BCM gunfighter gear questions

So I've been looking at the BCM websight and was wondering if anybody had experinice with the gunfighter charging handle and the gunfighter pistol grip? I've never read a bad review on their stuff, but wanted to hear some first hand experience.

Sent from behind my anvil in ye olde smithy
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Gunfighter on my AR and haven't had a problem with it. You can play with it the next time we shoot.

Alright cool. I wanna try it out, see if it helps with support hand racking during IA drills

I have not tried the grip, but I love the medium sized charging handles (mod 4).  It does make support hand charging/clearing motions much easier and it seems to avoid binding the charging handle the way other oversized latches can.  I am not sure if that is a change in the pivot point or what. 

Edited by atlas3025
  • Moderators
I use both the Mod 4 charging handle and the BCM grip. I could not recommend them more highly. As others have mentioned, the GFCH helps with using the support hand to operate. The GF Grip makes for a world of difference if you use the AR in a m4 like setup and using a more modern squared up stance with the stock in a mostly collapsed position. It has a more vertical grip angle that lends to a better balance and more comfortable wrist angle. If you use your AR with the stock fully extended and a more traditional bladed stance, then it may not provide as much benefit.

I run both charging handle (mod 4) and grip on all three of my AR rifles.  For the grip it is good, as long as you can get used to the steep angle, more for CQB like the magpul (MOE k-2).   Charging handle is solid. All BCM components have run flawless for me.

Well I'll be ordering them up for my new AR. Just add this to the list with the optic, single point sling, and a few other things. Light, short and fast are gonna be the name of the game for this one

Guest Tennessean
I've got the large Gunfighter Charging handle on my 6.8. It works great and keeps the skin on my knuckles from coming off on the scope! Highly recommended.

I installed a medium one on my M4 that I took to Afghanistan. While it never got stuck on my PC it did catch at least a couple times a day. I wouldn't be able to guarantee that a standard CH wouldn't have had the same problem though. I have thought about getting the smaller one but I'm not sure it would be that different. It did make left handed charges with right on the pistol grip easy. I had that and a BAD lever and liked both.

Edited by Daniel
Another bump for the mod 4. Huge improvement. Have it on all my ARs. There are other options, some ambi but at double the price. The way an AR functions, I don't see the benefit of an ambi charging handle on an AR.

i love the bcm mod 3 charging handle.  I know the large handles were made to make it easier to grab with scopes, but under stress i find them better to use in any environment.

I haven't used the grip since the original ergo grip is cheap and perfect even in the rain.