So I'm convinced guns breed like rabbits......

Spots

So a few weeks ago, I picked up a 1911. It's a Springfield Armory 1911 GI model, that was given to me as a present from a member here, JCJ. And today I picked up a couple holsters and 150 rds of ammo for it.

I had also been in contact with another member here about a Kel Tec SU-16B that I was after. He graciously held it for me, even through the panic. I paid $650 for the rifle, 3 stock ten round mags, and 5 30 rd pmags, 4 of those new in plastic. Then I also picked up some 130 rds of 5.56 from JCJ for it today, plus some at walmart and ACE hardware

Then today on the way to get the ammo, I mentioned the Ruger Mini 30 that JCJ bought a month ago. He offered it to me for a hell of a deal, so I picked it up today, along with 2 - 20 rd mags, and a stock 5 rounder, and 60 rds of 7.62 for $650.

I'm almost afraid to go to sleep, I don't know whats gonna mate, and pop up next lol.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dare not take a picture of my hobby items, my wife has no idea, seriously. Even the spreadsheet that I keep a record of my guns on, I have to camouflage in such a way, that only a PHD mathematician could decipher. However, I am convinced birth control for guns is simply taking your wife everywhere with you, make sure she reads every email from that stranger you met on Armslist or that PM from a fellow TGO person, and take her with you to each gun show that you attend. If your barbershop is like mine, make sure she goes there too, there is always a gun trade going on at the barber shop. And for you guys that have a gun supporting wife, likely you are too broke to understand my quandary, because she likes guns too, and for two married adults to have a gun fetish, is just bankruptcy in the making. For the guys not married, buy as much now as you can, and hide em, seriously. Finally, not to discriminate, for you women reading this, I have no clue what to tell you, I have not met a gun loving woman before absent a husband.

I dare not take a picture of my hobby items, my wife has no idea, seriously. Even the spreadsheet that I keep a record of my guns on, I have to camouflage in such a way, that only a PHD mathematician could decipher. However, I am convinced birth control for guns is simply taking your wife everywhere with you, make sure she reads every email from that stranger you met on Armslist or that PM from a fellow TGO person, and take her with you to each gun show that you attend. If your barbershop is like mine, make sure she goes there too, there is always a gun trade going on at the barber shop. And for you guys that have a gun supporting wife, likely you are too broke to understand my quandary, because she likes guns too, and for two married adults to have a gun fetish, is just bankruptcy in the making. For the guys not married, buy as much now as you can, and hide em, seriously. Finally, not to discriminate, for you women reading this, I have no clue what to tell you, I have not met a gun loving woman before absent a husband.

I somewhat agree because my woman likewise just doesn't "get it". Careful however. Should she ever stumble upon your collection, you may have a lot more to answer to..... I know with my wife it wouldn't just be "omg guns!" it would be, money, trust, priorities, secret life, are you a maniac, etc, etc.

Ya know.. typical crazy women stuff. :D

Mine knows every gun I own, and even the actual prices I paid lol

If from the pictures is all that you have, which is good, it will not take long until you understand, the wife need not know.  To put it into perspective, its when the 48 gun safe is threating a revolt or a federal lawsuit of over-crowding, losing its acreditation, then the wife is more prone to say like NoBanStan said, its the money, trust, priorities, secret life, are you a maniac, etc, etc.

Edited by Runco
oh good lord, I don't think we are going to read about the atf raiding runco for his 1500 gun collection we are going to find out about him vanishing due to his wife finding the collection :D

my 1 ar-15 gave birth to 3 lowers one had good genetics and is growing a gas piston upper. the other is like Danny Devito and grew a 7.5 inch upper going to be a pistol :D

your collection is going good Spots!

Do I spy a Nagant?

I think there may be one in there some where. ;) I need to get a few pics of the wire cabinet that holds everything. It holds all those in their cases along with 2 complete AR lowers and there is still some room left over for more to come.

So a few weeks ago, I picked up a 1911. It's a Springfield Armory 1911 GI model, that was given to me as a present from a member here, JCJ. And today I picked up a couple holsters and 150 rds of ammo for it.

2013-02-04_19-52-03_921_zpse59a8a65.jpg

I had also been in contact with another member here about a Kel Tec SU-16B that I was after. He graciously held it for me, even through the panic. I paid $650 for the rifle, 3 stock ten round mags, and 5 30 rd pmags, 4 of those new in plastic. Then I also picked up some 130 rds of 5.56 from JCJ for it today, plus some at walmart and ACE hardware

2013-02-04_19-52-20_661_zpseab66155.jpg

Then today on the way to get the ammo, I mentioned the Ruger Mini 30 that JCJ bought a month ago. He offered it to me for a hell of a deal, so I picked it up today, along with 2 - 20 rd mags, and a stock 5 rounder, and 60 rds of 7.62 for $650.

2013-02-04_19-52-35_339_zps1b703501.jpg

I'm almost afraid to go to sleep, I don't know whats gonna mate, and pop up next lol.

2013-02-04_19-53-00_168_zpsc8e4999d.jpg

dont say that cause i just picked up a Springfield GI model just like yours yesterday from my uncle....

dont say that cause i just picked up a Springfield GI model just like yours yesterday from my uncle....

Don't leave it alone, or you'll come back and there will be more of them. Then once new guns come along you need new mags, more ammo, different caliber ammo in this case. New stock, new sight, new sling, the list goes on and on and on.....

Don't leave it alone, or you'll come back and there will be more of them. Then once new guns come along you need new mags, more ammo, different caliber ammo in this case. New stock, new sight, new sling, the list goes on and on and on.....

I'm Screwed

I think there may be one in there some where. ;) I need to get a few pics of the wire cabinet that holds everything. It holds all those in their cases along with 2 complete AR lowers and there is still some room left over for more to come.

Most impressive.