Anybody here have an Arsenal AK?

austin7.62

I recently got a milled SAM7R-61, and I am loving in. I personally am a fan now of the milled receiver. Yeah, it's a little heavier than the stamped receiver, but that little extra weight and a 74 style muzzle brake I added makes for almost no felt recoil. 

So, does anybody here have an Arsenal? Stamped or milled? What is your impression of it? I think I want a stamped 5.45 next.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an SGL-21 I bought here a few years back. I was fond of it, but it was too clean and pretty. I eventually sold it and bought a Romy Kit gun.

The only issue I had was the magwell was too tight to fit Tapco mags. I know that is kind of a nonissue, but it was still something.

Well you will have to find one used, or buy the SAM7R. The SLR-101s is now the SAM model...either way, DO IT!!! Great gun.

When was that model discontinued and are there any differences from the SLR-101S to the SAM7R?

I have an SGL-21, can't go wrong with Arsenal in my opinion. It is a great looking gun and it's pretty accurate. Never had any issues for the 700 or so times I have fired it, and Tapco mags are snug, but they certainly fit in mine. Its a gun I will never sell, just like my m&p9. Only downside is that it is at least 2 pounds heavier than my AR.

I have an SLR-95 that i bought new. I got stupid and broke , so I sold it but was able to buy it back many years later. One of the best rifles I have ever had. I installed the K var stock set and did away with the thumbhole stock. 

When was that model discontinued and are there any differences from the SLR-101S to the SAM7R?

Recently I believe. I confirmed this with Arsenal, and there is no differences to note. Milled receiver still says made in Bulgaria on it. I would get one if you can. The quality blows my Yugo M70 and WASR 10-63 out of the water. The action is soooo smooth. It's Cadillac.

Hey guys, I traded for a Intrac Knox Arsenal Bulgaria AK-47, It is the Hungarian Kit with a milled receiver, any of you guys have any history with one of these? It seems to be built pretty well. 

Never seen one, but I think that must be a SLR-100.