Florida man's gun collection draws attention

He's got a lot of nice pieces that's for sure, I've a bad feeling some agency will be along shortly to confiscate them "in the order of preserving public safety" or some other such nonsense though.

Or maybe I'm just being pessimistic today.

115 guns is a MASSIVE gun collection?

I know a few old guys who have twice to three times that....easily.

It's a LOT of guns to me obviously but hardly a massive collection by American Gun Nut standards.

I'm with you. I know some folks in Florida that have similar collections who just don't post them on Instagram every day. Kudos to this guy in regard to trying normalizing something that is already normal amongst non-bedwetters. Some of the quotes in the article are typical, especially the one about Americans not "needing" weapons such as this. They just don't get it and never will. Nobody "needs" a swimming pool either, and they kill more kids in a year than assault weapons do in a decade.
Guest 6.8 AR

I know of a few in middle TN with bigger collections than his. He just likes to show his. Sometimes discretion is

a good thing, though.

I saw a picture of a guy's gun VAULT in California that puts this guy's collection to shame. Yes, the collection was accumulated before they banned everything. He had multiple MP5's. :)

He's a HK collector, I know a person who took 3 HK's off his hands

Guest RedLights&Sirens
Now that the secret is out, this guy needs to buy a boat.

Collector my butt, I dont see any Glocks or 1911s. Then again its kinda hard for me to make out the few handguns in that pic.
Guest RedLights&Sirens

Rookie! :D

A Glock collector? Now that's funny! :rofl:

I pull the trigger, it goes bang. What else more do I need lol.

Is your gun dishwasher safe? /sarcasm

I hope he has a great home security system.  That has to be north of $50,000.  Well, maybe not. I see several SKS and some Mosin Nagants that he might have bought a few years ago. Still, I wouldn't want to publicize that I had such a valuable collection... too many bad guys out there.

Guest drv2fst

A guy that used to work for me in Memphis had inherited his fathers gun collection.  He had discovered over 1,000 and was finding more all the time.  His father had rented storage lockers and paid up years in advance.  He had crates of guns at relatives houses.  He hid most of the collection from the wife.  Everett would come into the office and show me a new gun that I had never seen before 2-3 times / week.

He's a HK collector, I know a person who took 3 HK's off his hands

This was much more than HK's. Racks and racks of pistols, rifles, and shotguns. He was a member of the Team Shelby car forum for awhile until they pissed him off. He lives in the Oakland area. He offered to sell me one of the MP5's but I didn't have the cheese to do it. :(

I hope he has a great home security system.  That has to be north of $50,000.  Well, maybe not. I see several SKS and some Mosin Nagants that he might have bought a few years ago. Still, I wouldn't want to publicize that I had such a valuable collection... too many bad guys out there.

I believe your number is a bit low.

The 3 SVDs alone would bring over 15k

The rpk is close to 3K

the krink is likely 2K

I dont see a single run of the mill ar in the bunch.. (and there are at least 9 ) easy 1.5k each after optics

Mp5, (could be a copy) just to be on the super conservative side: 2k

fs2000 2k+

Hk45 tactical 1.1k

HK SL8-6 2k, not including the thermal/ night vision sight. (hard to tell exactly what is

Psl 1k

Not counting any of his nfa items or tax stamps (i would guess there is a pre 86 gun in there as well. We are well over the 30 k mark with just a few of these guns.

Edited by 87toy

I'm sure the guy is having the time of his life with what he enjoys, and probably is amazed with his new found celebrity, but by my definition, he's not a collector, but an acquirer or accumulator.  All of the gun collectors I have known had a specific focus on what they were collecting, such as pre-war this or Mauser that.  Even those who collect stamps, coins or other unique objects don't take in a hodge podge of items but are very selective as to what they bring into their collection.  Even I am a collector of post marital kitschy junk.  :cool:

• Like 1