Put panic buying money into NRA

I urge everyone out there rushing to buy all the guns, mags, and ammo their credit cards will hold, to consider putting it toward the NRA (or other 2A group if you wish).  When they are ringing you up at the register think about which is more important. 

Image if half of the money spent in a panic this weekend went to the NRA, what our community can accomplish.

[B]This is not over yet, we have not lost. Put your money into the fight instead of preparing for defeat.[/B]

• Like 2
[quote name='Tennjed' timestamp='1355977821' post='864012']I urge everyone out there rushing to buy all the guns, mags, and ammo their credit cards will hold, to consider putting it toward the NRA (or other 2A group if you wish).  When they are ringing you up at the register think about which is more important.    Image if half of the money spent in a panic this weekend went to the NRA, what our community can accomplish.   [B]This is not over yet, we have not lost. Put your money into the fight instead of preparing for defeat.[/B][/quote] A lot of people are concerned that they aren't going to fight. I'm one of them. Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
I joined yesterday and purchased a membership for a friend as a Christmas gift. The NRA stated to fox news that they have been gaining 8000 members a day since the recent tragedy. That's the biggest increase they have ever seen.

What's the NRA gonna do when the Ban takes place?  NRA gonna buy you 30 round mags? 

I appreciate what they have done & what they will continue to do.  I don't think the NRA will be able to hold a candle to what I think is about to come ...

• Like 1
What's the NRA gonna do when the Ban takes place?  NRA gonna buy you 30 round mags? 

I appreciate what they have done & what they will continue to do.  I don't think the NRA will be able to hold a candle to what I think is about to come ...

If their membership greatly increases it may get the attention of some politicians on a local level.
  • Like 1

But if we don't help the NRA, they can't help us, and WE are the NRA.  We all have to stick together and if everyone would simply send $5 it would make a big difference.

• Like 2
If 1/3 if the money spent in panic buying since Friday was donated to the NRA I believe it would get the attention of the politicians. I also hope all the companies making bankroll off of this buying spree will consider putting some of that money into the NRA (or similar groups)
But if we don't help the NRA, they can't help us, and WE are the NRA.  We all have to stick together and if everyone would simply send $5 it would make a big difference.

Trust me ... The NRA has more money, then they know what to do with ...

If 1/3 if the money spent in panic buying since Friday was donated to the NRA I believe it would get the attention of the politicians. I also hope all the companies making bankroll off of this buying spree will consider putting some of that money into the NRA (or similar groups)

And that 1/3 in money could have been better spent buying 30rd mags should they get banned.

When crap like this happens ... Its God, Family, and Myself over anything.  I take care of those 3 things first before ever thinking about sending money to a political unit. 

• Like 1

I'd urge people to instead of donating money to the NRA look at these two great organizations:

GOA - http://gunowners.org/

They have a no compromise approach to gun control, and have a very strong track record of defending gun owners. Membership is just $20 a year

SAF - http://www.saf.org/

Second Amendment Foundation - They have brought us the victories in court of Heller, McDonald and the current IL appeals court victory on the right to bear arms.  If a ban is passed, it will be this organization not the NRA fighting it in court.  Membership is just $15 a year.

As I said in another thread; if we value any of the infringed 2A rights we have left we had better find a way to ban together and stop eating ourselves.

Not joining the NRA because it isn't a perfect organization is an excuse that needs to be put aside...not only should we join the NRA but we had better join every pro 2A organization we can find AND contribute money to their PACs because THAT is where the dollars are needed for the battle that's coming.

Sit this one out and don't join because they once did something you didn't like and you'll wake up one day and all you'll have left is your bolt-action 22LR or maybe even just a BB gun (just don't shoot your eye out).

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 1
I'd urge people to instead of donating money to the NRA look at these two great organizations:

GOA - http://gunowners.org/

They have a no compromise approach to gun control, and have a very strong track record of defending gun owners. Membership is just $20 a year

SAF - http://www.saf.org/

Second Amendment Foundation - They have brought us the victories in court of Heller, McDonald and the current IL appeals court victory on the right to bear arms.  If a ban is passed, it will be this organization not the NRA fighting it in court.  Membership is just $15 a year.

Also, the Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership by Aaron Zellman

• Like 1
  • Moderators
I urge everyone out there rushing to buy all the guns, mags, and ammo their credit cards will hold, to consider putting it toward the NRA (or other 2A group if you wish).  When they are ringing you up at the register think about which is more important. 

Image if half of the money spent in a panic this weekend went to the NRA, what our community can accomplish.

This is not over yet, we have not lost. Put your money into the fight instead of preparing for defeat.

If half the money spent in a panic this weekend went to anything, it would be a very large amount of money. However, consider the following for a second. Under which of the following scenarios do you believe the NRA would gain more money (profits).

Scenario 1: Total restoration of gun rights. NFA eliminated. Constitutional carry eliminated everywhere. SCOTUS backed all of this.

Scenario 2: Moderate gun control with impending further restriction. Occasional "wins" and occasional "losses" (compromises).

All I am saying, a profit organization such as the NRA "loses" if gun rights are completely restored in every possible way. Just something to keep in mind.

• Like 1
All I am saying, a profit organization such as the NRA "loses" if gun rights are completely restored in every possible way. Just something to keep in mind.

This is not the first time I'm read this - where is this misinformation coming from?

The NRA is a 501c(3) non-profit organization; if people don't like the NRA fine, but how about at least getting basic facts correct.

Edited by RobertNashville
  • Moderators
The NRA is a 501c(3) non-profit organization; if people don't like the NRA fine, but how about at least getting basic facts correct.

On paper they are non-profit. However, their leaders receive a salary (like practically all non-profit organizations). I am not discreditng the NRA, but simply asking people to think about a few things they might not have thought about. The question I am asking is this, "Does the NRA truly want to see all gun rights restored to their constitutional level?".  The NRA certainly isn't the only group that I am concerned about, just the largest. I joined the GOA at the first of the week, and am right now rejoining the NRA today as I just got a pocket full of change!

I just don't want people to put all their 2nd Amendment loving faith into the NRA.

On paper they are non-profit. However, their leaders receive a salary (like practically all non-profit organizations). I am not discreditng the NRA, but simply asking people to think about a few things they might not have thought about. The question I am asking is this, "Does the NRA truly want to see all gun rights restored to their constitutional level?".  The NRA certainly isn't the only group that I am concerned about, just the largest. I joined the GOA at the first of the week, and am right now rejoining the NRA today as I just got a pocket full of change!

I just don't want people to put all their 2nd Amendment loving faith into the NRA.

I don't put faith in any organization run by man or any man for that matter. ;)

But even if I did, not really about faith...it's about showing solidarity and strength as well as supporting this (and other organizations) that actually have wields some power among those who WILL make these decisions (because we don't get the make the decisions; the people we've sent to DC will).

I'm looking at buying a few things. I wouldn't call it panic buying because I'm not going to give some of the prices I've been seeing. If I see a decent deal I'll jump on it. Deals are still out there if you look around hard enough.

I'm also prepared to send the NRA a sizable check but I'm going to wait and see what they are going to do. A news conference is sceduled for tomorrow.

I'm a life member but I don't agree with everything the NRA does, it is the best voice we have though. Even the liberals will admit they are the most powerful lobby out there.