Ambulance booted while paramedics treated someone

Sam1

I wasn't aware that a store employee could "boot" a vehicle.

Secondly, they should face criminal charges for doing that to an ambulance while they treated a patient.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/eyewitness/brendanmccarthy/Ambulance-gets-booted-while-tending-to-emergency-181631351.html
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That business at a minimal should be required to hang a sign about what they did for all their customers to see.

If there is any law that can be used against the business/employee it should be done.

I guess ambulance and firetrucks a wide berth.

I heard of a case where an officer gave an ambulance driver a ticket in Chattanooga for running a red light rushing a person to the hospital. I heard when it got in from of the judge he told the officer he didn't every want another ambulance drive in his court room, that one day they might be going to his house.

(I work with a person that was in the court room and I am sure my paraphrase was not a direct quote) Edited by vontar
Even with more to the story, placing a boot on an ambulance is just plain dumb/wrong/insert your own verb. Had the patient died from a preventable cause due to the delay I believe the person that did the booting would be on the hook for reckless homicide or similar charges.
[quote name='Gun Smith' timestamp='1354589725' post='854604']
I just have to believe there is more to this story that we are not being told ( or at least that's what I want to believe).
[/quote]

It said they have already fired the employee, so I'm thinking there's not much else to the story. Since it was a private business doing the boot, I am curious if the employees get a cut of the $ for every one they do
[quote name='vontar' timestamp='1354587634' post='854582']
I heard of a case where an officer gave an ambulance driver a ticket in Chattanooga for running a red light rushing a person to the hospital. I heard when it got in from of the judge he told the officer he didn't every want another ambulance drive in his court room, that one day they might be going to his house.

[/quote]
It was a nurse technician in his own vehicle rushing his wife to the hospital. A traffic camera showed the guy speeding through a intersection at a very dangerous speed and nearly striking the patrol car. The officer handled the situation fairly well from what I remember. It was obvious what was going on when they got to the ER. The Chief stood Firm behind the officer, it was dismissed and I don't remember anything else ever being said.
I heard the nurse was terminated because a lot of fiction was found in his story about what occurred. He stated the officer block the door and he didn't. He stated the officer pulled his gun, and he didn't. The officer didnt even give a ticket the night of the incident but later issued a warrant after the facts were evaluated. The guy was told to just turn himself in. He said there was no warrant when he went to the jail but know when remembered him coming in and asking. The Erlanger Police verified the warrant and arrested him when the time was right. Edited by Patton

[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1354667887' post='854994']
It was a emt or paramedic in his own vehicle rushing his wife to the hospital. A tdot camera showed the guy speeding through a intersection at a very dangerous speed.. The officer handled the situation fairly well from what I remember. It was obvious what was going on when they got to the ER. The Chief stood Firm behind the officer giving the ticket, it was dismissed and I don't remember anything else ever being said.
[/quote]
The guy wasn;t a medic. He was just rushing his wife to the hospital. He ran several red lights in the process and nearly creamed a cop (the one in question) at an intersection.

Either the mayor or chief apologized for the man's reckless driving :rolleyes:

[quote name='Patton' timestamp='1354667887' post='854994']
It was a emt or paramedic in his own vehicle rushing his wife to the hospital. A tdot camera showed the guy speeding through a intersection at a very dangerous speed.. The officer handled the situation fairly well from what I remember. It was obvious what was going on when they got to the ER. The Chief stood Firm behind the officer giving the ticket, it was dismissed and I don't remember anything else ever being said.
[/quote]

Actually the one I was referring to was back several years back and an officer followed an ambulance to the hospital and then wrote a ticket. Let me look and I will see if I can find it.

well, I can't find the one I was thinking of. I found the one you referred to and I know that is difference because it is much to recent. The one I am thinking of was order. Edited by vontar

[quote name='strickj' timestamp='1354668172' post='854995']

The guy wasn;t a medic. He was just rushing his wife to the hospital. He ran several red lights in the process and nearly creamed a cop (the one in question) at an intersection.

Either the mayor or chief apologized for the man's reckless driving :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I looked it up, it's been a couple of years ago. I updated the post.