Nashville-area recommendations?

Hello, everyone, I'm Brad. My wife and I (and two dogs) are moving to Nashville from Indianapolis in April and are looking for an apartment in the area. We're both in our late 20's and are looking for somewhere relatively quiet within 30 minutes of downtown.

If you have any town/neighborhood recommendations or even a specific complex we should look at, we'd really appreciate the help.

Looking forward to the move.

Brad and Beth

Welcome!
I live in Hermitage (east side) and is roughly 20-30 minutes from anywhere in Nashville depending on traffic On a good day I can make to the West side in right at 30 minutes. I like that side. Not the best schools in Nashville. You could certainly find a nice 1 bedroom with plenty of room for $800. You'd be close-ish to a couple decent gun stores also but nothing really close. Good shopping and food are easy to access here also.
My suggestion is live where you live. Find the area that supports your non work life. Live near friends and people you spend time with. Its a commitment to remain close to people who live 30 minutes the other side of downtown. IMHO selecting location is not about conveience to work. Edited by D3vo
  • Like 1

I live in Mt Juliet, just east of downtown, out of Davidson county.

Taxes in town are a bit higher, rent is about the same.

Good schools, good people.

I am with Dv3o, dont pick a place to live because of where you work.

belleview has a few good apartment complexes. not sure of the prices though. Also, you can check out houses for rent in your budget if you look to the north of nashville, joelton, pleasantview, springfield. check em out.

welcome.

Welcome aboard.

As Volzfan said, Hendersonville is nice but the commute is very congested in and out of Nashville if you work normal hours.   I live in the Bellevue area which is west of Nashville.  It's near both Warner Parks, Natchez Trace Parkway, etc.   The area and down towards Franklin is a prime cycling area if you like to ride bikes.     

Good luck with the move.  

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

As a part time pizza delivery guy, I can tell you about a few that I go to on a regular basis that if I had to live in an apartment, they would be great choices. These places are very well maintained. I never see trash laying around and grounds are kept nice.

Oak Well Farms - http://www.oakwellfarms.com/

Not far from Stewarts Ferry Pike/Access to I-40, Close proximity to Percy Priest Lake, Not a gated community. Cracker Barrel, Food Lion, Gas stations 5 or less minutes away.

Cherry Creek Apartments - http://www.myhgmc.com/apartments/nashville-apartments/hermitage-apartments/cherry-creek-apartments/home 

Super close to hospital, police station, kroger, petco and not far from other shopping. Access to I-40 less than 2 blocks away. I believe its also gated community also.

Polo Park - http://www.rentpolopark.com/?PPC=GP&WT.mc_id=F-D-GP-S-18112PoloPark-n-n

Very close to Target, YMCA and Urban Active

Park at Hermitage - http://www.parkathermitage.com/

Close to gas stations, fast food, Percy Priest Lake, I-40 access. Not a gated community.

Waterford Landing - http://www.bellapartmentliving.com/TN/Nashville/Waterford-Landing/mobi/

Gated community, Close to gas stations, fast food, Percy Priest Lake, I-40 access

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214