.22 LR in stock at cabelas hurry!!!

Guest Nunya

My M-22 was backordered tentatively shippable 5-25.  Looks like the Thunderbolt will ship.

Got one confirmation and one backorder notice just now.

I missed out on the Golden Bullet altogether.

Don't hold your breath on Cabelas back orders. I've had a 250rnd back-order on American Eagle 124gr. 9mm since January of this year. I'll get it eventually, but they've pushed back the anticipated ship date on 3 separate occasions. Each time, they sent me an email asking if I wanted to cancel the order-- like I would give up an order placed at "normal" prices in hopes that I might place the order later at "new" prices.

yeah... riiiiight.

Edited by tartanphantom

Don't hold your breath on Cabelas back orders. I've had a 250rnd back-order on American Eagle 124gr. 9mm since January of this year. I'll get it eventually, but they've pushed back the anticipated ship date on 3 separate occasions. Each time, they sent me an email asking if I wanted to cancel the order-- like I would give up an order placed at "normal" prices in hopes that I might place the order later at "new" prices.

yeah... riiiiight.

No worries here. I'm just trying to pick some up for a friend. And backorders eventually ship...most of the time anyway.

I have backordered powder coming (shipped) from a few months back and at pre- stupid pricing. (Graf's, not Cabelas)

Better to have the potential than to miss the opportunity completely. :2cents:

When I saw these available I placed an order and the payment was processed.  After receiving no confirmation and being unable to confirm the order online, I placed another order about twenty minutes later since they were still showing availability.  I shortly thereafter received a confirmation email on the second order saying the order had been processed, ammo was in stock and estimated delivery was 5/24.  I just received the confirmation email on the first order(different order  #) saying the ammo was backordered with estimated availability of 5/25.

Funny the first order is backordered but the second order is being processed for shipment.  I'm glad I placed the second order although I had no intention of trying to circumvent there one box per day limit.

I got the Backorder emails on both M-22 and Thunderbolt, as well.  My friend that ordered the M-22's about 30 minutes after me has only gotten an email saying his order is in stock and will be shipped.  

I put my order in at 4:30 yesterday morning. When I got home from work around 8:30 I had my wife get on there and place her order seeing they were still in stock.. I told her then that something was wrong because they should had been sold out hours before.. We both finally received our emails saying the same that has been posted already. Then this morning another email saying the backorder has already been pushed back... 

Since their computer was down that morning, the customer rep could not verify my order that showed in stock and would be shipped.  Could orders placed later in the day actually be shipped instead of the earlier placed orders when their computer was down?  Something is not right based on other people's experience on TGO.

I got an "in stock" confirmation email followed by a "backorder" confirmation email the next day.

If it turns out Jbee is right and people who placed orders later are getting theirs shipped and those who placed orders earlier are getting backordered, I'm not going to be happy.

They can pull a timestamp from the order submissions and do the right thing.

I received a backorder email yesterday to 5/24... Got another email today backordered to 6/30. Probably call and cancel my order this time because it appears they don't know what's going on. I really don't mind waiting but it's annoying when someone that has my card number waiting to charge me, appears like they don't know what's going on. Edited by JWC

I got an "in stock" confirmation email followed by a "backorder" confirmation email the next day.

If it turns out Jbee is right and people who placed orders later are getting theirs shipped and those who placed orders earlier are getting backordered, I'm not going to be happy.

If we get it at that price in a timely manner we should be happy.

I just got off the phone with Cabela's to find out what they were doing about all this. They were very polite, as was I, and explained what others have already said happened. I just wanted an explanation about why some were getting different emails. She said:

The earliest customers who got the 5/24 delivery confirmation email also got the earliest backorder emails (yesterday afternoon).

The last orders got a 6/30 confirmation email as they should. 

The people in between got 5/25 delivery confirmation emails and may or may not have gotten their backorder emails yet.

That makes me feel alot better knowing for sure they are filling the orders in the order they were placed. I know life ain't always fair, but when it is...it's a good thing.

If we get it at that price in a timely manner we should be happy.

You are absolutely right. I will be happy just KNOWING I'll get my ammo next time they have it in stock and at a price I was willing to pay.

Edited by BigK
  • Like 2

I ordered at 5:17am CST and I'm backordered 5/25 while the website displayed in stock.  I think is something to that.

Edited by D3vo

I just got off the phone with Cabela's to find out what they were doing about all this. They were very polite, as was I, and explained what others have already said happened. I just wanted an explanation about why some were getting different emails. She said:

The earliest customers who got the 5/24 delivery confirmation email also got the earliest backorder emails (yesterday afternoon).

The last orders got a 6/30 confirmation email as they should. 

The people in between got 5/25 delivery confirmation emails and may or may not have gotten their backorder emails yet.

That makes me feel alot better knowing for sure they are filling the orders in the order they were placed. I know life ain't always fair, but when it is...it's a good thing.

You are absolutely right. I will be happy just KNOWING I'll get my ammo next time they have it in stock and at a price I was willing to pay.

I received the same explanation from Cabelas when I called them today.Their internet ordering system just could not handle all the orders dumped on them at one time.

I have never had a problem with Cabelas before this. I can't really blame them. :up:

I've ordered A LOT reloading supplies from Cabela's this year and they have always been top notch. I wouldn't throw them under the bus for one glitch when half the U.S. tries to order a brick of 22 simultaneously.

I'm pretty fond of them. I order a lot of stuff from them and save my "points" for ammo purchases.