War dogs need good homes .

Guest RedLights&Sirens
I would love the oppurtunity to adopt a military working dog. This is an incredible cause to support. Unfortunatley, its just not possible for me right now. Someday maybe.
Guest Darth Maul
I have far more compassion for these dogs, most dogs in general, than I do people. If my home weren't so full of pets now I would gladly take one in.
I volunteer with several animal rescues locally. I don't recommend the SPCA, they solicit for donations but shelter after shelter never sees the money they claim to be raising. Cnn did a follow on this program & this director woman who was under investigation for her previous organization for katrina dogs in komifornia. http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/us/animal-charity-investigation

95% of service dogs are adopted by their handlers. There is a waiting list usually of 300+ people to adopt from Lackland air. Some are euthanized for health reasons. Robby's Law ~2000 made a lot of changes to service dog regs. Most all service dogs from the military are brought back & accounted for. She was promoting dogs from a contractor, that the contractor claims to have adopted to nearby countries. Overall, I've seen little benefit from the spca.
Id recommend 'military working dog adoptions', 'save a vet', 'operation military k-9' or 'US war dogs association'. There are dogs in need but I think the spca & this program do little to help them. Sorry.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2
Guest RedLights&Sirens

... I don't recommend the SPCA, they solicit for donations but shelter after shelter never sees the money they claim to be raising.

But but but... Sarah McGlouglin offered me a beautiful t-shirt and showed me a bunch of cute kittens. This cant be true!

SPCA and PETA.. both scammers..

Go to a local shelter and adopt.. or go scour the country side for dropped off pets that people discarded like a wet snotrag.. its disgusting.

I would love to be able to adopt more dogs and any other animal but my boxer despises anything else besides his Lilly ( husbands dog) and our 3 cats.

Zapfbroad gave all the links you need ..anything else is crapp

For the record, these are contract working dogs that they are referring to. Go to SPCA and try to adopt one of these. You will learn quickly that they are looking for money. They want you to pay to get these dogs out of foreign countries as well.
True Military Working Dogs if adoptable get homes. A quick google search will take you to the military's website. There is a long waiting list, most handlers or other service members get 90% of them before joe public gets a shot.

But but but... Sarah McGlouglin offered me a beautiful t-shirt and showed me a bunch of cute kittens. This cant be true!

Sara McLachlan did a commercial for the ASPCA which is different than  the SPCA (aka SPCAI).

The ASPCA is generally regarded as reputable, runs shelters, etc. It spends a large portion of its income on its actual programs, but like any really big organization also spends a lot of it on fundraising efforts. It's not the best charity in the world, but a far cry better than the crooks at SPCA who are intentionally counting on the average Joe thinking they are the ASPCA.

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=3286

Edited by monkeylizard
Guest Lester Weevils

They ain't war dogs (unless you happen to be in a coon war) but came across this video of a big old mess of hounds that need somebody's couch to sleep on--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=5KikKLw4WJQ

My brother got to keep his bomb dog when they retired her. He said all the guys keep them.

The handlers can't get them until the dog is unfit for service. What happens is most handlers move, have to leave their dog behind with a new handler. The new handler gets the dog and may use it for a while before getting a new dog and then the old handler attached to the old dog doesn't have the resources or room to get his old dog. The dog then goes up for grabs to other handlers, service members, or joe public. Police agencies get first dibs before the dogs even current handler gets an opportunity.