30 Days Out Prez Poll

Who Wins the Presidency in 2012?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who's Our Next Prez?

Okay, folks, here's the second iteration. Might be interesting to see how it may differ from previous poll at 60 days out. Maybe will do one more at one week out.

Again, this is not who you hope will win, but who you believe will win, where you'd have to place yer bucks if you had to bet.

Barring some event or propaganda that changes the whole game, it looks to be very close. But I still think BHO will prevail -- all else being roughly equal, I still don't think Mitt can beat the overall pro-Hussein media influence on the robot masses.

- OS

Here were the results of the 60 days out poll at:

Obama (22 votes [25.88%] :

Hozzie, Grout, HvyMtl, crimsonaudio, Worriedman, c.a.willard, gregintenn, OhShoot, Erik88, TripleDigitRide, strickj, oldmustangjunkie, BPE, Caster, Garufa, Chazmr, dlm37015, Mike.357, TNcitizen22, bkelm18, razorback2003, diablo982

Romney (63 votes [74.12%]:

southernasylum, nysos, Commando68, atlas3025, Major Kong, Chief07, Rightwinger, drv2fst, cardcutter, stillstanding669, subsonic, Batman, RobertY, partypilot1, kieefer, Bigiron, 1gewehr, uofmeet, analog_kidd, irighti, Mr. Brooks, TMF, mikegideon, D3vo, ThePunisher, gjohnsoniv, dralarms, Seabeejason, JohnC, sL1k, jtmaze, Tiny G, Bassoneer, jhnpeterman, 6.8 AR, piercedan, Moped, BigK, Xtarheel, Mechanic_X, xRUSTYx, Lumber_Jack, No Ammo, jdredmond, ghawk249, klamb5, Volzfan, quietguy, Sea_Dog, gunnutt, mootw, bmc50, greenego, JPR1959, DaveS, ttocswob, sbroomheadsr, Ken, 10P8TRIOT, Steel4454, dieewigeteufel, Hthunder, 94user

Edited by OhShoot

I'm still thinking Romney by a hair. The media's tone has softened after the debate, and Romney is gradually tuning his message. He may not stomp Obama in the next two debates, but he won't have a devastating loss either. I think Ryan is gonna slaughter Biden.

I think Obama has blown his wad, and think Romney has been carefully holding his guns. It IS gonna be close, and Johnson could wind up pooching him in a critical swing state.

I also think there's something to the criticism of the polls credibility. Rove and others have some good points.

Not sure I would bet money either way at this point.

I'm hoping Romney will continue to do well in the debates but I just don't know if it will be enough. If the Republicans could have picked a more likeable and moderate candidate he would have stood a much better chance IMO.

Agree about the likability factor. I don't like him much myself on personal level. Mormonism is in no way an overall plus either.

But "moderate"? He's already political white bread to anyone who even slightly leans right. If he were any more moderate, he'd be a Democrat. :)

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
Guest ThePunisher

I'm hoping Romney will continue to do well in the debates but I just don't know if it will be enough. If the Republicans could have picked a more likeable and moderate candidate he would have stood a much better chance IMO.

Like Obama is a really likeable person. He pulled the wool over a bunch of sheeple eyes. Popularity contests don't always get the best results.

Agree about the likability factor. I don't like him much myself on personal level. Mormonism is in no way an overall plus either.

But "moderate"? He's already political white bread to anyone who even slightly leans right. If he were any more moderate, he'd be a Democrat. :)

- OS

I guess I have a different take on the word moderate. I was hoping for someone who supports small government(which means no Massachusetts version of Obamacare), individual liberty(which means no assault weapon bans) and lastly the constitution.

I wish I could design my own candidate. :usa:

- OS

Yep. A big part of the base is disappointed that he doesn't slap a bible every time he speaks. Me... I think we need a money guy. I don't care much about any of the other BS, as long as he doesn't crusade against guns. I'm convinced he won't.

Like Obama is a really likeable person. He pulled the wool over a bunch of sheeple eyes. Popularity contests don't always get the best results.

A lot of people actually LOVE Obama. I mean they adore him. I've not seen many people adore Romney, most just tolerate him.

Yes the Obama voters are mostly brainwashed but they still love the guy.

• Like 1

I guess I have a different take on the word moderate. I was hoping for someone who supports small government(which means no Massachusetts version of Obamacare), individual liberty(which means no assault weapon bans) and lastly the constitution.

I wish I could design my own candidate. :usa:

That was a STATE law. Have you listened to anything Romney has said? Leave it to the states.

Guest ThePunisher

A lot of people actually LOVE Obama. I mean they adore him. I've not seen many people adore Romney, most just tolerate him.

Yes the Obama voters are mostly brainwashed but they still love the guy.

I guess that because he gives them free stuff. And of course he's the messiah.

Guest Tiny G

Agree about the likability factor. I don't like him much myself on personal level. Mormonism is in no way an overall plus either

- OS

We all know how you feel about Mormons. You're misguided,misinformed, and ignorant pseudo-knowledge about us is well documented on this site.

This weekend is the 182nd Semi-annual General Conference of the church. You can tune in tomorrow (Sunday Oct. 7) at 11 am Central and watch it at LDS.org

Feel free to let me know about everything said that you feel is harmful, cultish, and wrong and maybe we can figure out why you think the way you do.

We all know how you feel about Mormons. ....

Statement had nothing to do with my feelings, was totally dispassionate assertion. if you think that all else being equal, Mormonism is an overall plus for his vote tab nationwide, you're dreaming. I don't need to look beyond the microcosm of my Mom's relatively upscale Baptist church to logically assert the opposite. Not to mention the folks right here on TGO who admit they won't vote for a Mormon.

But to answer your personal allegation, my opinion of Mormonism is about the same as of mainstream Christianity itself, merely with an additional degree of more modern wackiness tacked on.

And I am voting for Mitt, so you should applaud that I've overcome my "religious bigotry".

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 3

We all know how you feel about Mormons. You're misguided,misinformed, and ignorant pseudo-knowledge about us is well documented on this site.

This weekend is the 182nd Semi-annual General Conference of the church. You can tune in tomorrow (Sunday Oct. 7) at 11 am Central and watch it at LDS.org

Feel free to let me know about everything said that you feel is harmful, cultish, and wrong and maybe we can figure out why you think the way you do.

Well I for one don't care what his religion is. Obama claims to be a Christian but I don't think he understands the meaning if the word.

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

You should have thrown a other as a choice, cause you know there are those of us that will not vote for either of those two idiots. Your no better than the MSM, setting the poll this way. By doing that you would have a much better representation of how this community will vote.

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214

You should have thrown a other as a choice, cause you know there are those of us that will not vote for either of those two idiots. Your no better than the MSM, setting the poll this way. By doing that you would have a much better representation of how this community will vote.

Reading comprehension fail. The poll is not about how this community will vote, but rather who this community thinks will win.

For that reason, I did not include other choices -- this protects any such members from the embarrassment of acknowledging their lunacy in public.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
  • Like 2

Reading comprehension fail. The poll is not about how this community will vote, but rather who this community thinks will win.

For that reason, I did not include other choices -- this protects any others the embarrassment of acknowledging their lunacy in public.

- OS

Same thing that happened to your other poll.