So when do the gloves come off?

In the later 1700's not only did our founding fathers, but tens of thousands of patriots risked their lives and homes by being branded as traitors for standing up and fighting the British for their freedom. Speaking of the British, in 1940, the British people endured being bombed and risked being invaded, and tens of thousands were killed by standing alone against Germany. They could have signed a peace treaty with Hitler and temporarly avoided that but they had the courage to fight. The question is, how much of that courage do we Americans have now and how much are we willing to endure for our constitutional rights and principals?

Since Obama and his merry band of Bolsheviks have begun this latest blitzkreig offensive against the 2nd Amendment, we have been advised not to appear like radicals, don't wear camo at the rallies, don't show Molon Labe or cold dead hands signs, be polite and try not to scare those who are uninformed and influenced by the media. Now we all know what the reality is, we are definatly not going to get a fair shake with the media and there's no chance in hell the gun owner haters are going to back off so I assume we are trying to influence those who are on the fence and are naive about the media and their political agenda.

Anyway, at what point do we ramp up the fight to the next level? Do we wait to see if the Senate or House actually passes something? What's the next step then? (Now i'm not talking about armed conflict or making video's threatening to start killing people),but is it time to start literally sticking our middle finger in the faces of those who hate us and demonize us, maybe at the next protest physically block certain media outlets(MSNBC, CNN) vehicles from getting to their destination and setting up? They don't care about our rights so why should we care about theirs? Instead of being polite start being rude towards the patriot haters, strongly warn the reps who seem not to be serious about representing us that we will see that they don't have a job the next election, make signs deplicting Obama as a tyrannical dictator etc.etc? I think you see where i'm going.

Also, are we willing to risk putting the nation in a constitutional crisis(which I believe we are already in one)with the potential to put the market in a freefall causing a big economic hit? Are we willing to stand our ground and flat out refuse to "turn in our AR's and AK's" even at the threat of arrest(Molon Labe)? Will we have some of that old timey courage to do what it takes? If we did that I wonder if some of the fence sitters might say WOOOHHHH and demand Obama to back off of us scary radical gun owners.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant, just want to know what the plan is if our current defensive fails.

Edited by TGO David
Re-formatted so people could read it.
  • Like 1

For now I would just join the NRA if you haven't already and keep writing to your congressmen on a daily basis. It's not looking very likely that anything will get through congress, but we can't just roll over and go to sleep on the matter.

Well i'm already a member and have written my reps., and plan on writing them again but i'm not taking anything for granted. Like a poster said on another thread, (can't remember his name),i'm really mad as hell and i'm sick of walking on eggshells for these people. There may very well be a time when there's no more Mr. Nice Guy.

A few carriage returns in that first post would make it infinitely more readable.

Sorry, when I type several long paragraphs I look at the key board more than the screen, I still type with two fingers, typing and spelling were never my talents.

Well i'm already a member and have written my reps., and plan on writing them again but i'm not taking anything for granted. Like a poster said on another thread, (can't remember his name),i'm really mad as hell and i'm sick of walking on eggshells for these people. There may very well be a time when there's no more Mr. Nice Guy.

Well, I'll tell you that you aren't the only one that's upset with the situation. That's why I doubt anything will pass because a lot of these guys in congress are afraid of losing out on the next election.

• Like 2
  • Administrator

Reformatted it.  Kinda wish people would do that on their own, but whatever... back to the subject at hand.

Our forefathers didn't just up and decide one day that they were going to pick up their rifles and start firing.  They exhausted every other option first, realizing that once they crossed that line there was no going back.

Currently I do not believe we have exhausted every other option.  The battle can still be fought and won in the political space without anyone having to shed blood or give up their life to preserve the Second Amendment and keep the government in check.  Do I think that it will always be this way?  Sadly, no.  History has taught us that governments and societies can only last so long before something causes them to fall apart.  Our Republic has done pretty good for itself over time, but the past 60 years have indeed shown that the twin cancers of Big Government and Entitlement Society are spreading.  In the past 20 years that spread has been largely un-checked, un-restrained, and outpaces the ability of conservatives or constitutionalists to stave it off.

Eventually there will likely come a day when the people who value what our ancestors fought and died for will answer the challenge of those in elected office of "...OR ELSE WHAT?" with another shot heard around the world.

God help us when that happens.  God help us avoid it as long as we can by winning the fight on the battlefield of politics.

• Like 6

Eventually there will likely come a day when the people who value what our ancestors fought and died for will answer the challenge of those in elected office of "...OR ELSE WHAT?" with another shot heard around the world.

God help us when that happens. God help us avoid it as long as we can by winning the fight on the battlefield of politics.

We say that, and most of me agrees but there is one thing that may keep it from being so bloody. England was a powerhouse. The left wing hippy commies? Not so much. They're like a dog whose been beat into submission, they'll just roll of and pee all over the place. I'm not deluded to think there will be no resistance at all but most of it will be laughable.

You're still very much right though, cuss and argue as long as you can. It keeps your children alive and gives everyone more time to ferret away more "stuff". Edited by Caster
  • Administrator

We say that, and most of me agrees but there is one thing that may keep it from being so bloody. England was a powerhouse. The left wing hippy commies? Not so much. They're like a dog whose been beat into submission, they'll just roll of and pee all over the place. I'm not deluded to think there will be no resistance at all but most of it will be laughable.

You're still very much right though, cuss and argue as long as you can. It keeps your children alive and gives everyone more time to ferret away more "stuff".

The "left wing hippy commies" you're talking about fighting against won't be doing the fighting.  When it comes to that, they'll be sending in the troops to put down the rebellion.

• Like 1

The left is beginning to pull out all the stops, though. They don't realize what they're in for if they continue. Too many people

on the left simply repeat what someone told them to. Those are lost causes. The ones who are silent are silent for a reason.

Being not quite the Reagan Democrat, they just vote the party line. I know a bunch them. They hate Obama, but won't vote

for a Republican. They stay home. I have been trying to change their minds as long as I have known them. Maybe, it won't be

too late, but I'm also not holding my breath, either.

We get to the point where legislation for a gun ban reaches the White House and we will have exhausted all we can. All bets

will be off. I will do everything to assure my family's safety and security. I don't know what else to say, except I wish some more

of us would get behind the Tea Party movement. It's alive and well. They are the conservatives in the House.

Reformatted it. Kinda wish people would do that on their own, but whatever... back to the subject at hand.

Our forefathers didn't just up and decide one day that they were going to pick up their rifles and start firing. They exhausted every other option first, realizing that once they crossed that line there was no going back.

Currently I do not believe we have exhausted every other option. The battle can still be fought and won in the political space without anyone having to shed blood or give up their life to preserve the Second Amendment and keep the government in check. Do I think that it will always be this way? Sadly, no. History has taught us that governments and societies can only last so long before something causes them to fall apart. Our Republic has done pretty good for itself over time, but the past 60 years have indeed shown that the twin cancers of Big Government and Entitlement Society are spreading. In the past 20 years that spread has been largely un-checked, un-restrained, and outpaces the ability of conservatives or constitutionalists to stave it off.

God help us when that happens. God help us avoid it as long as we can by winning the fight on the battlefield of politics.

I know we are not close to a shooting war with the government, it's just that there's alot of people that I would like to tell them that they are dolts and suckers for believing the media and their propaganda, including a family member, and some other people I know I would like to tell them what they can outright do with themselves. This restraint and politness is hard to manage sometimes when others don't show the same.

I know we are not close to a shooting war with the government, it's just that there's alot of people that I would like to tell them that they are dolts and suckers for believing the media and their propaganda, including a family member, and some other people I know I would like to tell them what they can outright do with themselves. This restraint and politness is hard to manage sometimes when others don't show the same.

They just want you to act like a "crazy gun nut" just so they can prove a point.

The "left wing hippy commies" you're talking about fighting against won't be doing the fighting. When it comes to that, they'll be sending in the troops to put down the rebellion.

I would hope that there would be enough division in the military on this that the top brass would refuse to obey any order of police action against American citizens. The top brass realizing that morale and unity in the military could seriously be damaged if such an order was carried out.
  • Like 1

There is a time for everything.  For now, listen and listen extra well.  When you want to just blast someone, ask a question and try to understand what they are feeling - and why.  People want to be heard and "felt".  If they experience this, you earn their ear.  I know it sounds fluffy, fuzzy, and weird; I know it goes against what your mind and body are telling you, but it is true - and it is the key to winning over the middle.  

Listen well, acknowledge the feelings of those who are on the fence, ask questions.  Earn their ear; make sure that your desire for the well-being of men, women, and chidren take the lead in conversations - not just our rights (which protect that well being).  If we do this well, we may yet be able to restore stability to our rights as citizens without sharing so much as an angry word.

• Like 2

You should turn on your NRA icon. It will slap one on every post you've made. We GOTTA support them right now. No matter what kind of gripes you may have, they will do more to preserve our rights in this fight than any other force. They have the line to congress, which is where this fight will be won or lost.

Click on your user name at the top of any page and select "My Settings". Scroll down and you'll see the button. Then, save your changes.

[quote name="TGO David" post="891624" timestamp="1358780327"]The "left wing hippy commies" you're talking about fighting against won't be doing the fighting.  When it comes to that, they'll be sending in the troops to put down the rebellion.[/quote] This is VERY true and there will be those who "just follow orders" but......how many. More importantly, how many will refuse? I have several customers who currently serve and none of them will abide. Likewise, I know several local LEOs ;state, county and city. I don't know a cop will knock on my door, provided I am not threat to the community. To the contrary, I DO know several LEOs will probably show up asking......can reload this brass for me? The idea of a second civil war is FAR more complicated than most could ever understand. Worst case scenario I still don't see wide spread combat. I see small skirmishes and long lines drawn. Those lines will turn to walls and guarded borders. I'm wrong about everything else I talk about, I'm likely wrong here too.
  • Like 1

Caster, that's why Obama wants a "Civilian National Security Force". Someone, unlike the military, that he can rely on to

obey orders.

I have this mental picture of overweight TSA agents goose stepping with their new guns. I think the cases of self-inflicted Glock Butt are fixin' to go through the roof :)

• Like 2

There is a time for everything. For now, listen and listen extra well. When you want to just blast someone, ask a question and try to understand what they are feeling - and why. People want to be heard and "felt". If they experience this, you earn their ear. I know it sounds fluffy, fuzzy, and weird; I know it goes against what your mind and body are telling you, but it is true - and it is the key to winning over the middle.

Listen well, acknowledge the feelings of those who are on the fence, ask questions. Earn their ear; make sure that your desire for the well-being of men, women, and chidren take the lead in conversations - not just our rights (which protect that well being). If we do this well, we may yet be able to restore stability to our rights as citizens without sharing so much as an angry word.

Politness does have it's limits though.

As history has shown us time and time again, the meek doesn't inherit the earth, they get trampled in the ground by horse hooves and tank tracks.
  • Like 1

You should turn on your NRA icon. It will slap one on every post you've made. We GOTTA support them right now. No matter what kind of gripes you may have, they will do more to preserve our rights in this fight than any other force. They have the line to congress, which is where this fight will be won or lost.

Click on your user name at the top of any page and select "My Settings". Scroll down and you'll see the button. Then, save your changes.

Fixed that, thanks. I never noticed the icon wasn't on there.
  • Like 1

Politness does have it's limits though.

As history has shown us time and time again, the meek doesn't inherit the earth, they get trampled in the ground by horse hooves and tank tracks.

I have very little politeness for a true crusader. I'll smack them in public, even if they're a good friend. If you have a chance to swing somebody your way, it's worth taking the time to hear their side and have a polite debate. We have to realize that the mainstream media and a lot of their friends are feeding this crap to them by the bucket loads.

• Like 4