CNN Hacks Meadowview gun show.

Found this on AR15 and it made my blood boil!! I was at this show and If I would have seen this jackwagon filming I would have quickly had him thrown out. There are signs that says no videography or flash photography!! This is garbage!!

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/politics/2013/04/11/ac-pkg-savidge-gun-show-gun-buying.cnn

Edited by CM1021
Guest Broomhead

If the sellers aren't FFLs then there is no need for IDs, paperwork, or questions. Most of us do this to CYA, but it's not necessary. What a crock of male bovine fecal matter.

Why would I ask someone what they are going to do with a gun I sell them? Even if I do ask for ID and a bill of sale, then it's still none of my business what they plan to do with it. If a seller asked me that I'd probably tell them I was going to go home and make love to it, or something else sarcastic.

Guest Broomhead

Oh, I have always asked for ID. I'm not saying that you shouldn't ask for one and probably do a bill of sale, I'm just saying that we do that to cover our butts, but it's not an absolute requirement. They just so happened to neglect that little tidbit of information just to further their agenda and make the sales seem more deplorable.

Edited by Broomhead
Guest MilitiaMan

I buy a lot of private sale items. I always produce my TN DL, HCP and request a bill of sale (more or less a glorified receipt). Just how I do things.

I don't care about a receipt, however I always show my HCP weather buying or selling, and if the other party does not have a HCP that's the only time I feel the need to verify the "felon" thing.

I've bought and sold a bunch here on TGO and this the greatest group of people I've met.

Guest 6.8 AR

David and a state trooper threw one out at the Hendersonville show, a while back. A guy just walked by,

smugly filming everything in the show. It was a hoot!

I always ask for ID to verify they are TN residents. I generally ask for a HCP first and if they say they don't have one I ask why then ask for their TN ID. I also ask if they are allowed to have guns. Then, if the spidey senses don't go off, I sell the gun.

The only time I have a person sign a bill of sale is if the gun has issues. I let them know about the issues then get the buyer to sign a bill of sale saying there are not any warranties.

BTW, I think I have sold probably 5 guns in as many years.

This begs a question though. If a person is doing an "investigation" for a news organization can they break the law and get away with it?

So both the seller and buyer broke the law and no one is going to question that?

Far as I know, no state or federal laws were necessarily broken by the sellers, although it's clear the buyers broke at least federal law, so it would have to be BATF to get involved, eh?

But it is an inconvenient truth that it's easy for a prohibited person to get guns in personal sales in most of the US --  if I couldn't legally purchase from an FFL, you can bet I'd do it at gun shows, 'cause that's simply where the best selection is in one place.

- OS

The sellers should have asked for ID to determine residency, but since they didn't know they were selling to a non-resident (since they didn't ask) they probably didn't break the law...they're just STUPID!

CNN clearly did break the law though, since they knew they were out of state and not legally able to purchase a handgun in another state. But they probably won't be prosecured...another example of not enforcing the laws already on the books. :rant:  

These spineless, latte drinking, took piano lessons in high school, chicken sht, nanny state, communist momma s boys pricks make me sick. Truly pathetic. No wonder Anderson cooper gets his deliveries through the back door by his male fairies. I cannot really say what I would like here.

These spineless, latte drinking, took piano lessons in high school, chicken sht, nanny state, communist momma s boys pricks make me sick. Truly pathetic. No wonder Anderson cooper gets his deliveries through the back door by his male fairies. I cannot really say what I would like here.

Pretty fair start, though. :)

And I wish I had taken piano lessons in high school, instead of trumpet and baritone.

- OS

• Like 1

Let's not point this back at CNN... As responsible gun owners, we should be working and having discussions toward eliminating the sales of guns to mentally unstable and felonious individuals. They did their job and a good one at that. Booo hooo, CNN pointed out that any mentally unstable felon can get a weapon at a gun show. Stop complaining about what they pointed out and work on how we can work together to keep guns in the hands of law abiding and sane citizens. 

• Like 2

Let's not point this back at CNN... As responsible gun owners, we should be working and having discussions toward eliminating the sales of guns to mentally unstable and felonious individuals. They did their job and a good one at that. Booo hooo, CNN pointed out that any mentally unstable felon can get a weapon at a gun show. Stop complaining about what they pointed out and work on how we can work together to keep guns in the hands of law abiding and sane citizens.

we should do it for the children.

Typical Obama supporter....I'm sure you're proud of King Obama's push for gun control. 

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/54663-i-voted-for-obama/

Typical Obama supporter....I'm sure you're proud of King Obama's push for gun control. 

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/54663-i-voted-for-obama/

Damn, you're good :). Fact is though, if we don't police ourselves, somebody else will. CNN drew that blood fair and square. They SHOULD have to answer to the ATF, though. I wonder if anybody has called it to their attention. They bought guns illegally and transported them across state lines.

• Like 4