Nashville area gun dealers who will receive firearms for a fee

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bkelm18

Pretty much any dealer will do a transfer for you. The standard charge is $25 for the transfer plus $10 for TICS but it can vary.

We had an early topic on this subject not long after the board started. Fees were all over the place. I remember one guy, who is no longer on the board, who apparently hated doing transfers. I don't know why he even said he would do them.

In the Tri-Cities, the fees seem to run from $15 to $30 (plus the $10 TICS, of course). Point is to make a few phone calls and ask different folks what they charge.

Guest oldfella

For future reference, your best bet is your local pawn shop - these folks are more willing than a regular gun shop, and will charge less.

Pete

Guest Verbal Kint

Yeah... too bad his vendor status was removed from this site for being unethical and violating the rules on selling guns. That said, I'm sure there are plenty other vendors in the area (both listed on here and in the yellow pages) that have less questionable sales tactics.

Yeah... too bad his vendor status was removed from this site for being unethical and violating the rules on selling guns. That said, I'm sure there are plenty other vendors in the area (both listed on here and in the yellow pages) that have less questionable sales tactics.

:up: BTW say what you will, his sales tactics and ethics have not been in question to those who do business with him. Personality? sure. He's banned, so be it, he still has a business that fits a need. That's all I was saying.

Edited by Smith
Guest Verbal Kint
:drama: BTW say what you will, his sales tactics and ethics have not been in question to those who do business with him. Personality? sure. He's banned, so be it, he still has a business that fits a need. That's all I was saying.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128798&postcount=6

Kinda hard to argue the facts. I can appreciate your allegiance to him, or any of your friends, but he did in fact have his vendor status removed due to violating the code of ethics for on-site vendors. He was further banned, due to his attitude and conflicting personality. Two separate incidents.

If you want to argue... sorry... discuss this further, we can adjourn to the Ready Room or take it to PM. But I won't sit by and let people be steered to him, without voicing concern, when he's obviously of questionable character. Sorry.

Guest Verbal Kint
Bill who?

Heard some guy named Bill retired from a big software company or something... to live on his private island and fulfill a life hobby. Same guy?

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/showpost.php?p=128798&postcount=6

Kinda hard to argue the facts. I can appreciate your allegiance to him, or any of your friends, but he did in fact have his vendor status removed due to violating the code of ethics for on-site vendors. He was further banned, due to his attitude and conflicting personality. Two separate incidents.

If you want to argue... sorry... discuss this further, we can adjourn to the Ready Room or take it to PM. But I won't sit by and let people be steered to him, without voicing concern, when he's obviously of questionable character. Sorry.

There is no allegence and I don't know any "friends" of his on a personal basis. I see this is a personal agenda for you, but I was simply making a recommendation based on my personal experience in doing FTF business with a businessman. You admittedly have no experience with him only speculation and conjecture. Your condenscencsion to me in that regard is insulting.:drama:

Guest Verbal Kint
There is no allegence and I don't know any "friends" of his on a personal basis. I see this is a personal agenda for you, but I was simply making a recommendation based on my personal experience in doing FTF business with a businessman. You admittedly have no experience with him only speculation and conjecture. Your condenscencsion to me in that regard is insulting.:drama:

I apologize for insulting you, or assuming you were in his circle of friends. I was apparently wrong in those regards. Hopefully you can accept that.

I have no experience with him, aside from witnessing everything he's done on here. So I'm actually glad, I've had no dealings with him, nor do I ever want to.

Again, I apologize for assuming too much on your part... like I said, I would rather steer people to a store (even if they might pay a few bucks more) where they are less likely to have any issues or attitude.

---

Sorry to the OP, for hijacking your thread. :love:

For future reference, your best bet is your local pawn shop - these folks are more willing than a regular gun shop, and will charge less.

That's the way it has turned out in the Tri-Cities. I haven't used them, but I understand that Uncle Sam's Pawn in Bristol charges $15.

• Administrator

Rabbi's stance the last time I asked him about this was that he wouldn't transfer in a firearm that he could sell you himself. His rates were also higher than anyone else that I had checked with at the time. He may have changed both of these things since then, so the best thing do to is just call him and ask for the Tungsten Special. He'll probably give you a great price just to spite me, which works out perfectly for you and keeps me on his mind. :drama:

www.eastsidegunshop.com has the phone number. Ask about the waffles and chicken special while you've got him on the phone.

Bellshire Hardware reportedly has good pricing on inbound FFL transfers for the Nashville area. Guns & Leather, On Target, Hero Gear and others are all pretty much in the same general ballpark and don't mind transferring in a weapon regardless if they have the same thing sitting in their showroom.

What the hell have I missed?

Sometimes you gotta way the Tax savings as opposed to the added cost for transfer and shipping. I buy a lot of guns online but always give my local dealers a shot first as I would rather support the local economy. I have done business with Hero Gear and Eastside both are excellent and will treat you right. I hear good things about Guns and Leather as well but have no personal experience with them.

Edited by Magiccarpetrides
wrong word

We are $25 + $10, always have been, prolly always will be. I dont see it changing anytime soon. It isnt difficult to got transfers in, and doesnt require much work. The people that have transfers that they leave up here for a month before they pick them up are the ones that get on my nerves. We're having a hard time finding places for our guns, much less other peoples.

I just recently visited Guns & Leather, which is where I purchased my nice new XDM. They are a really great bunch and I will most definitely do business with them again. They were very courteous, professional, and ni great to visit with. They are a little further out, but I think I made it there in 25 minutes from downtown. Also, on my XDM, I called every shop in town and they sold me the gun for almost $100 cheaper than anyone else who had it in stock (everyone else was asking well over MSRP because of the demand) and $30 cheaper than any of my regular shops that could order it for me. So needless to say, I was very, very happy.

I have transferred 4 handguns through Rabbi that I bought off of gunbroker and have never had a problem. He charged me 25 for the first gun and 20 everyone after that (when i had multiple coming in of course). He is closer to downtown Nashville if location is an issue for you.