road rage; guy carrying instigates fight then draws on them

Sam1

Yeah, jail is where that moron needs to be. 

We had a story up here were a woman was tailgating a guy on a bike, then cut around him almost hitting him, she got stopped at a light, he came up next to her and she shot him to death. Claimed she was in fear for her life. She got a pretty hefty prison sentence for it.

• Like 1

Everyone involved in this incident is incredibly lucky the situation turned out as it did.  It could have been a whole lot worse.  Once he pulled that gun, and especially after firing a shot, the two younger boys had every right to use lethal force against him.  He should be thankful that neither had a gun and returned fire, and the boys should be thankful he was a lousy shot.

All I could think when I saw the wife bring him the pistol was, "It's Adam and Eve all over again boys!" Always the woman getting the man into more trouble I tell ya. :) :leaving:  :hiding: JK Ladies! These two need to be beaten with a sack full of hammers and fed to the dogs. I can't stand when people like this make us look bad! :wall:

Everybody is wrong here, but the dude that was the aggressor got his ass beat down. Little to late to be pulling a gun on a fleeing suspect... the judge will ask " were you in immediate or immanent danger for your life or your wife's?" And that answer is NO... Now, if he's stopped at a red-light after a little rage, and the two guys got out, and stormed his vehicle, that changes the story 100%..

• Like 1

Everybody is wrong here, but the dude that was the aggressor got his ass beat down. Little to late to be pulling a gun on a fleeing suspect... the judge will ask " were you in immediate or immanent danger for your life or your wife's?" And that answer is NO... Now, if he's stopped at a red-light after a little rage, and the two guys got out, and stormed his vehicle, that changes the story 100%..

I wouldn't say that the guy being punched was wrong. The shooter is fortunate they didn't also have a gun because it would have been justifiable to shoot him since he started the attack. He's lucky to get away with just a whoopin.

• Like 1

well lets see -- he aggressed the situation, put his own life in danger......then pulled a weapon.... this is assault followed by aggrivated assault and possible attempted murder.  This guy and his wife are both in big trouble.

Edited by Krull

well lets see -- he aggressed the situation, put his own life in danger......then pulled a weapon.... this is assault followed by aggrivated assault and possible attempted murder.  This guy and his wife are both in big trouble.

I hope they have family to take care of that toddler that was in the back seat because they are about to go away for a bit. Stupid people! I admit I've had some choice words for some drivers out there but come on people, THINK before you act! (rant off)

• Like 1

I hope they have family to take care of that toddler that was in the back seat because they are about to go away for a bit. Stupid people! I admit I've had some choice words for some drivers out there but come on people, THINK before you act! (rant off)

I know right? and I think about before i had a child if someone was tailgating me i would tap my brakes, etc maybe shoot the finger... now I do nothing of the sort.  Nothing is worth putting my life or my child/wife endager.  Now i mumble under my breath and go on. I try not to even look at people that piss me off anymore. 

One time i was on the phone and ran a red light, there was a couple from North Carolina that was coming through the red light.....the guy flipped out and started tailgating me throwing his hand out the window.  I pulled into a side road opposite direction of my house and this guy gets in front of me and slows down trying to block my car in.  i turned off into a gravel parking lot and spun around calling the police....this guy followed me for 20 ,minutes before the police caught up and pulled us over.  They got us both out an I told them the truth, I ran a red light etc. informing the officer that I was armed with a .357 and a permit holder.  He told the guy from NC he was lucky he wasnt able to stop me because had he aggressed toward my vehicle with me blocked in i had every right to defend myself.  The guy rasied hell stating i had almost hit them, the officer told him you cant chase someone for any reason.....you should have called us.  This people should have done nothing or called the police.

People need to think more about what is worth is and what is not.

Edited by Krull

I wouldn't say that the guy being punched was wrong. The shooter is fortunate they didn't also have a gun because it would have been justifiable to shoot him since he started the attack. He's lucky to get away with just a whoopin.

He was wrong in my opinion. HE pulled in behind the other guys, HE got out of his "extension of home", HE aggressed the other guys, and finally for me, HE shot at guys running away... how does that look when he shoots a guy in the back that was running? Granted I know there are a million scenarios, what if they were running to get another weapon or whatever... that is different. They were running because they just beat the crap out of a guy and they don't want to get caught...I think the best thing to do is not get pissed and mind your business. 

He was wrong in my opinion. HE pulled in behind the other guys, HE got out of his "extension of home", HE aggressed the other guys, and finally for me, HE shot at guys running away... how does that look when he shoots a guy in the back that was running? Granted I know there are a million scenarios, what if they were running to get another weapon or whatever... that is different. They were running because they just beat the crap out of a guy and they don't want to get caught...I think the best thing to do is not get pissed and mind your business. 

at this point noone is justified.....They stopped, unless they were "boxed" in which from the video they were not.  Teenage kids that are going to beat down someone, a stupid immature father that is going "to show them whos boss!!" and in the long run what happens? they are all in trouble with the fuzz.  Very stupid on all ends but even dumber for the family that put their child in harms way all for what? pride? honor? at this point who cares.... the should be charged with child endangerment also..

at this point noone is justified.....They stopped, unless they were "boxed" in which from the video they were not.  Teenage kids that are going to beat down someone, a stupid immature father that is going "to show them whos boss!!" and in the long run what happens? they are all in trouble with the fuzz.  Very stupid on all ends but even dumber for the family that put their child in harms way all for what? pride? honor? at this point who cares.... the should be charged with child endangerment also..

I thought I read somewhere that the teens, or 20 somethings, drove to their house and then stopped. Maybe I imagined that though.

Sounds like another story where an older guy instigated a confrontation, got pummeled and decided to shoot.

Heck, even while he was being pummeled he had no right to draw - he instigated it.

Edited by LINKS2K

I think we're talking about the same guy here. I wasn't trying to justify the shooter. I don't see a single thing illegal with what the younger guys did. Notice I said illegal, not smart. You should never pull over to confront a road rager if you can help it, But in the heat of the moment I think they did a great job kicking his rear and stopping when he went down. I don't think they were running away because they were afraid of getting caught, I think they were running away from fear of getting shot.

Edited by gnmwilliams