Holsters

Guest Shadow Shooter

Guest Shadow Shooter
Any recommendations? I prefer the molded Kydex types. Who has the better ones. I have a fobus which is okay but during our Permit class he show how easy it was to rip the holster off someone. So I may look at buying another one.
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If full-kydex is what you're after, Foxx Holsters makes the Foxx Trapp and I have one ordered. I'll let you know what I think when I get it. If a hybrid is acceptable, Crossbreed has great reviews. I chose to go with an Old Faithful because they cut you a deal if you assemble it yourself. I saved about $30 bucks this way and I really like the holster.

Depends on what/how you carry.

Crossbreed Supertuck and CompTac Minotaur are both popular IWB (inside waist band) options. Most here tend to give Crossbreed the edge but CompTac is a fine choice. They're both good for guns ranging from little pocket pistols to full-sized.

I have a Remora that I like for IWB, but only for small guns like a Kahr PM9. I'll probably give it a try with a G26 too.

Safariland makes a molded series for OWB (outside waist band) that I like and will probably pick up some variant of it. They are offered with various levels of retention depending on how much or how little you want your holster to hold on tight.

Don Hume leather holsters are popular too, but can get expensive.

Edited by monkeylizard

I have three Crossbreed Supertuck holsters and I am continuing to add more to the collection for each side arm that I own. Blackhawk has some good molded holsters in paddle or belt loop style. I like the serpa fairly well. Blade tech is ok, perhaps not the greatest, but functionally sound. My wife's FN-9 came with one and it seems solid for a belt holster. I can't speak for their paddle style holsters. Much of it can be narrowed down by how much you are willing to spend. 

Garrett Industries make a nice leather lined kydex holster. I've got a kydex OWB from Spartan Village for an XD40sc that I love. I also have 2, an OWB and slimline IWB, for my M&P 9 from Crossfire Holsters. Randy does good work and his prices are hard to beat. Raven Concealment makes a very nice kydex holster too.

http://www.ravenconcealment.com/

http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/

http://www.spartan-village.com/about.html

http://crossfireholsters.com/

• 2 weeks later...
I think I'm going to try pjholster. I have a leather one now that I tried and it works, but not as "slick" as I'd like. Looked at alabamaholster also, but the lead times are way out.
Ordered a pjholster. 5-6 weeks right now. Edited by JHC77
  • 2 months later...

I think I'm going to try pjholster. I have a leather one now that I tried and it works, but not as "slick" as I'd like. Looked at alabamaholster also, but the lead times are way out.
Ordered a pjholster. 5-6 weeks right now.

Sitting at 10 weeks. not excited about this one any longer. I picked up a Blade-tech for my M&P and like it. Might be picking one up for my G23 also.

Personally I prefer leather, but if you have looked at some of my posts you can tell I'm a tad biased.

I'm looking for kydex IWB. I am on the hunt for something for my G23 OWB/IWB. You can PM me on what you might be able to do.
Guest almostdoc

I have this holster from Old Faithful:  http://oldfaithfulholsters.com/shop/quick-assemble-kit-inside-the-waistband-hip-gun-holster-kit/    It's similar to the Crossbreed/Minotaur, but much cheaper if you're willing to spend 15 min putting it together.  Also really like the adjustable retention it has.

I also have a Blade tech (for a different gun) that I like.  http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23  Not quite as comfy as the Old Faithful, but takes up less room in the pants, and the kydex is cooler against my skin in the summer months.

For OWB, I've been using leather but have been considering this guy.  Has been getting excellent reviews from what I've seen, and prices seem to be decent as well.  Will have to message him via youtube if you're interested, as he doesn't have his own website.  Sounds like he can build just about anything you'd like though:  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C58Bl3nUgKU

• 4 weeks later...
Like my SERPA for the Glock, Bianchi 100 for my snubbie, glock and Bersa when OWB, Galco for my 1911s. Each has its merits and times best option. Greene Military in Nashville on Lebanon Rd has a large selection of Jude's and leather since they supply most of the police around here and going to the academy.
Raven Concealment if you don't mind the wait (2mo.). Just got in 3 holsters that I ordered and some mag carriers and they fit like a glove and are top notch. Crown makes good kydex holsters with less wait time. I have had Garrett Industries and N82 holsters and they make fine holsters as well.
  • Moderators

Raven Concealment if you don't mind the wait (2mo.). Just got in 3 holsters that I ordered and some mag carriers and they fit like a glove and are top notch. Crown makes good kydex holsters with less wait time. I have had Garrett Industries and N82 holsters and they make fine holsters as well.

+1 to Raven Concealment. If I remember this evening, I will post some photos of my setup.

I've been using Raven Concealment holsters since 2008.   BL: they work (conceal well due to design, are durable due to quality construction, and aren't prohibitively expensive).

Combined with a decent gunbelt (I like Wilderness Tactical's Frequent Flyer with polymer insert), you have a very concealable (and lightweight) CCW setup that'll last for years.

How well do they conceal?  For me (6', 175), I can carry at 4:30 OWB (with a single mag pouch at 8:30) with a t-shirt. 

For AIWB, I use both the Raven Concealment Vanguard 2 and the Dale Fricke Archangel.  Both are fine holsters, with the nod to the AA due to being able to easily reholster.