Troubling news for the Trayvon Martin camp

What Terry Stop? You're speculating again. :)

If we stop speculating or making arguments for one side or the other this thread would be dead and we would have to wait for the trial to end. Where’s the fun in that. biggrin.gif

I don’t have a dog in this fight; this ruling will have absolutely zero impact on me being able to defend myself. I do enjoy a good conversation/debate on legal matters. Nothing is written in stone. I could argue either side of this case and make a compelling argument. That is what is going to happen in the closing arguments and the jury will determine who presented a better case.

• Like 4

How did he not fit the profile??? Guns, drugs, burglary tools, gangsta mentality. I think he fit it pretty well. We don't know what happened that night, but we DO know that Trayvon was a thug in training.

The only profile that was presented that night was, "looks black" and wearing a hoodie. None of this other stuff about Trayvon came to light until after the fact. So Zman based his actions on a "black kid wearing a hoodie"? A little racial huh? No body knew any of this stuff about Trayvon. Surely none of this happened because TM was blackl...I'm not going to play the race card. Zman already done that.

Dave

Dave S

I will have to DVR the trial to keep up.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/after-strong-jodi-arias-ratings-hln-looks-ahead-to-george-zimmerman-trial_b180390

With the Jodi Arias trial almost wrapped up, HLN will try to capitalize on its ratings success with programming devoted to the upcoming trial of George Zimmerman.
Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder in the death of Trayvon Martin. HLN plans to present continuous coverage of the trial proceedings, which begin June 10. “After Dark,” which is getting a permanent place in the primetime lineup, will also be devoted to the Zimmerman trial beginning in June. The network has also slated a preview special, “Zimmerman Police Tapes,” for Memorial Day.

On Memorial Day, May 27, HLN will present a special preview of the George Zimmerman trial with a special, Zimmerman Police Tapes airing at 6pm ET. Prior to HLN’s continuous coverage of the Zimmerman trial (beginning Monday, June 10), the network will present HLN After Dark Zimmerman, (date TBA). This special will review issues surrounding this hot-button case and feature HLN’s on-air team including Nancy Grace, Jane Velez-Mitchell, Dr. Drew, Vinnie Politan, and Ryan Smith who will provide expert commentary.

Guest 6.8 AR

I'll agree that Martins future didn't look very bright, but on that night he didn't have any of those items that you mentioned. He only possessed the Skittles and iced tea that everyone likes to joke about.

And apparently a deadly weapon of his own. That is, if the story line holds up that a witness saw TM on top of

Zimmerman. You know? It could very well be that Zimmerman was the victim, but that would be too easy for you.

Do you know that Zimmerman somehow assaulted him?

What bothers me most is that there could be those who seem to think those of us are racists because of our view that

Zimmerman is innocent. That's troublesome and without any foundation.

The only profile that was presented that night was, "looks black" and wearing a hoodie. None of this other stuff about Trayvon came to light until after the fact. So Zman based his actions on a "black kid wearing a hoodie"? A little racial huh? No body knew any of this stuff about Trayvon. Surely none of this happened because TM was blackl...I'm not going to play the race card. Zman already done that.

Dave

Dave S

Again, we don't know. Trayvon could have been acting just like a thug. I have lots of black folks in my neighborhood. A few of them are thuggy. They ain't any blacker than the rest.

And apparently a deadly weapon of his own. That is, if the story line holds up that a witness saw TM on top of

Zimmerman. You know? It could very well be that Zimmerman was the victim, but that would be too easy for you.

What bothers me most is that there could be those who seem to think those of us are racists because of our view that

Racism has been a big part of this case. The libtards that were wearing hoodies in support of Trayvon when they had NO evidence that he deserved that support are just as racist as the ones that automatically blame Trayvon because he was black. I jumped into this because they had Z convicted in the media with no real evidence. If Z is proven guilty, I'll go to the hangin' party. I WON'T be wearing a hoodie, though.

• Like 1

The race card has already been played; the community did it. They claim he was targeted because he was black. Right or wrong it worked; they got the Governors attention.

Who here has implied you are a racist for your views?
  • Like 1
I am guessing that if Trayvon had lived he would be the one on trial not Zimmerman, quite possibly for the attempted murder of Z.

And his probable explaination (if he was truthful on the stand) as to why he brutally assaulted Zimmerman that night ... "he be like following me and talking on da phone and telling da police where I be and sheeet, dat's why ...".
Guest 6.8 AR

The race card has already been played; the community did it. They claim he was targeted because he was black. Right or wrong it worked; they got the Governors attention.

Who here has implied you are a racist for your views?

I never said me, did I? Some of the views taken make it appear as a condition of innocence or guilt, when it should

have nothing to do with it.

The reason the governor got involved was probably because he didn't want a race riot, which would

say volumes about this whole fiasco. The governor should have stayed out of this, instead of placing

the political prosecutor in charge when the initial prosecutor did what he thought would or would not

make a case. Politics and race got involved from the start and it infected some folks vision.

Edited by 6.8 AR

Again, we don't know. Trayvon could have been acting just like a thug. I have lots of black folks in my neighborhood. A few of them are thuggy. They ain't any blacker than the rest.

Again, we do know. Go back and listen to the 911 call. Does Zman mention Black and hoodie somewhere in the conversation in reference to Trayvon? I hope I didn't imagine that.

Dave

Guest 6.8 AR

Was he black, or was he polka dotted, or can one use an identifier of race to give a description, other than being

used to be labeled a racist remark? How would a cop identify him? As a suspect. If that description, being black

and wearing a hoodie is somehow racist, please explain. We've taken this racial profiling way too far to the point

of anything you do becomes racist, and is just another excuse to place blame on the wrong thing.

I never said me, did I? Some of the views taken make it appear as a condition of innocence or guilt, when it should
have nothing to do with it.

It shouldn’t have anything to do with it unless it was a reason Zimmerman picked out Martin. I would want that answered if I was a juror, and I would want to hear it from Zimmerman.

Accusing someone of racism isn’t bad if that is what happened.

The reason the governor got involved was probably because he didn't want a race riot, which would
say volumes about this whole fiasco. The governor should have stayed out of this, instead of placing
the political prosecutor in charge when the initial prosecutor did what he thought would or would not
make a case. Politics and race got involved from the start and it infected some folks vision.

This isn’t a political issue unless you think a local DA should have unlimited discretion in a murder investigation when the Police have ask for an arrest warrant.

And he better listen to the community when they tell him an injustice is taking place. Not sending this case to trial would have been an injustice no matter what race the victim was.
  • Like 1

What bothers me most is that there could be those who seem to think those of us are racists because of our view thatgT

All of my opinions are based on my miniscule amount of law enforcement knowledge. After Zimmerman lost sight of Martin the best thing for him to have done would be to tell law enforcement the general direction that he last saw Martin heading.

I hear people in these threads say "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Zimmerman started the game and may win the ultimate prize.
  • Like 1

What bothers me most is that there could be those who seem to think those of us are racists because of our view thatgT

All of my opinions are based on my miniscule amount of law enforcement knowledge. After Zimmerman lost sight of Martin the best thing for him to have done would be to tell law enforcement the general direction that he last saw Martin heading.

I hear people in these threads say "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". Zimmerman started the game and may win the ultimate prize.

I am guessing that if Trayvon had lived he would be the one on trial not Zimmerman, quite possibly for the attempted murder of Z.
And his probable explaination (if he was truthful on the stand) as to why he brutally assaulted Zimmerman that night ... "he be like following me and talking on da phone and telling da police where I be and sheeet, dat's why ...".

I can't believe that came from an adult. Your kid must have hacked your account. Edited by LINKS2K
  • Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I hear that all too often, also, and it is apropo. Even though what he may have done could be seen as stupid, by many,

it still was more likely not illegal. We still don't have an absolute answer, except for one eyewitness, if I understand

correctly, about who started a confrontation. I'll even concede that if Zimmerman confronted Martin and escalated things,

he could be guilty of something. But that is a big leap with what is known.

Again, we do know. Go back and listen to the 911 call. Does Zman mention Black and hoodie somewhere in the conversation in reference to Trayvon? I hope I didn't imagine that.

In the initial release of the 911 tapes NBC edited the conversation to make it sound exactly as you remember it. In fact, Z sued them over it and they even released a public apology. The undoctored tapes were later released and included Z giving a rough physical description, mostly of what TM was wearing. The dispatcher is the one that pressed GZ to speculate on the race of the suspect.

I would agree with the description had Zman not say something about "they always get away". Whos' they?

In my head, I hear GZ saying this in reference to criminals, not black people. I got that impression, because the police had said there had been a rash of B&E's in the neighborhood. There was a crime ridden part of town on one side, a few stores and other businesses on the other side, and this gated community in between. I think the foot traffic through the neighborhood was what most suspected was source of the break-ins.

Somebody correct me, if I'm wrong, but didn't I read somewhere that someone reported seeing someone that looked like Martin lookin in windows and patio doors? I don't think it was Zimmerman, but I seem to recall somebody else saying this. Edited by BigK
  • Like 1

I can't believe that came from an adult. Your kid must have hacked your account.

I call them like I see them & I am not surprised that you're offended, but I am not a fan of thuggery or thugs, regardless of their color, you do remember that whole "content of their character" speech? anyway I am thoroughly disgusted by the folks trying to turn this Trayvon thug into some kind of martyr because of his skin color, not because of the content of his character.

If my being disgusted by that offends you, well then the problem is on your end, not mine.
  • Like 3

I call them like I see them & I am not surprised that you're offended, but I am not a fan of thuggery or thugs, regardless of their color, you do remember that whole "content of their character" speech? anyway I am thoroughly disgusted by the folks trying to turn this Trayvon thug into some kind of martyr because of his skin color, not because of the content of his character.
If my being disgusted by that offends you, well then the problem is on your end, not mine.

Not once have I said anything about color or race. Every opinion that I have given was based upon my belief that Zimmerman took his position as a watch captain a bit too seriously. I would feel the same way if Martin were your kid. What you said was juvenile. It didn't offend me, but on the other hand maybe I should have expected that from you.

I'm willing to give teens a little leeway because they still have time to change their lives and become productive citizens unlike some older folk who think that their sh*t never stank. If any of you parents are naive enough to think that in this day and age your teen doesn't have some thug glamour shots or some photos of other questionable behavior floating around the internet you are only fooling yourself.

Based upon reports Martin was no angel, but he had a right to be walking down that street and he had no burglary tools on his person. Had the captain allowed the real authorities to do what the taxpayers pay them to do his behind wouldn't have been in the slammer for the last year.
  • Like 1

I'm willing to give teens a little leeway because they still have time to change their lives

A little leeway is one thing, ... brutally assaulting & repeatedly bashing another person's skull into a cement sidewalk is another.

I have no sympathy for Trayvon, karma wasted no time in rewarding him with what he earned.

And this whole "Justice for Trayvon" thing has been racially motivated, the sickening claims of "Trayvon would still be alive if he had been a white kid!" nonsense started from the very beginning.

I have no doubt that Zimmerman (or anyone else in that situation) would have shot a white or hispanic or asian or whatever if they were the one who had been on top of him trying to spill his brains all over that sidewalk that night.

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.

Zimmerman didn't shoot Trayvon because he was black, Zimmerman shot Trayvon because Trayvon was attempting to smash Zimmerman's head open.
  • Like 2