Need for speed?

wareagle

Guys,

Ive met two TGO members within last few days and wasreminded that a lot of us came over from the speed forum.

My other pass time is spent in a modded Mazdaspeed Miata that's well setup for the twisties but has enough engine to surprise folks. ;)

7174338217_4f396292ea_b.jpg
Just wondering who is a speed freak and what you're into?

Mark

Edited by wareagle

My first fast vehicle was a 2005 GMC pickup truck. Duramax diesel, Intake, exhuast, nitrous, EFI live. 613 whp, 1000+ ft lbs of tq. 12 second 1/4 miles clicked off in 4 wheel drive at 7300 lbs

Washedtruck007.jpg

Washedtruck010.jpg

trucknight007.jpg

Newtruckpics026.jpg

Truckvsstang-1.jpg

truckrun-2.jpg

My second toy was a 2004 Subaru WRX wagon. Bigger Turbo, injectors, major tuning, coilovers, clutch, Hoosier road race slicks, lots of suspension and chassis braces. 320 whp, would destroy most cars in the twistiest roads and more than held its own on the straights.

Newpicsfromcali029.jpg

Newpicsfromcali032.jpg

Newpicsfromcali037.jpg

And it got dirty on the weekends

Soggylake019.jpg

Soggylake024.jpg

Soggylake014.jpg

Soggylake011.jpg

Those toys have been sold, and I'm currently on a semi hunt. As soon as I get in a better position financially I wanna build an old 4 speed muscle car, if I can find something that isn't ungodly expensive.

Pretty much always have been into speed.  Mostly motorcycles, but I have a couple of Miatas too.  I really don't enjoy the cars like I do the bikes but I love outrunning $100k cars in the twisties.  Fastest thing I've ever owned is a GSXR1000 which I'm trying to sell now since it makes me irresponsible.  180 Hp and 440 lbs.  It will hit 100 before you can blink, and does not even think about slowing down at that point.  That bike is nuts.

cbr_zps2e3103b2.jpg

Sometimes it doesn't have to be fast in a straight line to still be lots of fun.

fiddy_zps300750f1.jpg

Someone please buy this!

AND_2196.jpg

Edited by 10-Ring

Was an 02 Lexus IS with a completely built motor from the ground up. Forged pistons, ported and polished head, cams, methanol, nitrous, turbo, custom intake manifold, oil and transmission coolers, built transmission, custom standalone ems, 1200cc injectors, suspension mods out the rear, shaved engine bay, . Had it built for 1200rwhp but never ran it at that.

1212xyt.jpg

6rt30l.jpg

Edited by Il Duce

Very nice toys in this thread.  I don't have a lot to contribute...

08 Chevy Cobalt XFE

Mostly modded for high mpg she averages a combined city/hwy of 44.3 mpg, but with the suspension done she also corners like a Lotus.

_DSC0183.jpg

Also pictured is my Chief Mechanic.

Edited by Will H