A good sign?

I stopped by Gander Mountain in Turkey Creek this morning to kill some time waiting for my wife. Their shelves were stocked with plenty of ammo of all calibers. Wal Mart on the other hand is still empty. Maybe people are done paying the outrageous prices for ammo and things will start normalizing a little bit.

On the plus side, Gander did have some Federal Match 22lr for only 50 cents a round :eek:

I stopped by Gander Mountain in Turkey Creek this morning to kill some time waiting for my wife. Their shelves were stocked with plenty of ammo of all calibers. Wal Mart on the other hand is still empty. Maybe people are done paying the outrageous prices for ammo and things will start normalizing a little bit.

On the plus side, Gander did have some Federal Match 22lr for only 50 cents a round :eek:

They had that .22 two weeks ago. It was stupid expensive. But it does do me good to see ammo on the shelf for more than a few minutes, even if it is stupid expensive.

High prices will be the norm from now on,

The Pres did a good job on making things cost so much.

Now we spend our hard earned money to protect our self.

I fell bad for the guys that shoot IDPA and dont reload.

Probably because they stopped letting unscrupulous employees have 1st dibs, buy and resell at astronomical prices,....well actually, I don't know. It would be nice if the tide was turning...but I don't think we're quite there yet.

If Brum Hilda's bill gets voted down in the Senate, things should come back to normal pretty quickly. The problem is on the consumer end. Once people quit feaking out, the demand should drop.

I hope you're right, but I bet someone will start some rumor about a "ammo tax" or the EPA banning lead ammo.
Guest ShoreZ11759

If Brum Hilda's bill gets voted down in the Senate, things should come back to normal pretty quickly. The problem is on the consumer end. Once people quit feaking out, the demand should drop.

Indeed. The bill is going to have a hard time passing as well

I hope you're right, but I bet someone will start some rumor about a "ammo tax" or the EPA banning lead ammo.

I don't see this happening. Why? It seems like they were and are attempting to split the bolt/shotgun/levergun guys from the AR guys. They say they aren't trying to take your hunting guns, only those "assault weapons."  When you put a new tax on ammo then that makes everyone mad, not just the AR/AK/whatever guys. Just my .02 cents.

I didn't go to the gun show but my cousin said he bought a new AR for $1,100. I have a feeling if nothing happens with a ban, AR's will be in the $700 range in a few months and since everyone has stocked up on ammo, it will do the same. All wishful thinking but I'm hoping for the best. I'm wanting a 10/22 but I'm not paying double the walmart price for one right now, I'll keep shooting my 597 till they come back down. I found some Federal Champion .22 this week for $25 a box for 525 rounds, so I've got plenty of .22 ammo now and don't have to feel bad about going out shooting again.

I don't see this happening. Why? It seems like they were and are attempting to split the bolt/shotgun/levergun guys from the AR guys. They say they aren't trying to take your hunting guns, only those "assault weapons."  When you put a new tax on ammo then that makes everyone mad, not just the AR/AK/whatever guys. Just my .02 cents.

I'm not trying to say I think the government is going to do either of these things.

I think you make good points, but I'm a logical person who can comprehend what you're saying.

There are plenty of people out there that will believe anything and that could keep this scare going.

In regards to splitting firearms owners, I agree 110%. See my second post here.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/59611-president-obama-sporting-clay-enthusiast/?p=897553

I'm not trying to say I think the government is going to do either of these things.

I think you make good points, but I'm a logical person who can comprehend what you're saying.

There are plenty of people out there that will believe anything and that could keep this scare going.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/59611-president-obama-sporting-clay-enthusiast/?p=897553

At least you can see what I'm getting at there. I have no clue of knowing whether or not that is a possibility. It's just how I see things.

Regarding your other post I saw that and agree.

Feinstein's will never get a vote in the Senate, as is, but firearm legislation is not going to just "be over" this session in some clear sense, it will be ongoing, with a series of bills that will rise, fall, be amended, resubmitted, etc.

Blumenthal's ammo bill is coming along any day now in the Senate, for example. Haven't even seen the first universal background check one there either, but it'll come along.

I don't necessarily see a clear cut end to what may or may not be enacted even by the end of 2013.

- OS

Where can I find a schedule of events for what is going to be in the house or senate?

You can find all the proposed bills, but that will give you no idea when they might actually come up for action.

You can be pretty sure that none of the 20 or so in the House already filed will come up at all, unless one or more turns into an amendment to a Senate bill.

Keep your eye on the Senate.

- OS

Feinstein's will never get a vote in the Senate, as is, but firearm legislation is not going to just "be over" this session in some clear sense, it will be ongoing, with a series of bills that will rise, fall, be amended, resubmitted, etc.

Blumenthal's ammo bill is coming along any day now in the Senate, for example. Haven't even seen the first universal background check one there either, but it'll come along.

I don't necessarily see a clear cut end to what may or may not be enacted even by the end of 2013.

- OS

Oh, they're not gonna give up. They will get tired of having stuff die before it hits the floor. The beauty of the senate... South Dakota has as many votes as Commiefornia.

Oh, they're not gonna give up. They will get tired of having stuff die before it hits the floor. The beauty of the senate... South Dakota has as many votes as Commiefornia.

Thing is though, gun control is going to be in the news for a good long time, maybe through this entire Congress.

I don't think there's going to be a "click" "whew" moment when the panic ends and prices/supply go back even close to what it was pre Sandy Hook, or even pre election. Don't think this time around is going to be as benign as the '08 turned out to be.

- OS

• Like 1