So Obama has clinched the nomination.

In some ways I'm glad because Hillary would have been much worse for gun owners. The woman is vindictive if nothing else. Obama is just hapless.

Change you can believe in? Here's a cartoon illustrating the change Obama will give us:

mban1768l.jpg

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They would definitely be a dream (nightmare) team. They're still discussing that option, but I think ego may interfere. The Republicans have run a pretty clean campaign up until now. Let the mudslinging begin!

Im not too worried about Obama picking Hillary as the VP. I think Dick Morris put it just about right today...he said quote...

"Putting Hillary Clinton on the ticket for vice president creates a ménage-à-trois. Bill will be the unexpected roommate. Even if a President Obama can discipline Hillary and get her to play second fiddle, there is not the remotest chance that he can get the former president to accept such rules. Even if Bill Clinton wanted to rein in his newly prolific public expressions of rage and frustration, there is doubt that he is any longer capable of doing so.

Hillary, who likely desperately wants to be tapped for vice president, is going about it in exactly the wrong way. She seems to be demanding a kind of coalition government between herself and Obama, a definition of the vice presidency not likely to appeal to the president."

I think that says it all.

Does anyone seriously think Hillary will be chosen for for VP? Especially after her assassination comment, a number of ex-associates whose deaths are at least mildly suspect, and the raw lust for power that she's demonstrated over the years?

Hillary's presidential hopes are like a drowning man--if you swim out to save him, he might take you down with him. I doubt that Obama will endanger his campaign like that.

Does anyone seriously think Hillary will be chosen for for VP? Especially after her assassination comment, a number of ex-associates whose deaths are at least mildly suspect, and the raw lust for power that she's demonstrated over the years?

Hillary's presidential hopes are like a drowning man--if you swim out to save him, he might take you down with him. I doubt that Obama will endanger his campaign like that.

Bingo, exactly right. She brings nothing to the ticket except negatives.

If he doesn't pick Sam Nunn he's a moron. But we knew that already.

Guest dwrd

As someone said this morning, she went about it the wrong way saying that she would accept it if he asked, on his day for glory in winning the nomination. He seemed to be pretty pissed off about that fact in his speech.

I agree with magiccarpetrides, Condi would make the general election interesting if she was running as the VP candidate.

As someone said this morning, she went about it the wrong way saying that she would accept it if he asked, on his day for glory in winning the nomination. He seemed to be pretty pissed off about that fact in his speech.

I agree with magiccarpetrides, Condi would make the general election interesting if she was running as the VP candidate.

Rice would be a terrible, awful candidate. The fact of her being Black wouldnt help the ticket at all. Bush has appointed more Blacks to high office than any other president. And the Black community still hates him.

And she is associated with Iraq, so she's a definite no go. And she doesnt want the job.

Rick Perry of Texas, Mark Sanford of S.Carolina, probably a few other good choices. But no one remotely associated with Bush. Maybe Joe Lieberman.

• Administrator
So Obama has clinched the nomination.

In some ways I'm glad because Hillary would have been much worse for gun owners.

Really?

[ame]

[/ame]

Sounds like he is pretty hell bent on disarming America. It's no secret he'd like to do the same to you and I individually as he is already on record as wanting to forbid gun shops to exist within a 15 mile radius of any school. Think about that. 15 miles. You'd be out of work.

Guest dwrd
Rice would be a terrible, awful candidate. The fact of her being Black wouldnt help the ticket at all. Bush has appointed more Blacks to high office than any other president. And the Black community still hates him.

And she is associated with Iraq, so she's a definite no go. And she doesnt want the job.

Rick Perry of Texas, Mark Sanford of S.Carolina, probably a few other good choices. But no one remotely associated with Bush. Maybe Joe Lieberman.

I didn't mean that I would want Rice as the VP. I just think that it would be interesting to see all of the drama that would come with it in the election.

Guest nraforlife

Every welfare queen and like minded social/economic parasites are going to vote for this man.

God save the USA !!!

Really?

Sounds like he is pretty hell bent on disarming America. It's no secret he'd like to do the same to you and I individually as he is already on record as wanting to forbid gun shops to exist within a 15 mile radius of any school. Think about that. 15 miles. You'd be out of work.

I'm not sure what that clip as to do with guns.

I'm not saying Obama is any friend of gun owners. But he isn't vindictive about it and would be pushing uphill to do any harm. Hillary would expend the necessary political capital just because she wanted to.

As for limiting gun shops, that isn't a Federal issue. So he can want gun shop owners castrated but it wont happen.

No, Obama is a weak radical untested candidate. If the GOP had any credibility left they would be walking all over him. The only reason Obama will win (and I really think he will) is because the GOP screwed the pooch while in office and voters are in a foul mood.

• Administrator
The only reason Obama will win (and I really think he will) is because the GOP screwed the pooch while in office and voters are in a foul mood.

And by foul mood I would add that most GOP voters are going to stay home rather than cast a vote for McCain (RINO) or throw away their votes on a 3rd party.

Guest nj.piney

hillary is trying to make it impossible for obama to pick her for v.p. she can deny him the womens vote and the blue collar vote, causing him to lose to mc cain and setting herself up to run in 2012. my opinion.

Guest db99wj
Yea they've bickered at each other way more than they've tried to fight McCain. I don't see them as a likely ticket. I am very curious as to who McCain will pick though.

Mitt Romney???

hillary is trying to make it impossible for obama to pick her for v.p. she can deny him the womens vote and the blue collar vote, causing him to lose to mc cain and setting herself up to run in 2012. my opinion.

That's my guess. She is definitely not done.

Edited by db99wj
Guest ColdEspresso
The only thing I would fear is if he picks her as his VP for the ticket.--Mike

It would be political suicide for him to do that. She has too much baggage (Bill). It would be interesting of the GOP select Bobby Jindal with McCain after his strong presence at NRA this year.

Guest nj.piney

if obama picks hillary for vice he is going to need a food taster and she will probably recommend bill for the job.