Shooting West Nashville - gun sale involved

Guest rebeldrummer

A phone call goes a long way in this day and age of cyber-introductions.

You call tell a lot from someones voice and tone.

I will never meet someone without talking to them on the phone at least once.

And I am not afraid or find it shrewd to cancel on someone if I feel uneasy by anything they say in an email or on a phone call.

I prefer doing any private party transactions with members on here who have some background. I would be a little more leary with a person who just started their profile. But either way unless you know someone very well you should always have that survival mindset and keep your guard up. The idiots these days will rob you for anything.

FIrst off I feel for the victims family and hope they can catch the trash that did this.

I would like to know more details of how this all came to be. I've had my share of online dealings and despite some that weren't always comforting, perhaps because of my own paranoid tendencies, all ended without incidence. There's a laundry list of precautions I take and while it might not appear on the surface that the other person intends to harm you I always expect it but hope for the best.

By the information given so far it sounds like the seller wasn't on alert and his co-pilot definitely wasn't where he needed to be. An ounce of prevention.....

I wonder if it was http://www.###.com/

I'm only throwing that out there because Craigslist and its users quickly flag stuff that is prohibited for sale. If a gun ad was placed on CL, it wouldn't last very long.

My prayers go out to the family affected by this.

I am always on edge while making a CL transaction. Meeting in a public place is a must. These guys did just that.. that shopping center is bumping on a Saturday night with all the restaurants and stores there, but crime occurs anywhere.

As far as buying/selling used guns, I'm to the point that unless it's a friend or someone off TGO who has been a contributing member for a while, I'd rather pass on the transaction.

Edited by ReefBlueCoupe

A phone call goes a long way in this day and age of cyber-introductions.

You call tell a lot from someones voice and tone.

I will never meet someone without talking to them on the phone at least once.

And I am not afraid or find it shrewd to cancel on someone if I feel uneasy by anything they say in an email or on a phone call.

Agree. I've done four trades through armslist and managed to trade up (in my opinion) every time. It is a good resource for reaching a larger market. Spoke on the phone to every person I met and no red flags went up. The meets went well, but my CZ was at my side through every single one. We have all spoken to enough gun enthusiasts who are also decent people to know what one sounds like. Stay sharp though.

yeah this is some very sad news and something i have thought alot about ... to some degree someone has to take some risk .. i mean everyone on here had no rep and no face to face meetings with site members at some point ... i myself am fairly new to the site and have met up with TGOers 4 or 5 times for transactions and never had any problems but i cant deny i have been worried every time .... my local GS (Lebanon Gun Shop) offers a great service for people conducting private sells .. the owner has told me that they welcome you to come in and conduct your sales there and they even provide a bill of sale and a background check on the gun(s) serial number all free, a service im glad to have, i've only used it once but will use this option exclusively in the future... so if you're in middle TN that's an option for all you TGOers :)