Armslist, just checked it out..

Heard it mentioned here several times but had never checked it out till tonight. Wow, I thought there was an ammo shortage, boy was I wrong! There's tons of it, if you don't care about the money part of it. And I see what everyone meant when they said "plenty of Walmart ammo there marked up". I'm sure I am in a small percentage of TGOers that didn't know but just had to vent.

I hope the resellers choke on it. But there will be some schmuck who will end up buying. ( several schmucks until the demand slows and the supply goes back to normal).

I think this douchebaggery could be perpetual. Every time someone buys from these aholes it funds their next trip to clean out Wally World or to make a bulk order online. Demand will stay high and these guys will limit the supply by snapping it up at source.
  • Like 3
Most stuff on armslist is high priced every now and then you will find a deal or something that is not really a deal but something you really want and can't find. I picked up a Glock 17L off there last week. Been looking for a long time for one. Was not a deal but I wanted it. There are a lot of folks buying ammo and marking it up but it is a free market as long as supply is short and folks are willing to pay the higher prices that is the way it is going to be. Not going to do any good to to get mad about it. Again it is a free market until things get better it is not going to change. And it looks like that is going to be a while. I hate paying $3.50 for $1.50 gas but if you are going to ride you have to pay what it is bringing. If you are going to shoot you are going to have to pay what it cost to buy ammo. If you want it cheaper it can be found but it requires a good bit of effort.

Jason

I can see what you're getting at Jason. But comparing ammo to gas prices is like comparing apples to oranges. Sure it might be partially the demand vs supply of the gas that is raising prices but have to figure in one minor thing. Since the Federal government has been printing money like the newspaper prints papers and the value of the dollar has been taken off the gold standard, the value of the dollar has been steadily losing its value. Everything else increases in cost.  I'm not mad, people will take advantage of the situation until people wake up and decide not to pay their prices on ammo. I just hope they who are taking advantage of this, lose in the end.

I don't buy ammo like i used to, and i don't shoot like i used to. I just hope prices and supply come back to normal. But looks like we will be waiting a while.

No gas is worse than ammo you about have to have it and we are gettin well you know. Ammo you don't have to have. Well that is at least what my wife tells me. I hope like you that things calm down some time soon but with the media and the news I don't see it in the near future through the summer any way. I have heard that it will take until November for most ammo manufactures are able to fill just back orders if no more orders are placed. I have been shooting a lot of 9mm because luckily I had the stuff to load a lot of it. I will not buy any from the guys who are really marking stuff up unless it comes to it but prices even at the LGS is high too. And even the prices at Walmart are steady going up too. If you can get some reasonable get it we may not be done with prices going up yet.

Jason

I do agree Gas is a necessity for us getting around. Cause i'm sure like most of us we can't afford one of them new electric cars. Even if i could, the cost of replacing parts on the Electric vehicles is atronomical. Least that is what i hear. Until the technology is affordable I'm afraid we'll be paying whatever they( oil companies) decide to charge. Also i would advise anyone who comes thru Lincoln county, Never stop here for gas unless you really need to. Gas here is at least .15-.20 cents more per gallon herein the county than stations out of the county. When those have no competition, they can set their own price.

I never buy gas here in Lincoln county, i only work and sleep here, getting to where one can't afford to live here.

I wonder how many of the hoarder/speculators are gun enthusiasts?  I suspect most are. What they are doing is cutting off their nose to spite their face as they are helping to ensure that when supply does meet demand that the wholesale prices will reflect that demand, however it was created.  Short term profits must be more important to these folks than the long term health of the shooting sports.  Just think of how many kids will not be shooting or getting into shooting during this "shortage."  Heck, adults with no ammo will go on to other activities, I know I have.  Fewer and fewer shooters will have a significant political impact further downstream.  Just when the shrinking numbers of shooters become more and more politically isolated we have our "profiteers" creating divisions among shooters just when it is even more important to have unity.    Relying solely on the NRA to preserve shooting "rights" will likely prove ineffective over the increasing political power of urban population/political centers.  It is a pity that shooters can't unite, instead of screaming and ranting, show responsibility, a concern for the environment, thoughtfulness and how shooting can be fun, educational and sometimes necessary. 

• Like 1

Checked GunBroker last week and there was 31 pages of 9mm ammo up for grabs...if you want to pay, that is.  I scored some 9mm Federal at WM last weekend, and a buddy picked me up another 500 rounds while visiting in Texas.  There's ammo out there, but you have to be constantly looking and be there online when it pops up for sale.

Its sad people in our firearm community jump the band wagon to profit from a tragedy like Conn. Whats the difference between us and the O'bummer,Bloomberg Dem group jumping in on it to pass more gun control ?

just my .02 worth.

Mike

• Like 1

It's not just Armslist, it's the Gun Shops too. I was in Huntsville yesterday and checked several GS and their prices on ammo was 1.5-2 times Nov 2012 prices. Everyone seems to be gouging. I bought a box of 20 rds of American Eagle 308 168g at Outpost Armory and it was priced $32, more than $1.50/rd. I had no 308 and a new gun, so I bought.

I constantly check 3 WalMarts in my area and never catch any ammo on their shelves, but see it on Armlists at 2-3 times regular price. I wonder how many more months this craze is going to last. The problem is you can not even find reloading components, for reloaders started hoarding these supplies. Sorry for the complaining, but ammo prices are getting to me.

• Like 1

There are a lot of folks buying ammo and marking it up but it is a free market as long as supply is short and folks are willing to pay the higher prices that is the way it is going to be. Not going to do any good to to get mad about it. Again it is a free market until things get better it is not going to change.

Thank you for the education on how the free market works, I don't think anyone else on here had really explained it yet.

So, Walmart has ammo and these Armslist guys go and buy it all as soon as it hits the shelf creating a false shortage. Then they put it on the Internet at a substantial mark up and you expect us not to get mad about it?

As long as these people can keep the shelves at Walmart bare they will continue to be able to ask whatever they want for ammo.
  • Like 1

Thank you for the education on how the free market works, I don't think anyone else on here had really explained it yet.

So, Walmart has ammo and these Armslist guys go and buy it all as soon as it hits the shelf creating a false shortage. Then they put it on the Internet at a substantial mark up and you expect us not to get mad about it?

As long as these people can keep the shelves at Walmart bare they will continue to be able to ask whatever they want for ammo.

Didn't Walmart wise up and limit purchases? I haven't tried to buy any ammo since the War on Guns started, so I don't have personal experience. I have helped a few friends from my personal stash, but that's the extent of it.

That is pretty much it Walmart is getting very little ammo when they get it it is gone in min because there is a shortage not a false shortage. If it was avalible Walmart would be rolling truck loads to every store any you could buy all you want.

So you can spend endless hours trolling the Walmart for ammo and if you are lucky you may get some at a good price it has went up some there too or you can pay what it is selling for in gun shops and on line when people have it in stock that is the way it works. Free Market

If you don't like it get mad I guess or don't buy it. The world keeps turning and tomorrow will be another day.

Jason
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

Maybe some of the Walmart employees are the Armslist guys, getting themselves a raise. :D

It's as much cronyism as anything else. I guess some don't understand what the definition of

capitalism is. Read a little Milton Friedman before you tell me what capitalism is. I think I have

a decent enough grasp of it. I haven't seen too much of it, lately, either.

This market is a fear driven market with politics and politicians being the primary culprits and

looters taking advantage of the distorted market conditions. Not capitalism!

Edited by 6.8 AR

Maybe some of the Walmart employees are the Armslist guys, getting themselves a raise. :D

It's as much cronyism as anything else. I guess some don't understand what the definition of

capitalism is. Read a little Milton Friedman before you tell me what capitalism is. I think I have

a decent enough grasp of it. I haven't seen too much of it, lately, either.

There is a cat that used to work for my company and his wife works at walmart sporting goods.  Kinda funny how he has aquired over 8k rounds in the last few months .......

Guest 6.8 AR

I would have guessed these Walmart folks couldn't afford to do this. Guess I was wrong. Walmart should have some

policies about this, I would think.

I get mad as hell about it, but the only thing i can do about it is not buy it...... unfortunately there are plenty of others that have more money than me, or simply do not care.  I saw cases of 223 at walmart for 150 -- they sold out and now i see those same cases going for 275 the same day on the internet. 

I would have guessed these Walmart folks couldn't afford to do this. Guess I was wrong. Walmart should have some
policies about this, I would think.

They do. I doubt that there are many Walmart employees engaging in this practice. Considering there are folks lined up in the morning to purchase cases that are posted for sale on Armslist the same day, it is clear to me what is going on. If folks would just not pay those price the price would go down. Unfortunately there are the fear buyers who are causing this whole mess as if ammo is going to be banned tomorrow. I would like some .22 so I can shoot this spring, and I can afford to pay stupid prices for it, but I'd rather stay home and not shoot than contribute to the system of rampant stupidity and greed.
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

It's interesting how some think justifying an activity by calling it something it isn't actually makes us in the gun owning

community an adhering community of like minded individuals. I hope I said that right. Maybe you understand. :D

There will be a time when we will absolutely have to stand together on an issue. It may even be sooner than you think.

Gouging someone you share an interest with doesn't go very far. It isn't capitalism and it is temporary. Some people

actually have good memory, also. Calling something a temporary market blip is one thing. I wonder how some will

feel when they realize they have been fooled by their own, not some Chuck Shumer kind of guy?

It really doesn't matter what I think, but to me, it is how I act to others that gives me reason to expect the same from

them, or I won't deal with them. I guess I'm a blip, too, because I set my own limits. :D