G23 with ROUGH texture or checkering

I was shooting out at Owl H yesterday and my hand was almost raw. Even after one 10 rd mag, you could easily see the imprint of the finger groove checkering along with the side palm checkering in my hand! It is just too rough/course in my opinion. OK, let the smart remarks start!! 

I have a few glocks but this one seems to be done in 10 grit sand paper....lol

SO, does anyone have reccomnedations for either filing, sanding or smoothing out the roughness just a little?

Thanks!

Well Stainless looks like you only have 2 options to correct the grip issue on that fine looking gun. You could as Garufa has suggested by a grip sleeve and just continue to shoot the gun as is. I would not recommend this approach as I feel this just covers up the problem while failing to remedy the root cause of said grip issue. I think we both know this would not be the best course of action in the long run.

After looking at your picture this appears to be a standard gen 3 glock that should not be giving any grip to hand contact issues. I suspect that all that is needed in this situation is my custom glock grip conditioning program. I have used this program with all my glocks and can say it has been 100 percent successful. I find that after completing the program none of my glocks hurt my hands at all. Stainless I am willing to offer you this program absolutly free just for the opportunity to let all our fellow tgo friends know about this new program.

Stainless just send your glock to me along with 3000 rounds of fmj ammo and I will use my calloused hands to rework that grip into a grip that you will love. If after the first session I don't feel the grip is what you want you just send another 3000 rounds of fmj ammo and I will do another session absolutly free. My method does not require the use of sandpaper or other destructive methods used by other people to custom fit the grip to your hand. Stainless when you get your custom grip glock back you won't be disappointed. Just pm me for shipping details and I will even pay shipping cost to my house.
  • Like 1
Maybe lay a soft cloth on the grip and heat/press the rough area with a hot flat iron. I don't know cause I've never tried it but seems like it would flatten/smooth the stippling. Otherwise a fine grit sandpaper on a block is probably the easiest.

Either of those methods might mar the finish though.... Dunno Edited by Batman

I thought it was a RTF or a gen. 4, but if that gen. 3 is to aggressive for you....
I'd take Garufas advice or get a Hogue grip.
If you were a little closer I could let you try the grip I put on mine.D550600B-0288-4658-A14C-D70F40C2A8BD-32132AC0CC7-D598-486A-979E-11E76E60141C-321

Nice, who did the work?

Well Stainless looks like you only have 2 options to correct the grip issue on that fine looking gun. You could as Garufa has suggested by a grip sleeve and just continue to shoot the gun as is. I would not recommend this approach as I feel this just covers up the problem while failing to remedy the root cause of said grip issue. I think we both know this would not be the best course of action in the long run.
After looking at your picture this appears to be a standard gen 3 glock that should not be giving any grip to hand contact issues. I suspect that all that is needed in this situation is my custom glock grip conditioning program. I have used this program with all my glocks and can say it has been 100 percent successful. I find that after completing the program none of my glocks hurt my hands at all. Stainless I am willing to offer you this program absolutly free just for the opportunity to let all our fellow tgo friends know about this new program.
Stainless just send your glock to me along with 3000 rounds of fmj ammo and I will use my calloused hands to rework that grip into a grip that you will love. If after the first session I don't feel the grip is what you want you just send another 3000 rounds of fmj ammo and I will do another session absolutly free. My method does not require the use of sandpaper or other destructive methods used by other people to custom fit the grip to your hand. Stainless when you get your custom grip glock back you won't be disappointed. Just pm me for shipping details and I will even pay shipping cost to my house.

Let's work out a deal, ok? Shipping to Hermitage is 5k. I will even give you the ammo for free. Back at ya. LoL
  • Like 3

How did you undercut the trigger guard?  That is my one complaint with Gen 3 19/23's.  Not enough room between it and that stupid finger groove.

A lot of elbow grease. ;0)

That's what led me to do mine. I held a friends that had been undercut and loved it, I didn't want to pay $80 to have it done so I did it myself. I showed my friend and mine was so much cleaner he had me rework his.

It's amazing how a little work can make a Glock feel not so Glock like. lol

B2FA060D-05A5-4A61-A11F-ECF496EAF449-475

945F7400-7EC9-4BA7-84DB-B26A944761C3-475

I have a well worn G22 gen 3 that I put an ATK grip tape kit on, and I have a G22 gen 3 RTF.

They are ruff, but wont slip out of my hand.

I can about sand wood with my hands.