Best Hot Wings.

Guest nraforlife

Guest bkelm18

Regular restaurant wings I'd have to go with BWW. As far as fast food, Zaxby's wings are pretty good if you can get them when they are fresh made and haven't been sitting on a warmer.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooters wings are deliciously battered

I think you are confused, Hooters wings are floured, aren't they?

Batter is a wet concotion, I thought they used a dry coating.??????? I dunno now.

I like Hooters and get them plain with sauce on the side. I hates me some slimy wings.

Mojo Grill in Nashville has the best wings on the planet. They are ginormous. All other wings are a distant second. Trust me on this one.

The Brewhouse/Mojo Grill wings are great. Hemi is right about them being big. Their chipolte barbeque wings are great. They also have a great spicy ranch dipping sauce. Get you a bowl of gumbo or one of their bisque's of the day and some wings and a nice cold beer and you have a great meal.

I also like Hooters 3 Mile Island wings. They are really great the next day cold right out of the refrig.

Eddie has is right on the head. Make 'em at home on the grill.

I like a half sick butter, one cup louisiana hot sauce, one tablespoon of cayanne pepper. Mix over low heat until butter is melted. Cook wings on grill for about ten minutes each side then start applying the sauce. Apply liberally and keep flipping the wings, don't burn them. Gotta watch the sauce as the butter can flame up if you are not watching things.

If lieu of that mix I use Texas Pete's Wing Sauce, Cook the wings as described above.

either recipe beats the heck out of any restaurant.

The Brewhouse/Mojo Grill wings are great. Hemi is right about them being big. Their chipolte barbeque wings are great. They also have a great spicy ranch dipping sauce. Get you a bowl of gumbo or one of their bisque's of the day and some wings and a nice cold beer and you have a great meal.

I also like Hooters 3 Mile Island wings. They are really great the next day cold right out of the refrig.

Have you had their Texas Red Chili? Depending on the day that stuff can light you up! A pint will clean out your sinuses. :lol:

Have you had their Texas Red Chili? Depending on the day that stuff can light you up! A pint will clean out your sinuses. :lol:

Haven't tried that yet. I will the next time I go. I love the place and right now I am working about 3 blocks from the Broadway location. Love going there for lunch.

For regular ol' wings I hit Toot's in Smyrna on Mondays, like Brian N said.

However, my favorite wings are from a little greek/italian place called Cedars. It's on President Place just off Sam Ridley in Smyrna, right by my office. They're totally different. They are cooked with garlic, diced peppers, and green onions. (I love garlic, peppers, and onions) One of the cooks makes them pretty dry (that's how I like them) but sometimes they are a bit runny when on eof the other dudes is in the kitchen. It's kind of a crapshoot as to who you'll get that day.

I like a half sick butter, one cup louisiana hot sauce, one tablespoon of cayanne pepper. Mix over low heat until butter is melted. Cook wings on grill for about ten minutes each side then start applying the sauce. Apply liberally and keep flipping the wings, don't burn them. Gotta watch the sauce as the butter can flame up if you are not watching things.

If lieu of that mix I use Texas Pete's Wing Sauce, Cook the wings as described above.

either recipe beats the heck out of any restaurant.

I know your are weird but come on now, you are going to have to explain what a half sick butter is. :lol::screwy:

I think you are confused, Hooters wings are floured, aren't they?

Batter is a wet concotion, I thought they used a dry coating.??????? I dunno now.

I like Hooters and get them plain with sauce on the side. I hates me some slimy wings.

Here they are battered in their delightful hooter juice :lol:

I like grilled strips also.I use butter and Jamaican Hellfire 4 in 1 hot sauce.Jamaican Hellfire is ten fold tastier then any tabasco.Its more of a sauce then a liquid.Makes for excellent coating!

Guest pjblurton

When in Knoxville I find it hard to pass up Quaker Steak and Lube. Definately the hottest I've ever had. You gotta sign a release before you order the damn things.

In Memphis, I like D'Bo's! Suicidals are awesome. Great flavor without getting too hot.

Thank the gods that someone finally posted a recipe. You folks know I'm very domestic, at least as long as beer might be involved with it.

Any more recipes?

Mars unless you like 'em hot you might want to back off on the cayanne pepper some. Come to think of it I do not know if it is a tablespoon. I always just poured some in the center of my palm and dumped it into the hot

sauce/butter sluice. :crazy::devil:

at least as long as beer might be involved with it.

generally when I do wings on the grill cooking time is determined by how much beer I am ingesting, LOL :tough: And beer is also a good temperature control as well. Grill flames up a little beer on it helps. Of course that works with any food, not just wings.

strick says

Here they are battered

battered it is then. I doubt they do it different here. I always thought dry flour as as the cooks loook like they have dry flour on their shirts. Not to matter, they are good anyway.

There was a place just up the road from where I lived in Boca Raton. They did wings and delivered them too. :no1: If I had to choose I would say they were the best I ever had. They had a rasberrry sauce that was out of this world for the wings. We alsways got sauce on the side. Would get hot and rasberry both. Never been able to find a rasberry sauce close to what they had. have found some around in storwes but it is never as good.

Edited by Mike.357
Thank the gods that someone finally posted a recipe. You folks know I'm very domestic, at least as long as beer might be involved with it.

Any more recipes?

I once had an idea about how to make self cooking beef, but it was quickly squashed. :tough:

While I'm not a big fan of HOT!!! foods, I probably have a couple of pounds of Cayenne in the refrigerator. Stuff like that happens when you buy at Indian (East-Indian) groceries.

I'm more into subtlety. Did I mention I have three (!) pots of Basil growing on the front porch along with the thyme, dill, marjoram, mint and opium....err...I mean poppies? :tough:

Guest Jason F.

Mojo Grill as mentioned before has some of the best wings in Nashville. Hooters, Toot's, and Bufallo Wild Wings all make passable wings but they are far from great.

The best wings I have had however were at Pat O'Brians in New Orleans. They were marinated in their Bloody Mary mix to start off with and then cooked to near perfection.

I do prefer my own to almost everyone else's. I fry mine though not grill them. It is all in using some good seasoning and eating them fresh from the fryer. It is best done in 5lb batches with a few friends and lots off beer.

Mars you can use the butter and louisiana hot sauce recipe without the extra pepper. It is milder and works just fine.

Also you can mix 50/50 with your favorite BBQ sauce. I prefer kraft brown sugar. The sweet and hot goes very well together.

Peroni's on Brainerd Road in Chattanooga has the best in our town. Make sure you get the hottest ones they have. Flour/Breading on wings is just plain wrong. Same thing with using butter...Hot wings are not Buffalo wings.

The way to go is to make your own. You can get the skin crispy and apply your mojo right before you eat them. Peanut oil is a little more $$$ but worth it.

If you make your own sauce...by far the best base that I have found is Crystal hot sauce that can be found at just about any grocer. It is a mild sauce that will not be fighting with your added ingredients. Add some paprika, more vinegar, some red pepper, cayenne/jalapeno/habanero to taste, garlic, and just a very small dab of cinnamon. Let it sit in the fridge for a couple of weeks and you are good to go.

Another place that has great wings is Ritchie's Hot & Spicy Kastle in Madison. Ritchie is an immigrant from Nigeria. Super nice guy and has a great little restaurant. He deep frys his wings naked then coats them in a very good hot sauce.

For those who like insanely hot sauce, he has some. It is by far the hottest stuff I have ever tried. He doesn't advertise it but locals know about it. I was waiting on some food one day when i heard someone ask for some. Well, being the bad ass that I am, I asked to sample the hot sauce. He dipped a toothpick half way into the sauce. 30 minutes later my chest was still hurting from this stuff:stare:

Btw, he also makes a great cajun catfish and dirty rice.

Guest db99wj

There is a place called Tucker's in midtown Memphis. They make theirs nekkid and they come in Honey, mild and hot. The hot will make you sweat, but are still manageable.

Uncle Sam's at Range USA has some decent wings too. Great thing about Uncle Sam's is that I can go and I don't have to disarm!