what is on your adult beverage menu for the evening?

You need to share with your friends

LOL one of the few perks I get. If you were nearer I would be happy to share.

It is possible I may be driving to Nashville in the next few weeks to pick up some booze. we are picking up a new label of value type liquors and I may be the chosen one to do the pick up.

Bill is your shop anywhere near Great Circle Rd.?

Guest Halfpint

Guinness Stout last night, Jameson's Irish whiskey tonight. At some point I'll wind up finishing some terrible vanilla vodka, but I keep putting it off.

LOL one of the few perks I get. If you were nearer I would be happy to share.

It is possible I may be driving to Nashville in the next few weeks to pick up some booze. we are picking up a new label of value type liquors and I may be the chosen one to do the pick up.

Bill is your shop anywhere near Great Circle Rd.?

I'm not sure. You could mapquest both I guess. I would certainly welcome your presence, with or without booze.

Drank some Ezra Brooks 90 last night. Not bad at all.

Guest GT_Rat
GT you need to expand your horizons

It's good and it's inexpensive. It's not the only thing I drink though. I like Guinness from time to time along with Stella Artios and I've drank many other beers, those are just some current favorites. Just so you know I'm not exclusively a beer man I drank half a bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi wine last night as well. I have a bottle of Gentleman Jack, Jose Cuervo Tequila, and some Jim Beam under the counter as well. My horizons are plenty broad. :rolleyes:

Two pieces of ice that have been run through some water + an ounce or so of Appleton VX rum in a very bottom-heavy glass tumbler...

appleton-vx-blended-rum-thumb.jpg

Don't drink very much at all, but once every couple of months you just have one of those days where nothing else tastes better while sitting in a quiet room with little else to worry about for a while.

Well, what does one do when he runs into a closeout special of $1.69 on 9 limes? One buys them, of course and then goes by the beer aisle and picks up a 12 pack of Steel Reserve lager.

Only problem is one lime will take care of eight beers. So I need 72 beers to match the limes. It's going to be a bumpy night. :ugh:

Well, what does one do when he runs into a closeout special of $1.69 on 9 limes? One buys them, of course and then goes by the beer aisle and picks up a 12 pack of Steel Reserve lager.

Only problem is one lime will take care of eight beers. So I need 72 beers to match the limes. It's going to be a bumpy night. :ugh:

Steel Reserve?

Did your tastebuds get napalmed in the war?

I won't even drink that stuff (unless it's free of course)

my beer tastes run fairly low-brow. But I see no scenario that would involve drinking Steel Reserve. Maybe if you paid me to drink it, and that pay was over 2.50 a bottle.

Me too.

Pabst Blue Ribbon is my favorite. I did pick up a 12 of Strohs recently. It was Ok. Nothing to write home about.

Stick it deep in the fridge, serve in a frosted glass, and all of them taste OK. Especially after the 3rd one.

Pabst Blue Ribbon #*^* Heineken There somebody had to say it.

I guess when the legal age was 18 and you coul get served if you

looked 16 you never forget your first love. As with any beer it

Gotta be ice cold.

Guest GT_Rat

Only problem is one lime will take care of eight beers. So I need 72 beers to match the limes. It's going to be a bumpy night. :D

Sorry, the only thing that goes with limes is Tequila. And that's only if you're too much of a weenie to drink it (the Tequila) straight. A bartender once told me that salt and lime were training wheels for drinking Tequila. I just started drinking it straight and chasing it with Guinness.

Actually, I like the beer with lemon and salt. First beer I had like that was in the restaurant of the Mexican Pavilion at the 1982 World's Fain in Knoxville.

But the limes were on sale.

When I lived in Raleigh, back in the 70s, My friend Jack Daniels (yes that was his real name) and I got a gallon of moonshine and big bottle of tequila. We alternated beverage shots until we passed out. I couldn't drink tequila for years after that.

Guest tokarev

Well. As I work nights, my day is about 12 hours off from the rest of you "normal" folk. That means that it's about 10 o'clock at night for me. So! My drink at this time is some "Honey Moon" summer ale. From the same people that make regular "Blue Moon" wheat ale. I've got some PBR in the fridge for visitors that drop by with out thier own beverages and ask if I've got any beer. Hah! (not that I don't grab a couple PBR's myself, occasionally)