A whole new level of civil disobedience....

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Last item, as some stated, play stupid games win stupid prizes.. Among the group their will be one idiot, that will just being finger ####ing his weapon and then it's game on.. And we are going to be back to square 1. 

This is inevitable. Always will be someone at the party who pisses in the punchbowl.

The question will be who flinches first-- the protesters or the crowd control folks?

Someone will screw up and ruin it for all involved. As my dad used to tell us as kids, "this is why we can't have nice things."

Edited by tartanphantom
Guest 270win

DC is full of foreigners who work there on green cards just like NYC.  The place is not like the rest of real America.  People in DC have no understanding of the 2nd Amendment because you have to go through so many hoops to legally buy a firearm to keep at your home or business.   Plus most of the foreigners come from places with very restricted gun ownership. 

I believe that you have the right to carry a firearm however you wish in DC, but I don't think until there is a law change, anyone who possesses or especially carries one illegally would get much support from the population and legal system in DC.  Pure possession there without their special license seems to be a misdemeanor.  I would bet carrying illegally is a pretty big hassle.  I don't get the impression that the view of illegal gun carry in DC is the same as in TN where it is generally a fine and no jail time for someone with a clean record.

Fellas, the problem with DC, is unique to DC, sure there's DC cops, but most of it is Secret Service Uniform, plus all the other LEO agencies in that area, the closer you are to different building the different LE agencies that will respond. Once again, I'm not against it, just think there's a better way... 

Baby steps. Not full on armed protest. Most people who would show up would be un-armed simply because they don't want to go to jail. Just like paying taxes, most people do it because they are afraid of being put into a cage.( Taxes are supposed to be voluntary, but people are told it is mandatory).

If you watch any of Adam Kokesh's videos, they arrest people for simply "dancing" at the Jefferson Memorial. What makes anyone think they won't do something worse to anyone openly carrying a rifle or pistol, loaded or not?

I would like to see it one day allowed constitutional carry everywhere in the U.S. but until that day happens, we have to play by the rules and chip away at these stupid gun laws, piece by piece. Going in armed, is going to set a bad example, and make us look like a bunchof crazies. I fear it may further galvanize the anti-gun movement.

...If you watch any of Adam Kokesh's videos, they arrest people for simply "dancing" at the Jefferson Memorial. What makes anyone think they won't do something worse to anyone openly carrying a rifle or pistol, loaded or not?

Yep. I can't quote any DC laws, but I'd be surprised if they aren't written such that carrying an unloaded gun in public is prohibited too.

- OS

It would be interesting to see the march done with rubber ducks to me that should meet both the intent of an "Armed march" and prevent them from breaking the law

This could work, but someone will complain about the rubber ducks as well. 

That's the whole problem, isn't it? That old "symbolism over substance" thing.

Yup. But imagine 1000+ open carrying blue handguns  and blue long rifles. Still the same message and no one gets hurt.. 

Not the same message...  one says we're sheep and even though you violate or God given rights that are protected by the 2nd amendment, we will submit to your unconstitutional laws...

The other says, you're in power only because we choose not to remove you from power, so shape up or we'll ship you out.  10,000 armed people is the same size as an Army division not something you 'over look' when marching around your town.

Yup. But imagine 1000+ open carrying blue handguns  and blue long rifles. Still the same message and no one gets hurt.. 

As much as I'd love to see this "armed march" happen, I just think it will backfire, mostly because there are folks who would do everything imaginable in order to make it backfire.

It'd be way too easy for "them" to sabotage the event & perhaps even turn it into a gigantic blood bath.

The Boston Massacre (the original one) is a good example of just such a peaceful protest/march was purposely turned into a disasterous historical event by agitators.
In order to have civil disobedience laws must be broken. It's one of the best ways to show the gov that they are not the ones in control. Of course, going locked and cocked isn't going to get that message across. We'll only look like lunatics and fruitcakes, and it opens the possibility for NDs or one crazy who decides to attend the event so he can "start the war" by firing at law enforcement from amongst the armed demonstrators. Don't think that could happen? Think of the type of person who will show up to this thing. Oh yes it could happen and it would be the biggest disaster for gun rights.

Like I said, if they want to make a point they could just show up (unarmed) carrying a 30 rd magazine, which is illegal in DC. It would send the message without making both sides trigger happy.

I predict everyone who participates will have their firearm confiscated. And there will be at least one negligent discharge most likely from someone sent there by CNN to hold a racist sign or do something that they can focus on besides the second amendment.

My thoughts exactly, minus CNN specifically. I think something like this would be fine, if two million show up, 1,999,999 may be there to peacefully support the Second Amendment; but it only takes that one idiot\tool\sheep to reverse the message.

I predict everyone who participates will have their firearm confiscated. And there will be at least one negligent discharge most likely from someone sent there by CNN to hold a racist sign or do something that they can focus on besides the second amendment.

This would be too good an opportunity for the liberal media.  They will engineer an incident and the result will not be good.

I know it sounds appealing to do something "in their face" like this armed march but I believe it will be a terrible mistake.

First of all, I think so few will actually show up that it will just look silly and make 2A supporters look small and weak.

Second; one "plant" who is there to make an incident happen and you go from a peaceful march to an ugly mob that has to be quelled...I guarantee you that if "we" use violence or appear to use violence then WE LOSE and the facts won't matter.

Third; I believe the most effective ways to exert pressure is to keep doing what many have been doing and that more need to do which is to stay hard on the backs of all those elected blowhards in DC so they continue to defeat those who want to strip of us of our rights.

....First of all, I think so few will actually show up that it will just look silly and make 2A supporters look small and weak.

Worst than weak, "lunatic fringe". Though I'm not sure just how many would need to attend to change the MSM's portrayal as that.

- OS