Glock 17 and 19 get ambidextrous mag release

TGO David

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator

Perfection is evolutionary and St. Gaston is slow as hell to acknowledge that his babies need anything new. Sometimes the Kool Aid tastes a little bitter. ;)

If Glock would do away with the absurd hump on the backstrap and make it a modular design like the M&P or the HK P2000 / P30 / P2000 and others, they would really have something spectacular going on.

Guest Verbal Kint
I can order a dozen different holsters and night sights for my Glock today and have them in my hands tomorrow. How's that working out with the HK 45C so far?

DICK.

:D

:mad:

1. Mitch Rosen holster ordered... check.

2. Factory night sights (albeit gay crappy glow in the dark, ala plastic stars, material)... check.

3. No ditch-diving poster child fanboy... check.

Looks like my score is above yours at the moment. ;)

Guest Todd@CIS

If Glock would do away with the absurd hump on the backstrap and make it a modular design like the M&P or the HK P2000 / P30 / P2000 and others, they would really have something spectacular going on.

Amen, brother.

I'm an admitted Glockaphile, but come on Gaston, this needs to happen...and it would be soooo easy.

Guest Verbal Kint
Blah blah blah... I hear he also breathes air. I'm not going to give that up just because of association. ;)

Your previous comment, before the edit, was better. ;)

Guest sling
That's why God invented the XD Series.

Bah hahaha hahahah ha aahhhh hahahahahah!

No.

;)

Maybe they should get rid of that stupid backstrap safety....how bout them apples. ;)

• Administrator
Tungsten will have a G34 before the end of summer.

Nah. I'm thinking about an M&P 9L or 9 Pro. The Glock is just fine as a utility item, but I'm not so enamored with it that I'm going to rush out and buy the long slide version just yet. Maybe one day, just not anytime real soon.

Guest HunterH
change grip angle, stock ambi mag release,........ i think they called it the XD, M&P,.......

I now own one of each, (m&P, XD, and glock) will report back on who is the grand champion striker fire. It will be a close battle.

• Administrator
I now own one of each, (m&P, XD, and glock) will report back on who is the grand champion striker fire. It will be a close battle.

I've owned them all. Presently own the XD and the Glock and will be adding at least one M&P to the mix soon. I can tell you which one I will carry daily and bet my life on: Glock

I was not kind and gentle to my Glock 19 this past weekend. I ran it dry and dirty. I ran it with mags full of dirt. I ran it with ammo caked with mud. I ran it in the rain and I ran it in the hot, sticky humidity. Not one single solitary failure to feed or fire. Not one. It's the AK-47 of the handgun world.

My XD never jammed but it had several failures to feed because of dirty magazines. Rinsing them out with water from a spigot got the gun back into the fight, but the XD is clearly more suceptible to failure because of dirty magazines. The Glock just didn't care. I had it throw mud back at me once after ramming in a dirty magazine and going back to firing!

I've not had the chance to abuse the M&P yet but I understand from someone who has that it functioned similarly to the Glock. If that's the case then the M&P may be the next evolutionary step beyond the Glock in terms of combat durability and ergonomics.

I will have to pick up an M&P 9mm soon and find out. I'm tired of babying my guns. I have one Safe Queen. It's the only one I anticipate having. The rest are going to be put through the wringer.

It's the AK-47 of the handgun world.

In my opinion... that is pretty much the best description of

a Glock I have ever read.

I turned my nose up at them for years, while declining offers

to even fire them. (Ahhhh... youth.) After shooting a few different

models, and seeing other first time shooters with them... I have

"seen the light".

Hope to pick up a couple of used ones before long.