For the .22 Aficionados

Verne

Was talking .22's the other day with Graycrait and made mention of one sitting in my safe.  This was my dads and still gets shoot, not as mush as I use to shoot it but it still makes it out. 

This is the best shooting .22 pistol I have ever shoot.

Hope you all enjoy.

• Like 4

Thought all the Medalists came with varnished grips, the oil finish does look very nice though.

Have had mine for 24 years now and still shoots better than I do there is an outfit out there that makes a bolt on mount for a red dot that clamps to the rib so it is easily returned to original condition if you ever feel the need to have a dot on it as drill an tap would be a travesty

love the built in dry fire option too. but the deflector pin tends to occasionally toss an empty back into the action.

John

Really nice...

What are the three threaded bars or tubes?

- OS

They are barrel weights.  The block in the bottom left of the box slides into a dove tail under the fore grip (I guess you would call it that) and the barrel weights screw in to it. 

• Like 1

That is a broken firearm, you have to send it to me for repair, better yet, I will come and pick it up for you.

Send lots of ammo for testing. :wave:

Man that ia sweet looking pistol, VERY NICE!

the tool is a hinged screwdriver the large end matches slots in the barrel weights and rear sight screws the small end removes the fore end and grip screws and fits the setscrew for the block the weights screw into and also on the back of the reciever below the rear sight adjusts trigger pull weight and inside the gun adjusts the overtravel screw on the top end of the trigger.

yep they came with 2  the other should be stored in the pistol.

only thing I do not see is the shell deflector pin that fits into a hole in the grip on the ejection side about where bolt face is when locked open it is a small pin maybe 3/4" long and 1/16th" in diameter (?)  which kicks empties out at approx. 1 to 2 O'clock  and sometimes kicks one back into the action. 

John

PS  if I remember correctly the first 2 digits are year of MFG.

http://www.browning.com/customerservice/dategun/detail.asp?id=39

Edited by LngRngShtr

I only have the one mag for it.  As for the shell deflector, didn't even know it came with one.  Will have to look around in the box for it but something tells me it is long gone considering this one dates back to 1966.

I did take it out this weekend and put some rounds through it.  Was nice to get it and get to bust some clay pigeons set up on the backstop like I did as a kid with my dad. 

• 2 weeks later...