A whole new level of civil disobedience....

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

One problem with the whole thing is a legal one.

While DC is a "federal district", it is also a municipal government, and it is under the municipal realm that carry and certain firearms/mags are banned. Sort of like trying the same thing in NYC as far as that goes.

I halfway hope it happens and has a huge turnout, but I halfway fear the worst, and overall losing ground in the aftermath. Have to admit that mine and Alex's sentiments are in sync on this one.

- OS

Guest Darth Maul
When I think of this march I can't help but think of the scene from Zombieland when Bill Murry zombies into the movie theatre in his home. I'm pretty sure while he lay there with a shotgun blast to the chest his character was thinking "Man, just a few minutes ago this really seemed like such a great idea."

I bet many of the marchers will be saying the same thing on July 4th, for one reason or another.
Guest RedLights&Sirens
Cant disagree with you on that OS, not in the least bit. If this cost us to lose rather than gain ground, Im sure it would be a very large loss. But, like the 2A states in plain english "shall not be infringed." So if we do lose because we are exercising our rights peacefully against unconstatutional laws, then maybe it will wake more up that more than just voting and letter writing is nessecarry.
Guest Darth Maul
That's just it though Red. You said peacefully. All it will take is one federal plant or some actual head case akd the whole thing goes south in a hurry. I don't believe there will be a massive shootout because I'm pretty sure that most of the people that are following this guy will throw their guns down the second the PD or military or whoever have them in thwir crosshairs. That's just my take on the type of people that will be in this march. I could be wrong.
Guest 6.8 AR

I wonder about how the sentiment about Benghazi has changed around here. I see all that on one news channel,

at least, when I decided to turn it back on and see what was going on there. Does that matter to anyone? It sure as

heck does to me. What will we let happen if they try to blow that off, like Hillary did, the time when she said "we can't

do anything about it, now!", almost screaming that in front of Issa's committee, like the arrogant fool she is if she

can't have her way. She should be in prison, along with Holder, like I said earlier.

What I'd really like to know is when are the excusers going to finally say "Enough!" to all this, and quit following along with

Obama's blaming Bush attitude? It really gets old rationalizing away one's behavior by throwing something else out there.

Those men tried to do their damned job: protect an American consulate, along with those other people, and they had

the resources waiting to go in and help them. People should be tried for treason for what happened in Benghazi:

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. They failed to uphold their oath of office and people died as a result of it.

Richard Nixon resigned in disgrace after Watergate, yet no one died. This current President allowed good men to

die and no one seems to know where he was that night. We knew where he was when "He" killed bin Laden, don't we?

I think there ought to be a lot more folks pissed off over this, and I don't understand it. If there ever was a good reason

to be angry as Hell at our current administration, regardless of what color his skin is, it is now, and he should be made

to answer and pay for his actions.

Guest 6.8 AR

One problem with the whole thing is a legal one.

While DC is a "federal district", it is also a municipal government, and it is under the municipal realm that carry and certain firearms/mags are banned. Sort of like trying the same thing in NYC as far as that goes.

I halfway hope it happens and has a huge turnout, but I halfway fear the worst, and overall losing ground in the aftermath. Have to admit that mine and Alex's sentiments are in sync on this one.

- OS

I share your sentiment, Mac, but isn't the 2nd Amendment a bigger legal issue? There are some issues that just won't

go away.

Guest RedLights&Sirens
Im not saying this plan is without flaws and I really dont know anything about its organizer. Im just saying that voting seems to have failed and if illegal immigrants become legal it will only get worse. I dont want war but maybe the time to pick up our guns is closer than we realize. Hopefully the elections to come will prove me wrong.

I share your sentiment, Mac, but isn't the 2nd Amendment a bigger legal issue? There are some issues that just won't

go away.

Well, however we feel about it, it is illegal.

Illegal right here in Tennersee, too, assuming there's ammo involved. What would the Nashville police do if we made it plain we were showing up there with loaded ARs?

- OS

Guest RedLights&Sirens

Illegal right here in Tennersee, too, assuming there's ammo involved. What would the Nashville police do if we made it plain we were showing up there with loaded ARs?

- OS

Going back to the whole, "shall not be infringed" issue and how voting has not stopped some infringments over the years, at what point do we make the stand the Second was created for?

The Benghazi thing, not sure what the response or sentiment was, but being that I was in the military, saying they could get enough assets on the ground to inflict pain is BS. If we can get Seals to HALO into the Indian ocean to take out a pirate, we could have gotten boots on the grounds to prevent what happen at the CIA Annex. And I'm not wearing my tin foil hat, yet. 

Guest 6.8 AR

- OS

You know I'm not encouraging illegal activity, but I am the civil disobedience. The opposition is encouraging outright

mutiny on the ship called America, by passing unjust laws and sometimes reverting to their own acts of terrorism.

That's why I mentioned Bill Ayers, from all those years ago. That one just came up, at a glance, but there have been

others more recently.

There will come a time when we stand up to those unjust laws and send someone else to the jails. I hope to see it

very soon, too.

Going back to the whole, "shall not be infringed" issue and how voting has not stopped some infringments over the years, at what point do we make the stand the Second was created for?

Yes, I know. Civil disobedience MEANS breaking the law.

Somehow though, we don't get Rosa Parks type results from a single or even group protest. I think the problem may just be that we need larger participation, and with some movie stars or something to lead it. Where is our Martin Luther King? (and no, it ain't The Nooge).

A few thousand rank and filers is just too easily dismissed as The Lunatic Fringe.

- OS

Guest Darth Maul

Im not saying this plan is without flaws and I really dont know anything about its organizer. Im just saying that voting seems to have failed and if illegal immigrants become legal it will only get worse. I dont want war but maybe the time to pick up our guns is closer than we realize. Hopefully the elections to come will prove me wrong.

I don't like the idea of the armed march but I do agree with everything you said above.
Guest 6.8 AR

The Benghazi thing, not sure what the response or sentiment was, but being that I was in the military, saying they could get enough assets on the ground to inflict pain is BS. If we can get Seals to HALO into the Indian ocean to take out a pirate, we could have gotten boots on the grounds to prevent what happen at the CIA Annex. And I'm not wearing my tin foil hat, yet. 

The response was "no big deal", "stand down". It came from Hillary, Panetta, and the President was nowhere to be seen.

The fight lasted over eight hours. Don't tell me they couldn't have done something. Wasn't the flight time from Sigonella

a couple hours? I also remember hearing of assets inside Libya who were told to stand down. Even if the inflicting pain

ability was minimal, do you just let your Soldiers die, thinking American Soldiers had their backs.

That whole episode in tragedy was planned, by the summary reduction in security of that consulate, knowing something

would happen. Those four inflicted pain. They deserved much better from their country.

Guest RedLights&Sirens

Yes, I know. Civil disobedience MEANS breaking the law.

Somehow though, we don't get Rosa Parks type results from a single or even group protest. I think the problem may just be that we need larger participation, and with some movie stars or something to lead it. Where is our Martin Luther King? (and no, it ain't The Nooge).

A few thousand rank and filers is just too easily dismissed as The Lunatic Fringe.

- OS

I agree that it would most likley be dismissed as such.

Unfortunatley the closest thing (today) in the celebrity world to Charelton Heston are people like Honey Boo Boo, Kim Kardashian and Niki Minaj. Im not saying they even remotley compare to his talent, just the equivalant to his fame. Honestly beyind gun forums I didnt hear a whole lot even from the "demand a plan" celebrities. Put the three in that I mentioned and it would be world news, even if aliens made first contact with us.
Guest RedLights&Sirens

I don't like the idea of the armed march but I do agree with everything you said above.

If it is any consolation I dont like it either. I just dont know what else is left for options. Like I said, I hope future elections prove me wrong.
Guest 6.8 AR

Screw movie stars. A plain old American, any day of the week. When everyday Americans finally learn to act

with resolve against these communists, they will turn and run faster than you think. We know the answers, but

it appears we are unwilling to admit it.

Just try to remember why Japan wouldn't attack our mainland. They knew. Our war is already from within.

Something a Japanese Emperor wouldn't imagine at all.

Edited by 6.8 AR

I'd rather see a tamer first step like a million people marching on the capital for a non-permit protest to gum up the works. Surround the capital and senate/congress office buildings, make it difficult for legislators to get to work, or at the very least make them all walk a gauntlet of angry constituents demanding a return to fiscal conservatism, fairness in taxation, respect for the BoR, etc.

I'd be up for participation in something like that.

Edited by wtl
Guest 6.8 AR

Nothing wrong with that. But the idea of passing laws so you can't do something with an inanimate object

is ridiculous, so I don't have a problem with carrying firearms as props, or whatever you want to call it.

Symbolism from the opposition. They hanged Bush in an effigie once, burned him on another. What's good

for the goose...

It's also funny that Washington, DC is such a high crime rate area, with so few guns around, except those

in police and DHS hands. When you look at stats about gun carry, you would think it would be welcome to

have visitors expressing their rights in a peaceful demonstration. Nothing wrong with whooping up a crowd

of protesters to get more welfare from everyone who has a buck or two left to be taxed out of. Why not? Why

can't we do the same in defense of something this country was founded on? Because we obey laws and they

don't, regardless whether the laws are just or not.

That will change, one way or another. When you get moved out of your comfort zone and realize some things

can't just be wished away, or voted away.

Keep in mind, the anti-gunners are against a wall now.  They're desperate, angry, and focused.  All it takes is for one leftist nut to think, "Wouldn't it be funny if I infiltrated this march and just let off a few rounds for giggles?"

"This is Wolf Blitzer reporting live from our 24/7 coverage of the ASSUALT ON THE CAPITAL" . . . cue Michael Bay music and flashy, blood-soaked, bullet-holed graphic.

It'll be the Brady Campaign version of the Wonder Twins:

Failed gun legistation. . . RE-ACTIVATED

FORM OF. . . an Assault Weapons Ban.

I have been to DC on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks. There were metal detectors set-up everywhere and no gun signs all over the place. Even if he can get armed people to march it will be a non-event other than a photo op. They will be stopped at the bridge. If they try to get by the cops; they will be arrested.

I have already tried the civil disobedience thinking I would fight for my rights in court. They just threw me in jail; they will do the same to him. The problem he may have is that he just made the threat of violence if the Police try to stop them.

If 10,000 people showed up with loaded rifles?  Absolutely nothing, except there would be a bill introduced the next day to make it legal.  

You don't pick a fight you can't win, and you don't give an order that you can't enforce.  Only a complete idiot of a police chief would do anything.

Laws against stuff only work when you can scare people into following them, the instant they show up in force and out number you 3 to 1, you just have to back down and wait for another day.  Otherwise you risk starting a shoot out where your officers are out gunned and out numbered.

Here is a perfect example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJzyN0ykMBg

100+ people show up at your 20 officer police department, walk inside, sit down and light up weed and pass it around...  What happens, nothing...  They can't enforce laws, their little town can't lock up 40 or 50 people, or provide them speedy trials, or feed them when they refuse the conditions of bail.

What does MNPD do with 10,000 people even if they could arrest them?  We don't have that many free beds across the jails in the state, the courts in Nashville would spend 100% of their time convicting those people for the next 3 to 4 years.

The 'control' part of our society really depends on sheeple doing what they're told, if a relatively small minority tell them to shove it all at once, there is nothing they can really do about it.

- OS

• Like 3
For a moment consider the source of this man's funding back when he was an anti-war protester running around with leftist organizations with far leftist benefactors. Now consider that a major source of revenue for his "show" was from a non-profit that is funded by the Russian government. Getting arrested for BS stunts occasionally isn't so bad so long as the paychecks keep coming.

I predict everyone who participates will have their firearm confiscated. And there will be at least one negligent discharge most likely from someone sent there by CNN to hold a racist sign or do something that they can focus on besides the second amendment.

This