TGO member injured in hunting accident

DaveS

Any thought to his finanicial situation?

He was out of work on workmans comp when this happened. I'm sure they'll need something. They are both proud people (and somewhat stubborn) and probably wouldn't admit it if they did need help. Personaly, I'll give them until the 1st to see how they are doing. Maybe we can send something then. I'm pretty sure anything will be helpful. His wife Jackie is practicaly living up there with him. Send what you want, just don't ask them first!! LOL

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Don, and I read ya'lls posts to him and it really lifted his spirits and made him smile. This is what he needs right now! Don has a 6-8 hour surjery scheduled for tomorrow to reconstruct his ankle and leg. I gave him our best wishes, and his Wife will update me after his surjery.

If anyone wishes to have Don's address to mail him a card, send me a PM and I'll give it to you.

Don and his wife Jackie wishes to thank everyone of you for your moral support during this very difficult time.

And a BIG THANKS from me as well.

Dave S

Edited by DaveS
  • Like 1

He was out of work on workmans comp when this happened. I'm sure they'll need something. They are both proud people (and somewhat stubborn) and probably wouldn't admit it if they did need help. Personaly, I'll give them until the 1st to see how they are doing. Maybe we can send something then. I'm pretty sure anything will be helpful. His wife Jackie is practicaly living up there with him. Send what you want, just don't ask them first!! LOL

Dave S

If needed, maybe we can do something together as TGO.  I'm good for a contribution.

• Like 1

Dave S
If needed, maybe we can do something together as TGO.  I'm good for a contribution.

Great idea.
He has live chickens in his back yard. I think it's safe to say he could use the assistance. :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm sure we can help in some fashion, even if they don't need financial assistance. It appears that DaveS would have as good of an idea as anyone. Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

Folks, just a quick update. Don has reconsructive surjery tomorrow from a plastic surgeon. Monday or Tuesday of next week, he will have orthopedic surjery to rebuild the bones in his leg and ankle. Him and his wife really appreciate the thoughts and prayers sent from the TGO family. Don is doing fairly well today and they seem to have his pain somewhat managed. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

I have permission to release his home address to anyone desiring to send him a card or offer a little help.  Maybe someone who lives in the Knoxville area can handle some donations or ya'll can send them on your own.

If you desire Don's address, please let me know and I'll PM it to you.

This accident has devistated them.

I'll post an update tomorrow night after he gets out of surjery.

For those wanting to know, Don is in room 1014 UT Memorial Hospital

Dave S

Ive been talking to Don several times a day since the accident. They probably won't ask for help, but I know money is tight right now and those medical bills are gonna make life hard. If you guys decide to do a donation I can deliver the funds. The best way to do it would be money orders written out to him I woukd think. I have plans to go see him soon and will be helping out around his place as much as he will let me

Sent from the backwoods of Nowhere
  • Like 1

I'm just going to throw this out there as a possible option, and you who know him can decide if you want to go with it or not.

When several TGOers were kind enough to help my friend and daughters in need, most people donated funds via Paypal's "gift" feature. This way no fees are involved. It seemed to be the simplest and fastest way to handle the situation.

The funds are donated and deposited into the account of Don or whoever is in going to be in charge of this. It usually takes 1-3 days for the money to actually be transfered into the bank account of whoever is on the receiving end. 

If someone who doesn't use Paypal would like to help out, a check or money order will work, too.

Just my  :2cents: 

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 2

I don't know anything about Paypal. Never used it. I don't even know if Don has a PP account. Someone local to him should head this up, or we can just send it as we choose. I talked to Don and Jackie today, and they were very very touched by the members of TGO.

Lets try to put something together. If one of ya'll want to volunteer, please be my guest.

Dave S

Ive been talking to Don several times a day since the accident. They probably won't ask for help, but I know money is tight right now and those medical bills are gonna make life hard. If you guys decide to do a donation I can deliver the funds. The best way to do it would be money orders written out to him I woukd think. I have plans to go see him soon and will be helping out around his place as much as he will let me

If Spots doesn't do Paypal I'd be happy to help facilitate as a middle man. I'm in Knoxville and could just collect and send money to Don. Just let me know. Edited by Lumber_Jack
  • Like 1
I have no problems heading this up. Two members have already contacted me about donating via paypal. I have a paypal buisness account along with a card hooked directly to it so I can withdraw the funds and get them to Don immediatley upon reciept instead of the wait. If you would like to donate via paypal or money order or any other means you can pm me for my paypal address and my street address. Money orders should be made out to Don unless you want me to cash them and take it to him in cash for some reason.

Thanks guys Ill try to update as he updates me

Jordan

• Like 3

I have no problems heading this up. Two members have already contacted me about donating via paypal. I have a paypal buisness account along with a card hooked directly to it so I can withdraw the funds and get them to Don immediatley upon reciept instead of the wait. If you would like to donate via paypal or money order or any other means you can pm me for my paypal address and my street address. Money orders should be made out to Don unless you want me to cash them and take it to him in cash for some reason.

Thanks guys Ill try to update as he updates me

Jordan

You're it! Thank you for doing this.

• Like 1

If Spots doesn't do Paypal I'd be happy to help facilitate as a middle man. I'm in Knoxville and could just collect and send money to Don. Just let me know.

As long as someone local can do it, that's fine with me. I'm in Clarksville and it would be too much delay getting help to them. Thanks for all of ya'lls support in helping out a fellow TGO'r!

Dave S

Another option would be to make a benefit bank account and hook the paypal account up to the benefit bank account and Don or his family can draw out of it as they see fit. Seems like it would be pretty painless and convenient. I have a buddy that set up something like that when a friend's house burned down awhile back. :2cents:

It's amazing what doctors can do! Removing muscle from an abdomen to rebuild an ankle. I can't say much for muscle, but if they can use fat, I can give all the fat they need to help with the process! He can come away with a mighty nice cankle on one leg!

Thanks for the updates!
  • Like 2

It's amazing what doctors can do! Removing muscle from an abdomen to rebuild an ankle. I can't say much for muscle, but if they can use fat, I can give all the fat they need to help with the process! He can come away with a mighty nice cankle on one leg!

Thanks for the updates!

:rofl:  That makes two of us.