Couple New Projects of Mine.

Top is an M9, middle is going to be for a compact Glock, not the full frame as shown, and bottom is a Taurus .45.  These are just the molds right now, I'm going to be cutting the shape a little bit more to hopefully get a better look.

[URL=http://s1246.photobucket.com/user/gjohnsoniv/media/8cc30a3a-2646-4c94-9e78-69cbb2928c0f_zpscb999a5e.jpg.html]8cc30a3a-2646-4c94-9e78-69cbb2928c0f_zps[/URL]

• Like 1

I tried to blow up the pic to see detail. Best I can tell, I see no boning marks. Yet that's impressive detail.

Are you using a vacuum press?

No I'm not.  I run the antler over it to get the detail and then get rid of the marks with my thumb or fingers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

*Why was it so hard for me to find this thread?  Sheesh...*

So I've been thinking about getting an OWB holster for quite a while.  Unfortunately my waist line has expanded a little and my trusty crossbreed isn't an option with some of my pants/shorts anymore.  I've seen several examples of George's work and was impressed so I figured I'd see what he could do for me.  We had a bit of discussion about color, ride height, cant, retention, etc. and with what seemed to me like somewhat limited info, he nailed it.  

Here's the finished product:

IMG_7261-L.jpg

IMG_7262-L.jpg

IMG_7263-L.jpg

It sits right where I wanted it to and the cant is spot-on.  Essentially, it mimics my crossbreed but in OWB form.  Retention is snug without being difficult to draw.  It's exactly what I wanted and the price was quite friendly for what's essentially a custom holster.  I need to wear it a bit more to get it broken it, but so far it's very comfortable. 

IMG_7267-L.jpg

I also  took a few pics to see how it conceals compared to my crossbreed.  Being perfectly honest, the crossbreed conceals a little better but the comfort advantage of the OWB with pants that are a little snug far outweighs the possibility of a little printing.  As I've said a bunch of times before.... most people wouldn't notice if you were on fire...

George's holster...

IMG_7268-L.jpg

Crossbreed...

IMG_7271-L.jpg

:up:

Edited by peejman

Looks good to me! I'm too lazy to stitch around the belt loops.

LOL, me too, bro.

I am starting to get arthritis and stitching leaves my hands sore and cramped up for days. So, I went over to the dark side and started making/using hybrid holsters instead. All the fastening is done with eyelets and Chicago screws, leaving me pain-free, even after making a couple in one day. I still PREFER all leather, but whatcha gonna do?

Top is an M9, middle is going to be for a compact Glock, not the full frame as shown, and bottom is a Taurus .45.  These are just the molds right now, I'm going to be cutting the shape a little bit more to hopefully get a better look.

8cc30a3a-2646-4c94-9e78-69cbb2928c0f_zps

Middle holster is finished. In today's world it may not be PC, but it's great. :up:

image_zpsa61c7696.jpg

image_zps93fbfd6a.jpg

image_zps415bbc94.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, the smiley is cool.  Who did the logo on the back?  Mine doesn't have that... I think.  I'll look when I get back home.

Wanted my initials on it somewhere, but chose the smiley face. Didn't know about the logo and J until I picked it up. Nice touch.