Just got word of something new happening.

Phantom 6 just sent me this link. he spoke to someone to verify it..it's legit, folks.

Apparently our more liberal governments feel that the 4th amendment doesn't apply anymore.

http://deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8175

the synopsis of the link is this: A guy gets a call that the police and family services are at his house, IN his house and want him to come home and open his safe to verify all his guns are there and registered. No warrant, no nothing, because he posted a pic of his kid holding a 22 caliber ar style rifle.
the DFS female that accompanies the officers refuses to give her name, allow a photo or anything...

And this is how revolutions start. Glad to hear he stood his ground. That could have turned ugly quickly if he had been a little more hot headed. And why does he mention regstration? Are firearms required to be registred in New Jersey

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Its surprising of the people that have no clue about what and/or what not can be done by Law Enforcement and /or DHS..  Paperwork signed by a judge better be in hand if they come to my house.. I have a long, funny story related to my Target practice and the neighbor across the road.. Kind'a unrelated but funny all the same.. My friend at central dispatch told me there was a call last week about some shooting n my neck of the woods.. He asked the caller two questions.. 1. Is it in the county? 2. Is he shooting on his own land? Needless to say the last Deputy that showed up at my house was due to him wanting to shoot my P238 (off duty). Stand your ground people.. Stand your ground..

• Like 4

That's a crock of #$%@.   :mad:

I would have made 100% sure to have gotten that woman's name, any ID, etc.

Yeah I may have made a complete ass of myself, but I would have gotten everyones name, home office and badge number

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
  • Like 3

Its surprising of the people that have no clue about what and/or what not can be done by Law Enforcement and /or DHS..  Paperwork signed by a judge better be in hand if they come to my house.. I have a long, funny story related to my Target practice and the neighbor across the road.. Kind'a unrelated but funny all the same.. My friend at central dispatch told me there was a call last week about some shooting n my neck of the woods.. He asked the caller two questions.. 1. Is it in the county? 2. Is he shooting on his own land? Needless to say the last Deputy that showed up at my house was due to him wanting to shoot my P238 (off duty). Stand your ground people.. Stand your ground..

I can tell the same story, almost word for word.

Phantom 6 just sent me this link. he spoke to someone to verify it..it's legit, folks.

Apparently our more liberal governments feel that the 4th amendment doesn't apply anymore.

http://deloc.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8175

the synopsis of the link is this: A guy gets a call that the police and family services are at his house, IN his house and want him to come home and open his safe to verify all his guns are there and registered. No warrant, no nothing, because he posted a pic of his kid holding a 22 caliber ar style rifle.
the DFS female that accompanies the officers refuses to give her name, allow a photo or anything...

I saw this story on Cam & co. today

It took place in the communist state of New Jersey.

Unbelievable. Not for NJ though. 

• Like 1

Here in Wilson county, lady next door called the County LOE, they showed up at my place, after we

showed him what was going on, asked if he wanted to shoot(got a grin out of him) he went on his way.

All has been good, we shoot about every weekend, and some times on week days.

Where did yours happen?

• Like 1

And he is another Democrat with a "R" next to his name.

Dolomite

After all but French kissing O after Sandy, he's certainly one of the Dem's favorite Republicans right now, I'll say that.

'Course, O, after promising quick and vigilant aid with no red tape, turned his back on that whole mess and it turned into a Katrina type futch up, but somehow we didn't hear so much about that from the MSM.

- OS

Guest AmericanWorkMule

I read one of the responses, how well do you think lying to a cop will go over?

pavnvet Posted on March 19, 2013 at 4:02pm

If a cop comes to your door and asks you if you have any guns, tell him no. It is not illegal to lie to a cop. (It is illegal to lie to a Federal Law Enforcement Officer.) Same thing applies if your state doesn’t require you to inform on a vehicle stop. When I lived in Alaska, you had to inform when asked if there were weapons in the vehicle (up there almost everyone carries). However, here in Pennsylvania, there is no such law. Often though, a cop on a traffic stop will ask if you have any weapons.. The best advice I heard, was just lie (that came from an attorney). You can also not answer any questions, such as where are you coming from, where are you going, how much have you had to drink, etc. Politely state you are not going to answer any question. If the cop asks why? You tell them because under the law you don’t have to. If they tell you, you are being uncooperative. The reply is a simple no, sir (or mam), I am not, I am just not required to answer your questions.

Too many times, people think that being nice will get you off the hook. Most cops that ask those type of questions are looking for an arrest for a bigger charge. Remember if you did nothing wrong than the traffic violation, you have nothing to worry about.

I read one of the responses, how well do you think lying to a cop will go over?

I wouldn't outright lie, but some of the stuff he says is valid. You have no obligation to answer most questions that are usually asked at stops. As far as anyone showing up at my house about a photo on Facebook wanting to see my guns...come back with a warrant and GTFO.

• Like 1

I wouldn't outright lie, but some of the stuff he says is valid. You have no obligation to answer most questions that are usually asked at stops. As far as anyone showing up at my house about a photo on Facebook wanting to see my guns...come back with a warrant and GTFO.

I have a bunch of friends that face book and one of them has his 11 year old laying down behind a Barrett M107A1.  No cops have shown up at his house yet?  I dont think i would go either if i knew there was m107 in the house.

• Like 1

Its surprising of the people that have no clue about what and/or what not can be done by Law Enforcement and /or DHS.. Paperwork signed by a judge better be in hand if they come to my house.. I have a long, funny story related to my Target practice and the neighbor across the road.. Kind'a unrelated but funny all the same.. My friend at central dispatch told me there was a call last week about some shooting n my neck of the woods.. He asked the caller two questions.. 1. Is it in the county? 2. Is he shooting on his own land? Needless to say the last Deputy that showed up at my house was due to him wanting to shoot my P238 (off duty). Stand your ground people.. Stand your ground..
I can tell the same story, almost word for word.

When we hear gunfire around our house we usually break out the guns and start target shooting. It is kinda like smoke signals; you gotta answer Back. I am really glad is guy stood up. I would have been pissed.

JTM
Sent from my iPhone
  • Like 1

We live in north Hamilton County in a somewhat rural subdivision.

A lady in the neighborhood got a new laser sight for her pistol and wanted to try it out at dusk.  Someone called the police and multiple cars showed up at her house.  The deputies found out what was going on.  Then they told her to keep shooting while they were there.  Apparently they wanted to demonstrate to whoever made the phone call that shooting was OK here.

• Like 2