BOOM. White House May Back Armed Guards in Schools

The trouble with federal funding on this is it is only available with strings attached. Federalizing the school further.

No thanks. It should be up to the individual school systems, based on their local situation. No more federal funding.

It's another teet to suck off of.

The trouble with federal funding on this is it is only available with strings attached. Federalizing the school further.

No thanks. It should be up to the individual school systems, based on their local situation. No more federal funding.

It's another teet to suck off of.

I agree. That's another battle to be fought. I just like the way things are shaping up. They're starting to fall in line with the NRA's position in a number of ways. Guards in schools, strengthen enforcement, etc. Of course they're gonna try to grow the government. It's what they do. I would much rather deal with that than the full retard mode they've been in.

Edited by mikegideon

There is no fortification needed. The local schools can deal with this with little or no cost to the taxpayer. Rotating schedules

for cops, volunteers or retraining resource officers from existing school employees. Just not necessary.

They don't want to give up the gun free zone thing. They would rather the killings keep on before that happens.

Edited by 6.8 AR

What they(liberals) are doing, anyway, is repositioning the argument by sliding in supposed compromises to soften up the

competition. The opposition had better not fall for it.

It's what they do to get what they want, ultimately.

Obama just signed a new order given his wife life time protection and his kids protection until they are 16. I guess this means they will have armed guards at their school. Why not allow the same protection to all schools.

Obama just signed a new order given his wife life time protection and his kids protection until they are 16. I guess this means they will have armed guards at their school. Why not allow the same protection to all schools.

Because his kids are more important than ours...

• Like 1

His kids already have Secret Service details, nothing new there.

What did he do while I was under a car? Sign an EO? Again?

If so, he must think he has that monarchy/dictator thing in the bag.

Whenever one of these people say something halfway sensible, it's a clue.  It may look like they're giving you a gift, but you'd better watch their other hand very closely!

I had a good response typed when the server puked up another hairball :). It's gone now.

• Like 1

The federal funding thing is the part called extortion. The sad part is that they have no business, to begin with, in our

public systems. That's one of the main reasons our kids are so screwed up. But that would mean I would have to write

a damned book to cover that issue. Funding is bad enough. :D

I had a good response typed when the server puked up another hairball :). It's gone now.

Been there.  Select all and copy every now and then when you're typing a long one.  I get screwed on my Android tablet fairly often in the evenings doing that.  It doesn't like the TGO typing window very much for some reason.

Edited by mcurrier

Been there.  Select all and copy every now and then when you're typing a long one.  I get screwed on my Android tablet fairly often in the evenings doing that.  It doesn't like the TGO typing window very much for some reason.

I tried. Wasn't that long. I just wasn't going to do a screen capture and retype.

Barbara Boxer of all people! :)

http://hotair.com/archives/2013/01/11/white-house-may-back-armed-guards-in-schools-after-all/

It's awful funny, When a liberal brings it up, it's wonderful, dynamic,forward thinking,

brilliant, common scene, main stream...............(Schumer 93, Boxer last year, Fienstine,)

But when the NRA, or a Conservative brings it up, it's radical, out of the main stream, 

stupid, idiotic. Politicians are worse than little kids on the play ground.

What the heck are they smoking in Washington?

This bunch has got to go, They are brain dead!