks on the phone like that to his wife when she simply says "No" when asked if the cops are there? Hey dumbass! Yeah, the cops are there! Your son called them saying you tried to stab your wife and she's got blood on her! He also knows his DEA uncle is dead and that his mom and aunt said you're a drug lord. Dontcha think he might mention that to the detectives that show up? Dontcha think that might make them use surveilance of every kind they can get their hands on?

I suspect we'll see less of Walt next week. Something still has to happen to make the house become abandoned. My thought is simply that Walt stays away for a while under his new identity from Saul's guy. Marie spills the beans on Skylar to the cops (of course, why wouldn't she?) so Skylar goes away to lady-prison for a while. The kids go to Marie. I see next week being mostly about Skylar and the kids, and Jesse.

Walt then comes back to town (with hair) in the final episode with the MG and gets the ricin from the old house. Then it's off to finish off some old business/revenge/reclaim his money/whatever with Frank and the boys and probably Lydia (and maybe Jesse if he's still alive by then).

It would be sweet justice if they have Jesse be the one to off Walt.

Frank's a stone-cold killa, but Todd's a freakin psycopath. That dude has "20/20 Special Report" written all over him.

Neighbors: "He was such a nice boy. He helped me around the house with chores. I never thought he'd have 27 dismembered bodies hidden under his house"

Edited by monkeylizard

One thing you don't know is the base of operation for Jack and his crew is. Also I think that Walt knew the cops were there and that is why is said he built it all on his own so that it would save Skyler.

Edited by herr.baer

One thing you don't know is the base of operation for Jack and his crew is. Also I think that Walt knew the cops were there and that is why is said he built it all on his own so that it would save Skyler.

Maybe. He also says something about her complicity/involvement for "years" so he kind of sells her out a bit on that one.

I totally think he was playing up the phone call just for the cops. He knew they were there.

That's why when he mentioned Hank he was crying but acting so harsh saying " you'll never see Hank again"

Walt knows his end means, he's just trying to save his family. I truly think he cared for Hank and didn't want him to die, but that ship sailed before he could alter events

I kind of wonder now if maybe the Ricin cigarette is for himself

I dunno about anyone else, but I hope Walt dies.  Gilligan accomplished his task in that regard for me.

I don't think the phone call cleared Skylar.  I gotta rewatch to be clear

I think it did a pretty good job of making it seem like her welfare was being threatened, and it's almost like he planned for it by taking the baby on purpose.  Why else would he have made the call from right in front of a fire department, then dropped the baby off immediately after?

Writers are just awesome, and I love how they just leave you guessing at everything and never fill in the blanks.

I dunno about anyone else, but I hope Walt dies.  Gilligan accomplished his task in that regard for me.

I don't think the phone call cleared Skylar.  I gotta rewatch to be clear

Agreed, I don't think the phone call cleared her. That was his intent, but I don't think it did. 

There is a reason the house is condemned.