Enough is enough

daddyo

I stopped flying a long time ago. I can't believe how bad it's gotten since.

For some time now, I've thought that when the tipping point happens, the catalyst will be action from one of these glorified mall cops.

This is just the evidence for the air travelers. The TSA has branched out. Were or maybe still are in Tennessee

on the highways.

It's been time for them to go, like a lot of other federal harassment agencies. Wait until the IRS gets into full swing.

I think if asked to test my drink my response would be to chug it, hand them the empty container, then tell them to throw it in the trash when they are done.

Even if it was full, I think I would walk over to the nearest trash receptacle and chuck it just to spite them.

My favorite TSA story was when the best man at my wedding bought a gift pack of gourmet mustards INSIDE the checkpoints at one airport and was forced to throw it away at his connecting flight's airport...even though he had a receipt with proper markings.

I can't believe I still let myself get worked up over this one, 4 years later, but I really hate the TSA.

Well... you do have another option...

Buy your own plane or do not fly..

Either you want to be safe or not.. its your choice :)

I know it get can aggravating.. And I think some things need to be readdressed .. but all in all..I rather be scanned and probed and be safe than having someoen smuggle something that could kill us all in a plane.

I know it get can aggravating.. And I think some things need to be readdressed .. but all in all..I rather be scanned and probed and be safe than having someoen smuggle something that could kill us all in a plane.

How many terrorists has the TSA caught since they were created?

How many times should someone be checked?

When is it enough?

Edited by DaddyO
  • Like 2

Returning to the US through a foreign airport is probably the worst. Last time I flew back to the US I counted 7 checkpoints I had to go through before I was in Nashville. I'm all for safety, but that needs to be balanced with reason. The current system is unreasonable. The root of the problem is that the TSA is a gov entity. If it was privatized by airports it would fix 85% of the inefficiency issue.

• Like 1

Returning to the US through a foreign airport is probably the worst. Last time I flew back to the US I counted 7 checkpoints I had to go through before I was in Nashville. I'm all for safety, but that needs to be balanced with reason. The current system is unreasonable. The root of the problem is that the TSA is a gov entity. If it was privatized by airports it would fix 85% of the inefficiency issue.

And it's unionized.

The TSA has yet to catch a single terrorist.

Prior to 1968 it was legal to carry your firearms on a plane. Prior to 1968, there was not one single successful hijacking of a US airliner. and yes, there were attempts. Hijacking was a pretty popular way of robbery in the rest of the world at the time. In 1968, Congress decided to make it illegal to have firearms on commercial airliners. Pure coincidence, of course. :squint:

• Like 2

Well, it is much different world than it was in 1968. The reality is that we must take some measures to mitigate the risk of hijacking. I think we have just gone too far is all. Firearms on plane may not be the solution, and that is not to suggest it wouldn't keep people honest, but it is a safety issue the same as other items that may not be a threat in terms of intent, but more of negligence thing... like there is a reason you can't bring your weed whacker full of gas on a flight. I don't think we're doing it the right way now, but we should recognize that we do have to address the security concerns.

Edited by TMF

Well, it is much different world than it was in 1968. The reality is that we must take some measures to mitigate the risk of hijacking. I think we have just gone too far is all. Firearms on plane may not be the solution, and that is not to suggest it wouldn't keep people honest, but it is a safety issue the same as other items that may not be a threat in terms of intent, but more of negligence thing... like there is a reason you can't bring your weed whacker full of gas on a flight. I don't think we're doing it the right way now, but we should recognize that we do have to address the security concerns.

Thats because we dont have "weed whackers" down here you have to go north of the mason dixon line to find one of those.

In 04 I was going out to Vegas to play the 8 ball national championship and was going to carry on my pool cue case(a large investment that would fit in overhead compartment and had to check it because it had sticks in it that could be used as weapons. Sure I am going to hijack a plane with a $1000 pool cue. Some reason must be found. A 2 piece pool cue is the same length as a cane and how many people get on planes with them.

JTM

Sent from my iPhone

Thats why I said .. some things need to change..I can understand why peopel get upset...and yes.. they do go overboard but a scan or a patdown isnt going to kill anyone..

Maybe they have not caught any terrorists.. btu they have caught plenty of people who tried to bring weps ( unsavory peeps) on board.. and what about that shoe bomb dude?

It only takes one time to let someoen slip by with a bomb..one time..

I rather not take that chance....

• Moderators

And I'd rather not be robbed when I am out shopping, I guess that means we should ban all guns, eh?

Life is risk. You can't eliminate it, but you can minimize it. The question is how much are you willing to give up in the process. I know how much I am willing to give up, that's why I won't fly or take any sort of transit where I have to deal with the TSA as I view their current activities as unreasonable and a violation of my 4th Amendment rights.

They've caught people who forgot they had a weapon in their bag. Big deal. How many dangerous objects/weapons have been missed at TSA checkpoints? Plenty. Real effective, huh?

TSA gives the illusion of safety, nothing more. The sheeple need to feel safe, regardless of whether or not they actually are. This is exactly WHY our rights have dwindled over the years, because people are complacent and rationalize by telling themselves that the government really does care about them. They think that by giving up their rights they will be protected. What :bs:

How do you boil a frog?

Edited by DaddyO

Maybe they have not caught any terrorists.. btu they have caught plenty of people who tried to bring weps ( unsavory peeps) on board.. and what about that shoe bomb dude?

The TSA let him on the flight. He was subdued by passengers after trying to light his shoe on fire. Apparently he missed that day of jihad camp because you can't detonate C4 that way... you can just severely burn yourself, which is why it is a shame he was beaten down before he had a chance to light it.

The TSA let him on the flight. He was subdued by passengers after trying to light his shoe on fire. Apparently he missed that day of jihad camp because you can't detonate C4 that way... you can just severely burn yourself, which is why it is a shame he was beaten down before he had a chance to light it.

Hey, the TSA did a bang up job catching that guy, didn't they? :rofl:

Sounds like you would have more success letting them get on the plane and then letting the passengers deal with them.

I'd rather not be subjected to invasive searches. There is very little proof that TSA has prevented much of anything.