A whole new level of civil disobedience....

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

According to http://www.adamvstheman.com/open-carry-march-on-washington-opencarry130704/ there is a planned armed Open Carry March on Washington D.C. scheduled for July 4th 2013. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwsqDMUYlvw

I don't know if we as a country are ready for this level of civil disobedience. I have very mixed feelings about the event and how this is gonna be portrayed in the MSM. I hope that if the event does happen that all involved are peaceful and do not engage in violence.

That's just a bad idea. I'm all for a march on Washington for gun rights and would love to see millions of 2A supporters swarm Washington but openly armed with rifles will look too much like an assault on the capital.

Unless they want to be martyrs since when there is a standoff involving every LE agency in the area it will not end well. If they are lucky they will all go to jail on federal charges. Unlucky and there will be a lot of dead on both sides and that doesn't help anyone. All it takes is one shot, accidental or not.
This has bad idea written all over it, DC is a liberal stronghold w/huge amounts of Home Land Security personnel - seems like a very bad idea for a bunch of right-wing folks to have an armed march in a place where the carrying of civilian firearms are so strictly vorboten.

I would expect a massive armed LEO response, and any resistance to disarming & detaining of the protestors would immediately be quelled, then lauded as some sort of "mass terror attack on DC" ...

Then again I am feeling a bit "glass half empty" today.
Would be less aggressive and make the point better to just do an event like this with no weapons, yet carry something openly that is innocuous and harmless, yet highly illegal, like a high capacity magazine. Obviously they can't arrest thousands of people for brandishing a 30 rd mag, and it would make the point that arresting people for possessing a harmless piece of metal and plastic is silly. I think something like that would make the point better rather than having an armed march on DC. Plus the organizer is of questionable background.
  • Like 3
Guest 6.8 AR

Whether or not one agrees with the style of his venture, the 2nd Amendment ensures his ability to show

and carry his firearm in a "civil" act of disobedience. The media will destroy his attempt, however, by helping

people like Homeland Security to turn this into something it isn't. If it was an event with several million people,

it might have an impact that would tell the Republican members of Congress to keep up the fight, though.

It could also have a negative impact with all the sheep pushing for more anti-gun legislation.

But for those who are worrying about "style" over "substance", you might wake up. The rules are changing.

It's this constant demonization of the weapon, always forgetting the man using it.

Edited by 6.8 AR
Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Would be less aggressive and make the point better to just do an event like this with no weapons, yet carry something openly that is innocuous and harmless, yet highly illegal, like a high capacity magazine. Obviously they can't arrest thousands of people for brandishing a 30 rd mag, and it would make the point that arresting people for possessing a harmless piece of metal and plastic is silly. I think something like that would make the point better rather than having an armed march on DC. Plus the organizer is of questionable background.

So you are saying the Adam Kokesh is a man with a questionable background??? For gods sake he is a veteran that served in the beloved Marine Corps.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Kokesh

Edited by ArmyVeteran37214
Very mixed feelings on this. It would be far to easy for this protest to turn into a bloodbath, which would almost certainly be the tipping point for some of the House/Senate members who currently vote with us.

I do believe the better option would be to march with a hi-cap magazine, folding stock, etc but not an actual firearm.

Whether or not one agrees with the style of his venture, the 2nd Amendment ensures his ability to show
and carry his firearm in a "civil" act of disobedience. The media will destroy his attempt, however, by helping
people like Homeland Security to turn this into something it isn't. If it was an event with several million people,
it might have an impact that would tell the Republican members of Congress to keep up the fight, though.

It could also have a negative impact with all the sheep pushing for more anti-gun legislation.

But for those who are worrying about "style" over "substance", you might wake up. The rules are changing.

It's this constant demonization of the weapon, always forgetting the man using it.

Agreed, but the reality of the matter is that the Constitution doesn't protect anyone from anything anymore.

Well unless your gay or a minority, or better yet a gay minority.

Sorry but that's a train wreck waiting to happen. I understand civil disobedience as a means to protest, but if you have ever been in DC. Open Carry is not something to do unless you are wearing  LEO uniform or are part of any of the alphabet soup agencies that are allowed to carry. Seriously too many damn agencies that will respond to any little thing.. 

Edited by Joseg
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, everything is a train wreck away from perdition. Just don't speak your mind and let it all fall into slavery.

Tyranny! People must love it, nowadays.

Until you get the media and the "polls" showing that this assault on firearms is wildly unpopular, other ways

will have to be eventually considered. I don't want anyone to get shot, and I don't want a civil war, but I see it

happening, one day. The ballot box is going to be always the preferential first course to quell tyranny, but

when that one way finally convinces people it isn't working, are you going to make sure you have your best

Armani's and on when you present yourself to get your point across?

The guy is frustrated with the way things are going. We are talking about it on this forum. There are multitudes

changing their minds on this subject, daily. We are acting civilly about this, also. What happens when this won't

work? Is this guy a criminal, or is our perception being clouded by unicorns, fairies and the media? What happens

when voter fraud is the event of the day in elections, which was what happened last election, and people won't

even talk about it.

How is Hillary going to get away with her role in Benghazi. Remember that? I wish she would get jail time on that.

I also wish Holder would get the cell next to her about Fast and Furious.

Style over substance. Something to think about.

Welp I think it's a great idea in theory, it has worked for the sufferage movement, the civil rights movemment, etc, but this is one of those events that wouldn't get positive reception by local state or federal law enforcement, let alone the leftist media, I can't see an upside even if it is completely peaceful, just look at how the tea-party rally's were covered ...

anything that has "infowars" on it has become so tainted from the sheer stupidity that at this point it wouldn't matter if it is a relevant matter or not.  

This is nothing more than a ploy to drum up $ and support for doing something outlandish and then turn around and say "LOOK LOOK the military industrialized complex is stopping us from doing something LOOK LOOK; PS buy silver and gold from our sponsors and send me a donation".

Such a load of malarky and worse than those wannabe investigative reporters/youtube freedom fighters that go around and stir up shit on purpose just to have a video to post.

Screw the whole lot of 'em

I predict everyone who participates will have their firearm confiscated. And there will be at least one negligent discharge most likely from someone sent there by CNN to hold a racist sign or do something that they can focus on besides the second amendment.
  • Like 3

The worse that would happen is they would arrest them...  If they opened fire on a crowd of demonstrators, it would spark something that would grow out of control in short order.  It would have a very good chance of ripping this country apart.

That's just a bad idea. I'm all for a march on Washington for gun rights and would love to see millions of 2A supporters swarm Washington but openly armed with rifles will look too much like an assault on the capital.

Unless they want to be martyrs since when there is a standoff involving every LE agency in the area it will not end well. If they are lucky they will all go to jail on federal charges. Unlucky and there will be a lot of dead on both sides and that doesn't help anyone. All it takes is one shot, accidental or not.

• Like 3

6.8AR, I understand what you are saying.. We have to start somewhere, Is his approach ideal? Nope it is not. Marching on Washington and trying to get the numbers over the last couple of decades have not worked, either you don't get the numbers or it just falls apart. 

After the SF guys submitted their document with the signatures of Active/Reserve/Retired Operators, I contacted them to see if I can use it as a framework for Airborne Qualified personnel. I have yet to get to it, as it causes pain to think I gave 7 years to this nation (bad knees, messed up ankle, and quite possible some other stuff that VA will never recognize) for some pencil Dick in DC to destroy with a whip of a pen or vote. Up until the 2008 election, I was not a registered voter, nor a NRA member, nor participated is contacting my representatives to voice my opinion and let them know how I felt. 

Am I frustrated with the system, yes, I am, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go full retard to expose my frustration. There's better approaches, does it take time, yes it does, will we over come the biased media and the libtards, quite possibly but only if it's a unified approached. NRA is working it, some Sheriffs are working it, some States are working it, what we need to do is ensure we don't give the pencil dicks more reason and empower those that are fighting for us continue to do so. Senator X voted for a ban, next election he gets voted out, it might look like groundhog day every election, but after a while Politicians will get it when they are sitting on the side of the curb wondering where the dropped the ball.. 

Also another item to look at is the industry itself, several companies have decided to stop selling to states/cities, that have decided to play stupid games, until it's 100% complete agreement within the industry, it's not going to move forward. Same goes for LEO, if they don't agree 100% or their Chiefs are just looking out for their next political move, we are going nowhere. When the media continues to bash people who are willing to uphold the Constitution, we are going nowhere. We need to confront them and ask them why, what gets people going that are like that is not arguing with them, but asking them how they came to the conclusion and why they believe that is true. When you do that, they tend to fumble with their thoughts and ideas, and there's the opportunity for learning to occur. 

Last item, as some stated, play stupid games win stupid prizes.. Among the group their will be one idiot, that will just being finger fucking his weapon and then it's game on.. And we are going to be back to square 1. 

• Like 2
Guest 6.8 AR

Welp I think it's a great idea in theory, it has worked for the sufferage movement, the civil rights movemment, etc, but this is one of those events that wouldn't get positive reception by local state or federal law enforcement, let alone the leftist media, I can't see an upside even if it is completely peaceful, just look at how the tea-party rally's were covered ...

And you don't see a level of success with the Tea Party movement? Quit worrying what you see on the news,

and join the movement. I think the Tea Party is a successful movement, myself.

Ted Cruz and Rand Paul are products of the Tea Party movement. Many others, also, regardless of what the

media reports. Where would we be without their work about fighting gun control?

Edited by 6.8 AR
6.8 you're preaching to the choir here man, but we are talking about convincing "swing" voters & I just don't see an armed mmarch on Washington DC going over very well with the fence sitters, especially if there is an incident, after which the whole thing could back-fire very very badly, regardless of how noble the original intentions.

I wish I had an alternative to offer but I have no idea of how to reach those folks.
Guest 6.8 AR

6.8AR, I understand what you are saying.. We have to start somewhere, Is his approach ideal? Nope it is not. Marching on Washington and trying to get the numbers over the last couple of decades have not worked, either you don't get the numbers or it just falls apart. 

After the SF guys submitted their document with the signatures of Active/Reserve/Retired Operators, I contacted them to see if I can use it as a framework for Airborne Qualified personnel. I have yet to get to it, as it causes pain to think I gave 7 years to this nation (bad knees, messed up ankle, and quite possible some other stuff that VA will never recognize) for some pencil Dick in DC to destroy with a whip of a pen or vote. Up until the 2008 election, I was not a registered voter, nor a NRA member, nor participated is contacting my representatives to voice my opinion and let them know how I felt. 

Am I frustrated with the system, yes, I am, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go full retard to expose my frustration. There's better approaches, does it take time, yes it does, will we over come the biased media and the libtards, quite possibly but only if it's a unified approached. NRA is working it, some Sheriffs are working it, some States are working it, what we need to do is ensure we don't give the pencil dicks more reason and empower those that are fighting for us continue to do so. Senator X voted for a ban, next election he gets voted out, it might look like groundhog day every election, but after a while Politicians will get it when they are sitting on the side of the curb wondering where the dropped the ball.. 

Also another item to look at is the industry itself, several companies have decided to stop selling to states/cities, that have decided to play stupid games, until it's 100% complete agreement within the industry, it's not going to move forward. Same goes for LEO, if they don't agree 100% or their Chiefs are just looking out for their next political move, we are going nowhere. When the media continues to bash people who are willing to uphold the Constitution, we are going nowhere. We need to confront them and ask them why, what gets people going that are like that is not arguing with them, but asking them how they came to the conclusion and why they believe that is true. When you do that, they tend to fumble with their thoughts and ideas, and there's the opportunity for learning to occur. 

Last item, as some stated, play stupid games win stupid prizes.. Among the group their will be one idiot, that will just being finger ####ing his weapon and then it's game on.. And we are going to be back to square 1. 

You made my point, well, we agree that you changed from being inactive to active in your resolve. Damned good

sign, I'd say. :D

When we, as a large united group of good citizens, decide to reject political correctness, and decide to show what we are

made of by using the same tactics, except the Bill Ayers Weather Underground approach they are trying to turn us into,

we will start winning. I do not want uncivil anything. I do want people to wake up and smell the coffee, however, and quit

worrying so much about style and get back to the Founders' understanding of right and wrong. We have forgotten so

much of how we came about.

Have you ever considered "full retard" is what they are doing? With a lie a second coming from the media, how will

we get our message across? Confront it head on and expose the lies. Peaceful disobedience sometimes has misfits

as an accidental down side, but until someone decides to act peacefully, like Martin Luther King did, we'll never gain

the traction. Let Janet Napolitano make herself into the absolute fool she is. Remember Tiananmen Square, also.

That is how change comes about.

We're not disagreeing. Maybe about an approach, but that's it. I think you and I both know things will get worse

before they get better. It will be up to everyones' resolve on any issue.

Guest 6.8 AR

6.8 you're preaching to the choir here man, but we are talking about convincing "swing" voters & I just don't see an armed mmarch on Washington DC going over very well with the fence sitters, especially if there is an incident, after which the whole thing could back-fire very very badly, regardless of how noble the original intentions.

I wish I had an alternative to offer but I have no idea of how to reach those folks.

I think the fence sitters are primarily looking for something called responsible leadership coming from we, the people,

instead of more of the same. I really hope I'm not preaching, just observing. :D

Guest RedLights&Sirens
While I think this has a potential to go very wrong, I actually support this idea. Some of our leaders have listened and others have not. It is time we show this country who the 90% really is and who the politicians work for (because voting dosnt seem to be effective anymore). Thats the whole reason why we have the Second Amendment and yet while our rights are slowly being stripped away we are now against the idea of an armed protest?

Dont get me wrong, I would hate to have such an event start a civil war. Well Id hate a civil war no matter how it started but the people need to be reminded who has the power. Edited by RedLights&Sirens