Where are my cigar smokers?

Guest CigarGuy

Guest CigarGuy
New guy here, so wanted to get to know ya a little better. Do know a whole lot
more about cigars then guns, so, will continue to learn from you about guns, but
who likes an occasional, or regular, cigar?
Guest bkelm18

Cigar smoker here. My preferred "everyday smoke" are the house blends from Cigar.com. Great value. Or Flor de Oliva. When I feel like a more premium cigar I go for a Nub by Oliva, a Cusano 18, or a 5 Vegas Series 'A'.

I've taken up the occasional one.  Love to have several on hand when camping!  Thinking about taking up a pipe again.  I want a long stemmed pipe.  I've heard the taste is totally different.

Edited by Moped
Guest CigarGuy
Sheesh! I go away for a couple minutes and BAM 4 responses. Quite an active board you got going here! Sitting on the back porch, stocking cap, small heater on as it close to 60 degrees today. I have a humi(or two) pretty full so just grabbed something. It's a Torano Exodus 1959(the black band). Getting ready to fire up a cigar that I got at the trade show this past August. Has a plain, white band on it that says "RP Private Reserve" on it. Rocky Patel, I suspect?! Don't know if this blend made it into their regular line?
Yeah some of you guys are waayy more into it than i am. I just smoke stuff thats cheap (ish) and taste good to me. Ive smoked a few good cigars, and a lot of cubans when I was in Japan. But now its mostly cigarettes with a cigar on a rare occasions
  • Like 1
Guest CigarGuy
Funny, in that it's my experience that many cigar smokers are gun owners, too. At any given time in the smoke shop I frequent, I'm guessing half are carrying.

I started smoking the occasional cigar a few years ago, but discovered that I like the taste and smell of a pipe a whole lot more. Plus, my wife would run for the hills when I had a cigar, but she actually enjoys the smell of my pipe. So, now I smoke a cigar every once in a while, but smoke the pipe several times a week.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="CigarGuy" data-cid="867151" data-time="1356291546"><p>
Sounds like, so far, no one is a somewhat patron of a local cigar shop?</p></blockquote>

Nope. I order what I want online. Used to hit the cigar shop in Okinawa once a month but that was 4 + years ago.
Guest bkelm18
I mainly purchase from Cigar.com but occasionally go to Silo Cigars in Farragut. Leaf and Ale in Knoxville used to be my main brick and mortar but they closed up.
Guest CigarGuy
Not trying to be argumentative here, but that means you order all your sidearms on line too? Don't get me wrong; I understand the convenience and cost saving of ordering on line. But, If you don't support the local brick and mortar, it won't be there in the future.

Torano Exodus 1959 is a bit out of my price range, but I love 'em.  My humidor contains primarily Black Pearl, a great value in cigars.

I buy on-line too - there are no cigar stores where I live.  Heck - I get the Saturday night Opry on Tuesdays.

Edited by enfield
Just finished a CAO La Traviata. Got to meet Ricky Rodriguez the other night here in Knoxville at the Smoke Pit in Halls. Very nice guy and very informative. Smoked his new Concert cigar at the show and really enjoyed it. I have never ordered cigars on line. Proabably cheaper but I like too inspect them before buying. Welcome to the forum CigarGuy.
Guest CigarGuy
[quote name="MattCary" post="867185" timestamp="1356293944"]That Turano you mentioned sounds nice... my favorite is the Turano Virtuoso.[/quote] That's a good one too! Think I like the Vault, though, from their line.
Guest CigarGuy
[quote name="runningfree" post="867186" timestamp="1356294361"]Just finished a CAO La Traviata. Got to meet Ricky Rodriguez the other night here in Knoxville at the Smoke Pit in Halls. Very nice guy and very informative. Smoked his new Concert cigar at the show and really enjoyed it. I have never ordered cigars on line. Proabably cheaper but I like too inspect them before buying. Welcome to the forum CigarGuy.[/quote] Actually know Rick. He's from the Cigar City, here, Tampa. One heck(don't know if I can swear) of a guy. He was the General Cigar Rep back in the "day" when I worked in a shop here in Clearwater. He was in charge of the La Gloria Cubana line for a while until they folded CAO into their lines. That's right. CAO was based out of TN.