would/do you carry to a doctor appointment

Guest I_AM_WOOD

Guest I_AM_WOOD

I had to go to the doctor yesterday do to a bad sore throat. Upon arriving I did a quick check of the door for a no gun post nothing there so I took my LCP out of the IWB holster and stuck it in my pocket, removed and stashed the holster, and went on in. After leaving I got to thinking what would I have done If I was carry my Glock in the Mtac. I know concealment would have been blown when doc goes to listen to chest. Would you remove your firearm for a doctor visit? If not do you make the doctor/nurse aware before they see it?

Also unavoidable exposure when asked to drop pants for shot in the butt. Ouchhhh it still hurts!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I carry into my doctor's office. Usually I just go in for routine bloodwork or prescription refills.....so most of the time doc doesn't even touch me. If I think he'll have to listen to my chest or check me in some other way that would reveal my gun, I just take it off after the nurse takes me back into the exam room and put it in my purse......guess that wouldn't work for the guys though......unless you carry a 'murse' or a fanny pack! :):D

Normally I leave it in car locked up. But there was once when

I was running late for an appointment and there were some teenagers

hanging around where I parked talking and I couldn't take it out

and put up without being seen. So I carried it in with me.

(They were right next to the car.)

Started the office routine... nurse said take your shirt off

doc will be right in. Took off my shirt and wrapped it around my gun

and holster then set it down. Doc came in did his thing, then

asked me to move over to the other table to check my kidneys

or something and when I did he reached for my shirt and I frantically

went to grab it first saying "Oh that's okay I got it!" Hahaha! He just looked at me like "Weeeell ok, you move your shirt."

Thinking back it's pretty funny. I had only been carrying a couple of

years and I just had started seeing this doctor. Wasn't sure what his

reaction might have been. (Office isn't posted though.)

Guest I_AM_WOOD
Well, when I go for my prostate exam, I will carry. Me and the doctor will come to an understanding before the exam begins!

do you have any idea how bad it hurts to be laughing with strept throat!!:D

Guest EasilyObsessed

Im not too worried about it...but I go shooting with my doctor. My doctor also bought me my first handgun and raised me so.... :D We have been out shooting with several of his patients as well.

Try to find a doctor who was in the army at one point. Your chance of them being comfortable around firearms is significantly higher.

My father's fiance worked at a doctors office in Texas where one of the partners was mugged and shot while leaving the office one night. Never known where some low-life is going to pop up.

I will usually carry my P32,and never had any problems! Now when I go to Erlanger I carry my XD simply because you must park in a parking garage.

Well, when I go for my prostate exam, I will carry. Me and the doctor will come to an understanding before the exam begins!

What do yall discuss? Do you ask if his hands are clean,if he will rub them together to warm them first,or just which finger he will use :D

Guest db99wj
I will usually carry my P32,and never had any problems! Now when I go to Erlanger I carry my XD simply because you must park in a parking garage.

What do yall discuss? Do you ask if his hands are clean,if he will rub them together to warm them first,or just which finger he will use :)

Ground rules.:D

A man goes to a proctologist for his very first rectal exam. The doc tells him to wait in the examination room. Once inside, the man notices three items on the desk: a tube of K-Y Jelly, a rubber glove, and a beer.

When the doctor comes in, the man says, “Look, Doc, this is my first exam. I know what the K-Y is for, and I know what the glove is for … but what’s the beer doing there?â€

The doctor looks at the beer and turns red with anger. “Nurse,†he screams. “I said a butt light!â€

Guest Bronker

Not only do I brandish an XD all around 'my' doctor's office, but I brandish my doctor everywhere I go...

I am my own doctor.

My one partner carries as well, the other two don't carry, but are very cool with it. As are all of my staff.:chill:

I carry when I go. My doctor doesn't seem to mind, and if he did, I'd go elsewhere. He's never seen the gun, but he's seen the holster and spare mag.

I carry my briefcase when I go to the doctor (or anywhere I might have to take off the gun). If it's necessary to take the gun off, I go into an exam room, put it in the briefcase and just keep the briefcase with me at all times.

Guest canynracer
Not only do I brandish an XD all around 'my' doctor's office, but I brandish my doctor everywhere I go...

I am my own doctor.

My one partner carries as well, the other two don't carry, but are very cool with it. As are all of my staff.:panic:

please TELL me you are in Memphis area!!!

I've carried in my dr's office several times. one has a little 2"x2" international symbol but I always just go in the side door. The other dr I went to I told him before he started and he was completely cool with it. I just told him to remove the shock factor when I pulled it out of my waist.