Protesters stop traffic on Interstate, What would you do?

Guest AmericanWorkMule

In TN we have "Stand Your Ground" even in our vehicles, correct?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Protesters stop interstate traffic, What would you Honestly do?

• Plow through?
    • Stop, Stand Your Ground?
    • Retreat, drive in Reverse?

Guest PapaB

In some jurisdictions this is considered unlawful imprisonment and is a felony.

If your cell phone does video I would have it ready, in your off hand, in case of a confrontation. In my strong hand I would have my weapon out of sight. You don't want to incite anything but you must be at the ready.

Guest nra37922

Or one could try some racial healing tactics and

1)  Call a friend

2)  Explain the situation

3)  Ask him/her to bring 30+ barrels of KFC, couple dozen cases of Schlitz and some watermelon.

4)  Like the Nazarene feed the masses.

If that doesn't work then frick em

I have places to go, things to do, money to EARN, and a family to support. Some idiotic lowlifes that slouch their worthless carcasses in the middle of the interstate are not going to keep me from those duties. I'll do whatever I have to do to cause myself and other respectable citizens the least amount of inconvenience possible. If they want to stand on the side of the road and wave signs while waiting on their welfare checks, whatever. However, they better not stand in the middle of the road and try to keep me from going to work to pay for their welfare checks.

• Like 1
Guest Bassman17SC

Maybe I am wrong, but aren't pedestrians on the interstates "prohibited" by law?  If so, then the police should do their job.  Now, if I come across a situation like that, then my reaction would be dependent on why I am on the interstate in the first place.  Going to work?  I have several alternate routes.  Same thing if I am running errands, etc.  However, if I am dragging my boat to/from the fishing hole, then there may be a problem (as to crossing the median, that is).

Guest 6.8 AR

I think a bigger event which would have caused this would help me make my mind up as to what I would do.

I doubt a random protest would suddenly appear on an Interstate, and there would be warnings to what

caused it, which would tell me some things I should be expecting. If not, and it was truly spontaneous, I'd

have to experience it and make my decision based on what is happening. Yeh, I would try to back up and get

away from it, but if that isn't possible and it turns dangerous, like risk to body and life, someone would get shot.

If I had an emergency, taking care of a family member, the family member takes priority and someone in the

mob will be paying a price. More than likely, you're going to have some clues as to whether something like a

mob happens, unless you are right there when it forms.

What ifs are fun, aren't they? Being prepared for everything is next to impossible, but opening your eyes to

events around you that can cause things like that is the best preparation. What caused this event? What else

happened, along with it? The recent threats of violence and protest turned out to mostly nothing. They usually

do where law and order still has a grip on the community.

If things get this bad, there are bigger problems than this scenario and you need to be preparing for the worst.

It depends, if I'm in the low rider truck id have to turn around, but if I'm in my jacked up K5 then I might just see how dedicated to their cause they are.

LOL

Why would you have to turn around in a low rider truck? Seems like it would work about like a cow plow on an old train lol

It depends, if I'm in the low rider truck id have to turn around, but if I'm in my jacked up K5 then I might just see how dedicated to their cause they are.

LOL

Why would you have to turn around in a low rider truck? Seems like it would work about like a cow plow on an old train lol

I'd be worried about one getting caught underneath and then I'd have to stop and clean it up lol.

Ask me sometime how bad a empty half gallon milk jug smells after a 1/4 mile or so being dragged underneath after I realized you can't center up on stuff in the road with that truck lol.

snowplow.jpg

That looks allot like my dream bug out truck. 

BTW, what they hell were they protesting that involved them getting on the interstate to do it. 

Peacefully assembly fine, but that does not look peaceful at all.