new garand

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats, I need to make the rtide to their Anniston store.

It's worth the trip, to pick your garand from the rack.  I purchased one a few weeks ago, but the weather hasn't allowed an opportunity to fire it yet.  And it don't look good this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Heard back from the CMP - they're working on March 14 orders today, so it will be minute until they get to mine.  Looks more like 100 days for orders to be processed by the sales department at this point for those wondering about how long the process will take.  For those who have already gone through the process, are ammo purchases taking the same amount of time as the rifle itself?

[url=http://s660.photobucket.com/user/jp_mahoney/media/IMG_0226.jpg.html]IMG_0226.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s660.photobucket.com/user/jp_mahoney/media/IMG_0227.jpg.html]IMG_0227.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s660.photobucket.com/user/jp_mahoney/media/IMG_0225.jpg.html]IMG_0225.jpg[/URL]

Here you go fellas. I have to say. I'm more than pleased with what I have. I wrote a nice note that I sent in with all my paperwork. I thanked them for all  their help right now and let them know I wasn't in a hurry. I asked for some older wood with some character and told them this would be my first Garand would they please pull me aside a good shooter. I also included a small donation. I have no idea if this actually helped, but I would say it didn't hurt any. They sent one that graded out with a muzzle reading of 1+ and a throat reading of 2+. You absolutely can not beat this deal for $650. 

Edited by ShamGlock
  • Like 1