Will NFA items be included in a ban?

Even though the government knows where those guns are, with them becoming worthless overnight, that's good

fodder for consideration. I would say yes, they would be banned and all those weapons would be the first sacrificial

lambs in a gun grab, but I still say there won't be one. It would be a shame with what the registry did for a simple

machine anyone could make in a machine shop, that one more investment tool would be gone.

They know exactly where those NFA items are. It would be much more difficult to grab several hundred million non-

NFA weapons, logistically speaking. The government has the NFA crowd under a certain level of control, but, you

know government, always wanting more.

They were not included because they are already "banned". You cannot build new machine guns. You can build new SBRs , SBS and suppressors,and AOWs but as far as MGs go they are in effect already "banned" from further production for civiian consumption. 

The new ban (if Feinstein gets her way) will END ALL FUTURE PRODUCTION for civilians of guns that will take ALL existing hicap mags. Any new mag fed guns will have to be build in such a way that the old mags won't work in them. Everything going forward will only be able to use 10 rd mags....this does not need to pass.  

We ALL need to call and write senators and congressmen and make sure they do not let an emotional knee jerk reaction bring an end to freedom that generations have fought and died for!

And that's one thing that needs to change. Get rid of the prototype of a new AWB by killing the NFA, dead! Even

if those machine guns drop a little of their value, we will all be better off for it.

There is no need for an exclusive club like the NFA.

And that's one thing that needs to change. Get rid of the prototype of a new AWB by killing the NFA, dead! Even

if those machine guns drop a little of their value, we will all be better off for it.

There is no need for an exclusive club like the NFA.

Do I understand you correctly?

Are you really proposing to throw those who own guns classified as, and regulated under the NFA under the bus to draw attention away from your own?

It's that same bullshit attitude by people like Bill Ruger that helped the AWB get passed the first time.

The thinking that "well, we will let them hammer/ban XYZ, and that won't affect me and my guns" is a very slippery slope.

Give the Feds an inch, and they will take a mile.

Let a AWB bill gain momentum, and even if version 2.0 doesn't take away YOUR guns this time, the 3.0 version may.

If you are any sort of pro-2A/Pro-"ITS MY RIGHT TO OWN GUNS" supporter, you would see that throwing ANY of our kind to the wolves in attempt to save your own ass (guns) is shady and dishonorable at best.

Edited by BimmerFreak
  • Like 1

I think what he meant was to UNDO the NFA and return to pre 1934 laws where there was no NFA and no restrictions on buying MGs.

Good luck with that. Too many people have too much money invested in NFA stuff for there to be much support for undoing the National Firearms Act, allowing newly produced MGs to be bought and the price of their registered transferable MGs plummeting...... and even if folks were willing to take the financial hit, the general public would never go along with anyone and everyone who can afford a glock and pass a background check being able to buy a machinegun and take it home the same day.....  

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke
Do I understand you correctly?

Are you really proposing to throw those who own guns classified as, and regulated under the NFA under the bus to draw attention away from your own?

It's that same bullshit attitude by people like Bill Ruger that helped the AWB get passed the first time.

The thinking that "well, we will let them hammer/ban XYZ, and that won't affect me and my guns" is a very slippery slope.

Give the Feds an inch, and they will take a mile.

Let a AWB bill gain momentum, and even if version 2.0 doesn't take away YOUR guns this time, the 3.0 version may.

If you are any sort of pro-2A/Pro-"ITS MY RIGHT TO OWN GUNS" supporter, you would see that throwing ANY of our kind to the wolves in attempt to save your own ass (guns) is shady and dishonorable at best.

Not at all. The only thing I am saying is to repeal several gun laws, mainly the NFA. That group is already effectively

controlled and could easily be rounded up first. There is no evidence, and never was, and statistics bear me out on it,

that the National Firearms Act reduced crime and you know it.

I don't think that is throwing anyone under the bus. That's just restoring rights without restrictions.

I think what he meant was to UNDO the NFA and return to pre 1934 laws where there was no NFA and no restrictions on buying MGs.

Good luck with that. Too many people have too much money invested in NFA stuff for there to be much support for undoing the National Firearms Act, allowing newly produced MGs to be bought and the price of their registered transferable MGs plummeting...... and even if folks were willing to take the financial hit, the general public would never go along with anyone and everyone who can afford a glock and pass a background check being able to buy a machinegun and take it home the same day.....  

I agree with you about "good luck with that", but it shouldn't be there, just the same. A problem with the process of

undoing it would definitely cause a huge financial hit on the people who paid ten to fifty thousand dollars for the

privilege of a machine gun, but the money angle doesn't make the law right. I don't want anyone to lose money on

anything, but I do want the 2nd restored, and the NFA is a big roadblock.

Not at all. The only thing I am saying is to repeal several gun laws, mainly the NFA. That group is already effectively

controlled and could easily be rounded up first. There is no evidence, and never was, and statistics bear me out on it,

that the National Firearms Act reduced crime and you know it.

I don't think that is throwing anyone under the bus. That's just restoring rights without restrictions.

Thanks for the clarification.  

That is not the message I got from your post #3 and #6

I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but there was no reason or logic when any of the gun laws on the books became law.

All it did was create another barrier in the name of a tax stamp, and perform a vital function known as a registry.

And I can't, for my life, understand why sane people wouldn't want to fight that linchpin that will eventually cause

all our weapons to go down the tube, if it ever gets that far. The registry is already there. That's the problem.

[quote name='6.8 AR' timestamp='1356230713' post='866633']Not without the law to readdress it. Wasn't that $200 amount in the original law, supposedly to make it so expensive to buy them?[/quote] Exactly why I think it will go up with any new legislation. NFA is a pretty small niche in the gun community, and I bet it will be pretty difficult politically to fight a tax on Machineguns. It's an easy symbolic win for the antis so they can think they "did something" If you want an NFA item now is the time To submit. I can only imagine we'll be looking at a 9-12 month backlog very soon.

Hell, they've already proposed what I would like to kill. Shoveling all weapons into a registry is the next logical

step. I don't see how killing the NFA would hurt a thing. In the end your machine gun will get scrapped just like my

scary AR, or Ruger, or Smith, or whatever.

All this stuff proves is that once you compromise your principles and let someone "rule" you, something else will

be added on just a little bit later, until there's nothing left except a ball and chain.

If the NRA and the house Republicans cave, you won't have any choice, anyway. Just a matter of time.

Hell, they've already proposed what I would like to kill. Shoveling all weapons into a registry is the next logical

step. I don't see how killing the NFA would hurt a thing. In the end your machine gun will get scrapped just like my

scary AR, or Ruger, or Smith, or whatever.

All this stuff proves is that once you compromise your principles and let someone "rule" you, something else will

be added on just a little bit later, until there's nothing left except a ball and chain.

If the NRA and the house Republicans cave, you won't have any choice, anyway. Just a matter of time.

This is exactly what Dianne Feinstein is proposing:

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

• Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:
    • 120 specifically-named firearms
    • Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic
    • Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds
  • Strengthens the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban and various state bans by:
  • Moving from a 2-characteristic test to a 1-characteristic test
  • Eliminating the easy-to-remove bayonet mounts and flash suppressors from the characteristics test
  • Banning firearms with “thumbhole stocks” and “bullet buttons” to address attempts to “work around” prior bans
  • Bans large-capacity ammunition feeding devices capable of accepting more than 10 rounds. 
  • Grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment
  • Exempting over 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting or sporting purposes and
  • Exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons
  • Requires that grandfathered weapons be registered under the National Firearms Act, to include:
  • Background check of owner and any transferee;
  • Type and serial number of the firearm;
  • Positive identification, including photograph and fingerprint;
  • Certification from local law enforcement of identity and that possession would not violate State or local law; and
  • Dedicated funding for ATF to implement registration

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

I'm glad she is a Senator. If she was in the House, along with a Pelosi Speaker, our cause would already have been lost.

Thanks, that what I was referring to.

• 4 weeks later...

Feinstein's bill will never pass as written. A bunch of dems wouldn't even vote for it.

Now there are a bunch of parts of the bill that could very well pass but the "AW" registration part is one of the things that wouldn't pass.

Me personally, i think the NFA should regulate machine guns only by registration as it is now but allow newly manufactured ones to be owned by civilians. NFA should also regulate DDs such as explosives but SBRs and SBSs and AOWs and suppressors should not be regulated.

When you allow registration for any weapon, you are only waiting in line for confiscation. The NFA is the problem that will get all

firearms if it allowed to continue.

For those who wish to make an argument that the value of machine guns will drop drastically have become themselves cronies and

will see their values drop to zero when it causes all weapons, once registered, to get confiscated. you are the ones who should be

leading the fight to get rid of it, but I guess you were bought off. Inconsistency in the laws is what ends up causing the most problem.

Just like Jews walking into Dachau towards their death, you will lead the way, also.

Someone please make me an argument that convinces me otherwise.