guys like this....

reed1285

Kelley described himself as a firm believer in Second Amendment rights and said he decided to bring the guns to the store to demonstrate that they are not dangerous in the hands of law-abiding citizens.

You were muzzle sweeping people while you were standing in line at a store. Not only is that ignorant; it’s dangerous. They may be safe in the hands of law abiding citizen’s; but obviously not yours. Try not to help until you get a clue.

1) "I felt no negative vibes from anyone," Kelley said. "I think it went rather surprisingly well."

i suppose he can say this since "felt" and "think" are brain functions and it appears he is not using his. it seems to me these kinds of publicity stunts do nothing but harm our cause and give anti gunners more "ammo" to use against us. guys like this dont seem to think about the people who are fence sitters on guns issues and the impact this can have on their support for or against us. after all what good is an unloaded ar 15 other than to freighten the sheeple.

2) "he decided to bring the guns to the store to demonstrate that they are not dangerous in the hands of law-abiding citizens"

i suppose i can understand and agree with the idea that as gun owners we need to start reintroducing the fact guns are not the problem people are. however in light of resent events packing unloaded ar 15's in j c penny is not the way to go about it. he could have just carried the pistol and made the point in a more contructive way. as gun owners we have let the liberals controll the dialog for too long but to rejoin in this manner is self defeating. we need to be smart as the liberals have been smart. we need to fight the good fight but also the smart fight

Their are certain areas of the city at certain times when and where I wouldn't go unless I had an AR but It wouldn't be in the center of yuppyville like this guy. With that said I Open carry a lot for the simple reason that Im a skinny guy and my .45 just cant be hidden on my person, and still easily accessible in the majority of my cloths accept for right now when it is cold, my jacket covers it most of the time. Otherwise putting a T shirt over it helps None . and truly I would rather see someone Open carry a handgun than unsuccessfully try to hide it . 

Edited by plank white

part of me wants them to lose the right.

If he is doing NOTHING illegal what is the problem and why would you say shit like that? It's THAT mentality that is hurting the cause not the LEGAL actions of someone trying to make a valid point.

To quote James Yeager you sir are a "2nd Amendment fairy weather pussy"

If he is doing NOTHING illegal what is the problem and why would you say shit like that? It's THAT mentality that is hurting the cause not the LEGAL actions of someone trying to make a valid point.

To quote James Yeager you sir are a "2nd Amendment fairy weather pussy"

Are you familiar with Leonard Embody? Just because one can do something doesn't always mean that one should.

And I believe calling another TGO member a name is against TOS.

So, lighten up, Francis.

Edited by daddyo
  • Like 1

Not a good thing.. unless you are in uniform.

With the events that's happen in the last few years.. even if you have the right, it will upset many people in public.

I've always had the view to keep a firearm undercover unless needed. I only carry open while out and about, hunting, etc.

I think open carry puts things "in their face"... as if to say... "yeah, I have the right, so "F" you!".

Some may view this as..."look at me, I'm a bad as*!"... and some may try to see if you'll use it, or back down!

I believe open carry in public hurts us, more than it helps!

Are you familiar with Leonard Embody? Just because one can do something doesn't always mean that one should.

And I believe calling another TGO member a name is against TOS.

So, lighten up, Francis.

I apologize sir.....the "take his right away" comment got to me a little.
The hand-wringers & bed-wetters have already won if we refuse to publically excersize our 2nd Amendment out of fear of their fear.

I say enough is enough with the "we must walk on egg-shells" mentality, it hasn't done us any good so far, so maybe it is time to try something different.
  • Like 1
[quote name="RichardR" post="889919" timestamp="1358633568"] I say enough is enough with the "we must walk on egg-shells" mentality, [b]it hasn't done us any good so far,[/b] so maybe it is time to try something different.[/quote] I disagree. This country has an incredibly short attention span. Adding fuel to a fire that is likely to go out on its own is silly. As bad as it seems for our rights as gun-owners, right now, I still predict this "national conversation" losing steam soon. However, every time we remind the sheep about our firearms, it keeps them awake for a bit longer.

I disagree. This country has an incredibly short attention span. Adding fuel to a fire that is likely to go out on its own is silly. As bad as it seems for our rights as gun-owners, right now, I still predict this "national conversation" losing steam soon. However, every time we remind the sheep about our firearms, it keeps them awake for a bit longer.

"Modern democrat's" (aka American communists) aren't going to be satisfied until all privately owned firearms in this nation are outlawed & confiscated.

A main portion of their modus operandi has been to try to make the public afraid at the very sight/thought of a firearm in the hands of anyone & everyone who is not wearing a uniform, so how exactly would you propose to counter the public's unfounded fears other than a "show & tell" effort by regular, every day, law-abiding gun owners?

One guy doing it is silly & of course it is easy for "them" to make him look like a lone psycho, but I believe that it would be extremely effective, prehaps even a game changer if a million or so of us all started doing it ...
  • Like 1

"Modern democrat's" (aka American communists) aren't going to be satisfied until all privately owned firearms in this nation are outlawed & confiscated.

A main portion of their modus operandi has been to try to make the public afraid at the very sight/thought of a firearm in the hands of anyone & everyone who is not wearing a uniform, so how exactly would you propose to counter the public's unfounded fears other than a "show & tell" effort by regular, every day, law-abiding gun owners?

One guy doing it is silly & of course it is easy for "them" to make him look like a lone psycho, but I believe that it would be extremely effective, prehaps even a game changer if a million or so of us all started doing it ...

I think what should happen is instead of wielding around an AR or AK with a magazine in place in public someone should organize an event in DC. Instead of everyone carrying a gun all that would be required would be an empty high capacity magazine hung around each person's neck.  Call it something catchy like the 'million mag march' and get some media attention.

I think what should happen is instead of wielding around an AR or AK with a magazine in place in public someone should organize an event in DC. Instead of everyone carrying a gun all that would be required would be an empty high capacity magazine hung around each person's neck.  Call it something catchy like the 'million mag march' and get some media attention.

It would have to be a holster or something; High Capacity magazines are illegal in DC. Unless you are David Gregory. biggrin.gif

It would have to be a holster or something; High Capacity magazines are illegal in DC. Unless you are David Gregory. biggrin.gif

I know they are illegal in DC, but I figured the Gregory defense would work if 100,000 people showed up with them :)