We HAVE to find a primary challenger for Alexander!!!

Nobody has emerged so far... maybe voting to end the gun conrol filibuster will be the proverbial straw.  I'm not plugged into Tennessee politics the wat some of you folks are, so who can we find?

One historical fact regarding that:

No Republican US Senator has ever lost a reelection primary, and only one has ever lost reelection bid.

But to put that in perspective, we've only had 9 Republican Senators vs 38 Dem ones.

- OS

Not that long ago, nobody thought that we would ever have a GOP-controlled state legislature either.  The right candidate can make this happen... we have to take the state GOP back from the RINO's.  True conservatives have made GOP control of Tennessee happen... if we can do that, we should be able to win control of our own party.

• Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

As much as he is a RINO, he did explain that vote well enough for me. That was to get it out of committee,

which they now know it to be going nowhere. Must have been some smoke filled rooms deal making to kill it.

I thought just about all of them voted on the lame "guns in vehicle at work parking lot" bill. Plan on watching them all claim...look what at we did for you.

Tea Party is probably the way to go if we help push them into office. It really is time for change...And I'm not necessarily a TP guy but I could be.

Lp

Edited by Lowpower
  • Like 1

As much as he is a RINO, he did explain that vote well enough for me. That was to get it out of committee,

which they now know it to be going nowhere. Must have been some smoke filled rooms deal making to kill it.

6.8 are you talking about S. 649 (Manchin-Toomey Bill)?  Do not be led astray, this bill is alive and doing well. They can add all kinds of amendments that will make it palatable to the same RINOS that voted to keep it alive instead of stepping on its head an mashing its brains out.

And to the point that it can not survive a House vote, simply take a look at what Boehner has done in the last year...

Now, if they can somehow tie the bombings in Boston to guns in any way, such as saying it was gunpowder that was used, it would sail through like the wind itself.

Nobody has emerged so far... maybe voting to end the gun conrol filibuster will be the proverbial straw.  I'm not plugged into Tennessee politics the wat some of you folks are, so who can we find?

There has, your just not paying attention. brendalenard.com She ran against Corker last time. Hopefully she can make some big inroads this time. BTW, she is VERY pro 2d amendment.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

6.8 are you talking about S. 649 (Manchin-Toomey Bill)?  Do not be led astray, this bill is alive and doing well. They can add all kinds of amendments that will make it palatable to the same RINOS that voted to keep it alive instead of stepping on its head an mashing its brains out.

And to the point that it can not survive a House vote, simply take a look at what Boehner has done in the last year...

Now, if they can somehow tie the bombings in Boston to guns in any way, such as saying it was gunpowder that was used, it would sail through like the wind itself.

Are you saying it can't be filibustered when it comes up to a full vote, and when amendments are added?

Besides, the House will probably not go with the same bill. Too many of them(all) are up for re-election.

My bet is on this not passing either body. News is hinting to that, also. I didn't say I love Alexander. He's

still a RINO, just like McCain and that Nancy from SC.

A bunch of very rich guys will get together and decide who they want  to send to Washington and you will vote for him. Doesn't matter whether you are talking Republican or Democrat. it is how it is done in this country. Lamarr is entrenched, he is good for at least two more cycles.

• Like 1
Guest PapaB

Are you saying it can't be filibustered when it comes up to a full vote, and when amendments are added?

Besides, the House will probably not go with the same bill. Too many of them(all) are up for re-election.

My bet is on this not passing either body. News is hinting to that, also. I didn't say I love Alexander. He's

still a RINO, just like McCain and that Nancy from SC.

I guess I'm missing your point.

Leave it in committee, it's dead, done, over. If Lamar wanted to kill it, he could have left it alone. Now he's given it a chance for passage. What's his reasoning? To me, it defies logic.

Guest 6.8 AR

Well, it doesn't matter, now. All three proposals went down in defeat today. Obama cried and the NRA

kept the pressure on, along with all the cards and letter from all of us guys.

You are right, it does defy logic. The only thing I can think of is what I thought earlier. It had to be because

since yesterday, the media was broadcasting that none of the three bills(?) had much of a chance, and Rush

said he thought the reason Obama didn't go to the Thatcher funeral, was that he was too busy phoning up

last minute support for one of the bills. I didn't really expect Obama to go near England, anyway. Remember,

He once sent the Queen an Ipod ?

Well, it doesn't matter, now. All three proposals went down in defeat today. Obama cried and the NRA

kept the pressure on, along with all the cards and letter from all of us guys.

You are right, it does defy logic. The only thing I can think of is what I thought earlier. It had to be because

since yesterday, the media was broadcasting that none of the three bills(?) had much of a chance, and Rush

said he thought the reason Obama didn't go to the Thatcher funeral, was that he was too busy phoning up

last minute support for one of the bills. I didn't really expect Obama to go near England, anyway. Remember,

He once sent the Queen an Ipod ?

And a bust of Churchill.

Not that long ago, nobody thought that we would ever have a GOP-controlled state legislature either.  The right candidate can make this happen... we have to take the state GOP back from the RINO's.  True conservatives have made GOP control of Tennessee happen... if we can do that, we should be able to win control of our own party.

Corker is a nitwit too.

He sucks when it comes to being a conservative.

What about Charlie Daniels?