New news on Libya. There was no delay according to officials.

They weren't going to send help. Obama had no intention to do that. He
never made the order to act, just sat
back and watched, if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my non-tin foilery, could it be possible that the CIA ops were told to stand down because they were working on getting help?

I just find it hard to believe that anyone could let those people die just because there was nothing better to watch on tv.
This story is just the beginning. If the truth hurts, bury it under bullsh!t. There will be a dozen conflicting stories and excuses, all designed to obfuscate the facts. There was an AC-130 Spectre and a drone overhead. There were combat air forces an hour out. There was a CIA station in town. There was ample prior warning, and several requests for security from the Benghazi mission. Obama was notified at the beginning of the attack, and he went to bed - needed to be well rested for the Vegas fundraiser the next morning. Doherty and Woods held out for what, 8 hours? More than enough time for an effective response.
I'm betting the only confusion was caused by intermediate level commanders ordering rescues and then getting slapped down by NCA.
  • Like 3
[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1351874592' post='837809']
In my non-tin foilery, could it be possible that the CIA ops were told to stand down because they were working on getting help?

[b]I just find it hard to believe that anyone could let those people die just because [/b]there was nothing better to watch on tv.
[/quote]

I agree. It will most likely come down to lack of a competent response, if it ever comes out at all. Right now, all we have is battling leaks, and the timeline from the "news" organizations.
[quote name='Mark@Sea' timestamp='1351878330' post='837861']
This story is just the beginning. If the truth hurts, bury it under bullsh!t. There will be a dozen conflicting stories and excuses, all designed to obfuscate the facts. There was an AC-130 Spectre and a drone overhead. There were combat air forces an hour out. There was a CIA station in town. There was ample prior warning, and several requests for security from the Benghazi mission. Obama was notified at the beginning of the attack, and he went to bed - needed to be well rested for the Vegas fundraiser the next morning. Doherty and Woods held out for what, 8 hours? More than enough time for an effective response.
I'm betting the only confusion was caused by intermediate level commanders ordering rescues and then getting slapped down by NCA.
[/quote]

This
  • Admin Team
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWqwnx0xuU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWqwnx0xuU[/url]

Don't forget the Christopher Stevens didn't die at some unknown point during the attack. He died of smoke inhalation on the way to the hospital after he was pulled out of the rubble by Libyans. Any competent response could have made a difference. The people in this video aren't people "protesting" and celebrating his death. These are friends...Libyans, who are rejoicing when they find him alive.

Their comments, roughly - "Allahu akbar he's alive" "He's alive!" "Move out of the way!" "Make way for him!" "He's alive, take him to my car."

The biggest problem is that this detracts from what the administration wants us to believe, namely that the "War on Terror" is over. That this president ended this wars. That the Ft. Hood massacre was an act of "workplace violence" not terrorism.

I get it that we have a population that wants to be done with this. None of us want to be at war. But, hopes and dreams don't bring change by themselves. Hard work does. There is one side that is clearly still committed to this fight. Refusing to recognize that will only come back to haunt us later. And, it fails to respect the 2,977 Americans who gave their lives on September 11, the 6,600+ American soldiers who have given their lives thus far, and the hundreds of thousands of Iraqi and Afghan citizens on whom this has had a major impact.
  • Like 1
The obvious question no media has asked:

Why would the ex-seals be painting a target with a laser? Only reasons if they had reason to believe that airpower or drones were nearby and they were taking with someone. Which means that help was on the scene but was not made available
  • Like 3
Laser story now making its way into the media:

"The presence of lasers raises more questions about why air support was not sent to Benghazi even protectively once it became clear that the fighting had followed the CIA rescue team back to the annex."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/04/what-laser-capability-did-benghazi-team-have/#ixzz2BHnfTu00
[quote name='Daniel' timestamp='1351831768' post='837611']
Sometimes you cannot get help. The situation isn't understood or communicated clearly. Sometimes help just doesnt get there in time. Men die.
[/quote]It doesn't get there when they aren't called. Men didn't have to die. The number one civilian let you guys down,
Daniel.
[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1352066846' post='839057']
It doesn't get there when they aren't called. Men didn't have to die. The number one civilian let you guys down,
Daniel.
[/quote]Number one turd. Or is that #2? Same thing either way. Edited by mcurrier